$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; The strangest deciision by a ref

Author Topic: The strangest deciision by a ref  (Read 1101 times)

Offline ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
The strangest deciision by a ref
« on: February 06, 2019, 10:15:43 PM »
Today we played our cup quarter against Becketts, got to be honest we got away with day light robbery in the 1st half, however 2nd half in their half with us attacking they broke clear, our 15 committed a seat back tackle still in their half, 50m from the try line. No yellow, but a penalty try given the ref ran 50-55m to the sticks, as anyone seen a PT given further out.?

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
Re: The strangest deciision by a ref
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 10:39:53 PM »
Today we played our cup quarter against Becketts, got to be honest we got away with day light robbery in the 1st half, however 2nd half in their half with us attacking they broke clear, our 15 committed a seat back tackle still in their half, 50m from the try line. No yellow, but a penalty try given the ref ran 50-55m to the sticks, as anyone seen a PT given further out.?
Might be wrong but Isn’t  a penalty try an automatic yellow too?
Seems it is. Law 8
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 10:50:21 PM by avinastella »
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline ye olde 9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 11:01:41 PM »
Yep, but not given. I get the last man rule but 55m to go and the lad not resembling usain bolt would suggest at least 10 of our players would have caught him. Very odd

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 06:07:06 AM »
The refs decision on Saturday to deny England a try for a double movement was very odd.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 10:33:32 AM »
I love refs.....

Top decision to award a penalty try in the above circumstances ... especially if the tackled player was a chubby gormless chap from the blubber club... sorry.. member of the front row onions. Even better not to show a yellow.. Eccentric. Nice work sir.

As for the disallowed try in Ireland....surely your superiority over us plebbites BrrrB includes knowledge of that law?  Once stopped you cannot propel yourself forward ... momentum from a support player pushing you over would be fine. Voonipoo used his knee clearly on the replay to promote himself over the line after stopping. Again top work sir.

Perhaps with your superiority complex in mind you can advise us of the outcomes for the weekends games ?? I will have a nice bet if you could accommodate .. bitte mein herr .....

deine Zärtlich.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 11:32:27 AM »
It doesn't look that way to me...but what do I know??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z05NyiqBp3Q
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline Dan Nulty

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 01:23:51 PM »
As far as I was concerned you cannot propel your self forward which is what Mako did, I didn't think with his knees, it was his feet. Once ball is grounded you can only reach out with arm if forward motion isn't momentum. Personally I don't think mako was legitimate try.

As for yours Mark, if Ref considered last defender then whilst harsh I suppose you can see why he gave it. Teach your lads how to tackle!

Offline ye olde 9

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 06:35:42 PM »
Lol. Friday training is tackle practice, it was just odd seeing a ref run so far to award it.

Offline Dan Nulty

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 08:08:14 PM »
To be fair, I'd have probably be doing my nut if it was against us!

Offline kronos47

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 01:52:19 AM »

Did you win?
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895