$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Latest scores 9/2/19

Latest scores 9/2/19

This is a discussion for the topic Latest scores 9/2/19 on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Latest scores 9/2/19  (Read 6241 times)

Welshwonder

• Finding my feet
on: February 09, 2019, 02:57:54 PM
West Leeds 8 Cleck 5 HT

Welshwonder

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 03:41:37 PM
West Leeds 33 Cleckheaton 5 FT

Gatland W

• One of the boys
  • Every day I wake up I thank the Lord I am WELSH
Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 03:42:56 PM
York 15 scabs 29

Gatland W

• One of the boys
  • Every day I wake up I thank the Lord I am WELSH
Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 03:56:06 PM
Scabs bonus point win 29 to 20

Billy36

• Finding my feet
  • Breathing Cotswold fire over Yorkshire's fields
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 05:00:53 PM
Strong second half from WL or capitulation from Cleck?

porkies

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 05:14:13 PM
Disappointing day for York relinquishing a first half lead to the below par promotion favourites. We again conceded a couple of soft tries ; frustrating when our defence had been generally solid. Not the best game to watch for the neutral spectator but the better side won on the day.
The exchange referee was subjected to a lot of heckling and abuse from certain Scarborough supporters with their CEO leading the way ; this seemed to rub off onto the players with a belated yellow card for dissent.

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 05:19:09 PM
Subject to many chants of support for the fine whistler in the middle.....

Review of the day to follow.... including listening to the droning on of a very rich farmer!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 05:57:31 PM
Morpeth 36 YM 12.

Despite the drivel put forward on here last week (which I assume nobody 'fell for'), YM were guns blazing and led at the break. A very good, physical game with full commitment from both sides, Morpeth getting well on top last 30.
YM still in the promotion mix on this showing.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 05:59:22 PM
The scoreline suggests it was true!

Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 06:40:55 PM
????????????????????????????????????

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 07:56:35 PM
Thoroughly enjoyable day today at York. My driver picked me up at 11 and we got there in good time for the pre-match hospitality. I was lucky enough to be hosted by Mr President who had just flown in from his yacht to lead the hospitality and what a fabulous job he did. Excellent company, food and a wee tipple meant that the day would have been enjoyable regardless of the result. Some questions were raised about the legitimacy of the raffle when the club Chairman, Secretary, main sponsor and barman were all winners - however when the prizes where pointed out we were assured it clearly wasn't a fix!

Most around the table were expecting a close and scrappy match and that's what it was. Not of the highest quality but when Scarborough managed to get into 3rd gear in the 2nd half we at last pulled away a bit. Very pleasing bonus point win at a ground we rarely get anything.

One incident of interest was a drunken farmer being dragged out of the ground for rather aggressively trying to get my autograph - thankfully the President had left entertaining his ladies by then to assure me that chap was a known trouble maker and often seen breaking into cars with DAA.

Joking aside great win and great company from some true rugby gents at York who lost with good grace and were perfect hosts.

No sign of DAA - apparently his new day release ankle tag doesn't allow access to the ground.

Bombardier29

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Drop the red donkey
Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 10:22:55 PM
I thought this was a fantastic win and a great effort from Scarborough. Despite a dominant first 20 we failed to score mostly due to slow ball with York set up and ready to defend. York then showed the value of quick recycled ball and slick handling in the backs to rack up two deserved tries. But it was never going to be enough......
Scarborough used real intelligence to use the wind and low sun to their advantage and resisted the urge to kick long at any opportunity and were worth their 4 tries for a bonus point win. Shame we lost Tom Hicks who was having a great game. We thought Matty Jones had his best game for some weeks but everyone of the team stood up when needed.
Scarborough have developed the knack of winning despite losing key personnel and any player called in to support has raised their game and stepped up to the task. We really need some reinforcements in some key areas though.
When the second seal was opened another horse came out, a fairy red one. Its rider was given power to take the p*ss from the earth and to make men lay with each other. To him was given a large ego.

stubbs

• One of the boys
Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 12:42:54 PM
no doubt Scarboro deserved their win, but will need 4 or 5 recruits if they go up. front 5 showed they were lacking at times in the tight against a team playing without 1st choice second rows and two back row, Scarboro backs got on top in 2nd half with wind and Yorks best player on the day, centre Dent had to replace try scorer Hodge on the wing because of injury

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 04:47:32 PM
I thought this was a fantastic win and a great effort from Scarborough. Despite a dominant first 20 we failed to score mostly due to slow ball with York set up and ready to defend. York then showed the value of quick recycled ball and slick handling in the backs to rack up two deserved tries. But it was never going to be enough......
Scarborough used real intelligence to use the wind and low sun to their advantage and resisted the urge to kick long at any opportunity and were worth their 4 tries for a bonus point win. Shame we lost Tom Hicks who was having a great game. We thought Matty Jones had his best game for some weeks but everyone of the team stood up when needed.
Scarborough have developed the knack of winning despite losing key personnel and any player called in to support has raised their game and stepped up to the task. We really need some reinforcements in some key areas though.
Out comes the cheque book again BRB?
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 06:47:28 PM
Thoroughly enjoyable day today at York. My driver picked me up at 11 and we got there in good time for the pre-match hospitality. I was lucky enough to be hosted by Mr President who had just flown in from his yacht to lead the hospitality and what a fabulous job he did. Excellent company, food and a wee tipple meant that the day would have been enjoyable regardless of the result. Some questions were raised about the legitimacy of the raffle when the club Chairman, Secretary, main sponsor and barman were all winners - however when the prizes where pointed out we were assured it clearly wasn't a fix!

Most around the table were expecting a close and scrappy match and that's what it was. Not of the highest quality but when Scarborough managed to get into 3rd gear in the 2nd half we at last pulled away a bit. Very pleasing bonus point win at a ground we rarely get anything.

One incident of interest was a drunken farmer being dragged out of the ground for rather aggressively trying to get my autograph - thankfully the President had left entertaining his ladies by then to assure me that chap was a known trouble maker and often seen breaking into cars with DAA.

Joking aside great win and great company from some true rugby gents at York who lost with good grace and were perfect hosts.

No sign of DAA - apparently his new day release ankle tag doesn't allow access to the ground.
I understand that the manager of York Sports club had to insist BRB paid for his round with legal tender after he attempted to pay with his wife’s Tesco club card vouchers!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”