$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Six Nations runners and riders!!!

Six Nations runners and riders!!!

This is a discussion for the topic Six Nations runners and riders!!! on the board Other Senior Rugby.

Author Topic: Six Nations runners and riders!!!  (Read 15488 times)

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #45 on: February 25, 2019, 05:59:40 PM
The English fans seem to be quiet on this thread. Alf nice doing business :)

Well my little daffodil thats a fiver I owe you. Haven't seen the game at all as I've been busy working on logistics for getting my ladies sanitary products into Europe after end of March....... I have a plan B however... if Theresa doesn't come up trumps I shall send them all to the principality ..... loads of storage space apparently....

ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
Reply #46 on: February 28, 2019, 10:01:04 AM
The kicking is having an effect, my lot now think its a good idea and pestering to kick, had to swap my 10 yesterday as he proceeded to kick the ball 3 times in first 20 mins. Think he was slightly shocked, but didnt do a keppa.

But on a serious note I know i am the other way ref no kicking, but kids watching it will be picking it up, lets hope the CRC / RDO are not coaching it out there.

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #47 on: February 28, 2019, 11:27:28 AM
I must admit Mark I have watched a few sessions given by some well respected coaches involved in the national set up coaching kicking games and promoting the idea of using footballs in the game for variety. I understand the variety argument but I always think it is coaching players to look at kicking options first.

I'm just surprised that Barrel and Young weren't smart enough to recognise that the kicking game wasn't working in the second half and try something different. I still don't understand why they don't use Tuilagi to break the gain line and then as a dummy runner.

Play On

• Finding my feet
Reply #48 on: February 28, 2019, 01:01:35 PM
I am with both you 2 but not necessarily to the extreme of Mark lol I see teams week in week out looking at attacking options first from any point in the field. Sometimes it fails to come off and players drop it but then have seen more times when they have made a line break and at least kept hold of the ball and you go again. Aimless box kicking is going to be the death of the game from an entertainment point of view as lads at grassroots can do it so why can't the senior guys play what is in front of them.

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #49 on: March 16, 2019, 10:46:50 PM
Well another 6 Nations has ended with Wales thoroughly deserving the Championship, and Grand Slam. Warren Garland and his coaches have been magnificent and the players are becoming difficult to defeat.
As far as Eddie Jones is concerned his comments about Wales looking tired was a joke. Well done boys.

ye olde 9

Reply #50 on: March 17, 2019, 10:26:11 AM
Please note original post.  8).

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #51 on: March 17, 2019, 10:27:35 AM
Fredbaaa

Wales worthy winners no doubt... good job they had the foresight to employ the best NZ coach and Worlds best English coach. Jones is actually quite comical with his commentary ... he takes the mick which I quite like. The English team were guilty of breathtaking complacency and arrogance against Scotland.  Cue Sports phsychologists queuing up at HQ .

Still wouldn't bet against the all blacks for the World cup.

ye olde 9

Reply #52 on: March 18, 2019, 10:58:15 AM
The England captaincy is wrong, look at world rugby, teams select a bloke from the trenches, not a glory boy 10, who is actually being playing very poorly, so you leave him on longer than you would, even though speed bump on bench. Hartley will be captain, robson and care will be back also.

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #53 on: March 18, 2019, 12:36:44 PM
I'm not convinced Barrel is a glory boy 10. Whilst he has not been playing great he is prepared to roll his sleeves up and get stuck in hardly a throwback to the 10s that had a hankie in their pocket and came off pristine every week.

England have stuttered. It is a resilient Welsh team that lack the necessary sparkle to challenge (ABs/world cup prepped springboks) that have won the grand slam. Ireland poor, France worse, Scotland average when they've played their best and Italy make too many mistakes.

The winners of the world cup have not been playing in the 6 nations

ye olde 9

Reply #54 on: March 18, 2019, 05:52:11 PM
MK a tenner on it? You can have all the other teams, I will take 6 nations teams, actually only want one, a tenner on wales you can have rest. With ref captain glory boy maybe wrong term, 80 ninutes decision makers i.e 9 / 10 etc dont make good captains, they are too busy facilitating the game. 2/4/6 are the shirts that should be worn by a skipper. Key positions but with time to evaluate the game.

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #55 on: March 18, 2019, 09:46:53 PM
Warren Gatland has always selected a forward as Captain apart from the Italy match.
Barrel is not a Captain, and England are struggling in that area. After watching Wales for 56 years the future looks bright the future is red????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #56 on: March 19, 2019, 10:20:17 AM
bet accepted ye olde 9. My chosen charity will be most grateful for your £10 donation post world cup.

I doubt the 'red dragon' will even make the final.