$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Touch of class

Touch of class

This is a discussion for the topic Touch of class on the board Merit Leagues.

Author Topic: Touch of class  (Read 2597 times)

kronos47

• A little respect please...
on: February 10, 2019, 09:46:36 AM
Just to say we Sheffield 2s played Ilkley 2s at Abbeydale.

One of our boys was knocked unconcious and had a neck injury during the game. The Ilkley Physio and team management Sergeant Stomp were extremely attentive to our injured player until the ambulance arrived despite it being cold and windy ensuring the guys well being.

The guy is alright just very sore and groggy. The Ilkley guys showed real class and dignity in caring for our man. Thank you
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Ribbflagman

Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 07:25:40 PM
K47 Wouldnt really expect anything else from Ilkley. They have always been decent sorts. As an aside have you any aspirations to grab one of my relatives from Tigers???

kronos47

Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 02:01:13 AM
K47 Wouldnt really expect anything else from Ilkley. They have always been decent sorts. As an aside have you any aspirations to grab one of my relatives from Tigers???

We would love him to play but he seems to be getting some game time. He started against Wharfedale his old club. Which I think was a slightly political selection but to be honest he hasn't looked back since.

I hope he might consider it next season. Tbh Tigers get walloped up front week in and out but have 2 or 3 match winners in their back line in Jamie Broadley ex Sheffield M & Js, Pete Swatkins who is a fella from the SW who gave it a go with Titans and a kicker of Mark Irelands quality ex Kendal, Sheffield, Otley, Darlington MP. The rest are decent enough lads but I don't understand how teams don't demolish them. Seriously they play off about 20% possession.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895