$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 16/2/2019

Results 16/2/2019

This is a discussion for the topic Results 16/2/2019 on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Results 16/2/2019  (Read 5105 times)

Grimsby71

• Finding my feet
on: February 18, 2019, 10:16:32 AM
Pretty convincing win for the Brods scoring 5 tries to a solitary penalty.  Barring a good spell of pressure early doors (down hill and with the wind) Boro didn’t offer too much by way of threat on the day.  Brods defended well and looked good when they got their hands on the ball showing some patience in attack and defence to go with their ambition.   Though Brods only lead 7-3 at half time the second period was mostly played in the Boro half and Brods probably should have scored a few more.

I think we can now see what the new coaching set up have done, and want to do, with the team, and Brods look like they're enjoying their rugby regardless of which 15 they get out onto the pitch.  Their strength in depth will be tested again in coming weeks with their Tongan lad, Joe Kafatolu, now headed back home and Callum Thompson suffering what looked to be a nasty knee injury and needing to be stretchered off.  I know he frequents this place from time to time…You okay Burger?

Whoopey

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 12:56:53 PM
Score line doesn’t reflect the game at Beverley. As usual, a tough old battle with Salem. Beverley has to defend very well in parts. Great game for £5!

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 01:29:24 PM
Score line doesn’t reflect the game at Beverley. As usual, a tough old battle with Salem. Beverley has to defend very well in parts. Great game for £5!
I'll second that.
Can't say we enjoyed the result but was a great game to watch.
And a great welcome once again from all at Beverley.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Rugby Convert

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 12:12:48 PM
Did anybody watch the Ponte Crocs game

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 08:24:02 PM
No but I watched ORRUFC v Dinnington. Useful start by Copley men and whilst they scored 4 tries Dinnington won in the last 5 mins. It’s tough at the bottom. Home matches against Selby, Keighley and Moortown. We haven’t given up yet.

ponte animal

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 05:52:01 PM
PONTEFRACT 31 OLD CROSSLEYANS 31

It was a lovely day for open rugby and the two teams did not disappoint. Crossleyans are a very good team and Pontefract found the going tough as their efforts to play their usual expansive game ran into some outstanding defence and work at the breakdown. Pontefract’s forwards had a torrid time the week before but their dominance in the set piece this week gave them the platform to compete.
  Number eight Gaz Burns was the beneficiary as he continued his outstanding season by scoring a hat trick of tries, all from scrums near the opposition line. The first try was converted by Liam Kaye and put Ponte into a seven nil lead.
  With the help of some loose play and ill-discipline from Ponte, Crocs came battling back. They put the Ponte defence to the sword by scoring three unanswered tries to lead by seventeen to seven just before the interval. It was great credit to Ponte that on the last play of the half, despite having a player in the sin bin, the team put numerous phases together to allow winger Stuart Sanderson to score in the corner reducing the deficit to five points at half time.
  Soon after the interval Burns scored his second converted try from a scrum and it seemed Ponte were heading for a victory. Crocs had other ideas and replied with two tries, one from a cross field kick and the other from a long kick which, bizarrely, resulted in Burns having the ball stripped by a winger to go under the posts.
  Losing thirty-one to nineteen with less than ten minutes to go, it seemed like the game had gone. However, the forward dominance throughout the game began to take effect on the visitors and Pontes best handling move of the game allowed winger Richard Hossack to score under the posts following an elusive Sanderson break and offload.
  With minutes to go, and five points behind, Ponte gained excellent field position and it seemed a penalty try would be forthcoming as the pack dominated scrum after scrum and Crocs conceded penalty after penalty. The referee did not have to make that decision however as Burns, from the last play of the game, scored another pushover try.
  With the scores locked there was a moment of farce as the conversion from Kaye, was fleetingly given by the touch judge, only to be rightly disallowed as Ponte celebrated victory.
  This was a game Ponte could easily have lost and plaudits should be given to the team that they refused to give up. Special mention should go to the young players such as Matthews, Watts and Nyanjowa, as well as stalwarts such as Griffin, Hill, Scholey and Sandwith.

thecanman

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 05:52:28 PM
Pontefract 31-31 Old Crocs

A game where Old Crocs threw away a healthy lead to let a Pontefract side who werent great, score at the death to equalise, only to miss the conversion that would have won the game.

Old Crocs again showed that our back line can rip teams apart and did just that on a number of occasions. Unfortunately we have little discipline and an even littler pack.

Ponte baffle me and I've often wondered how they are where they are in the league. Having watched them closely twice now against Crocs ive come to the conclusion that they are extremely good at preying on opposition errors. They play an expansive game similar to Crocs which always makes for an exciting high scoring game.

I was going to post before the game that a loss for either side essentially kills off the season and it becomes a difficult task motivating mid table mediocracy- a draw and three points a way from home leaves a glimmer of hope of a top three finish.

Crocs 31-19 ahead with 20 mins to go. Cruising and another try would have completely killed Ponte off.  A red card and a yellow in the last 20 for Crocs allowed Ponte back into the game and they scored a pushover try from a 5 metre scrum to level matters right on the final whistle. Burnsy still dangerous scoring three tries from close range.

Rugby Convert

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 11:32:08 AM
Canman
Tell me why you aren't winning every week with the best backs in the world
It's funny how Crocs always lose, but are always the best team. Never any credit to the other team 
The table doesn't lie

thecanman

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 11:52:53 AM
"Moortown the bigger stronger side and always looked like winning comfortably. Started extremely well and raced into an early lead."
"Keighley always seem to do well at Broomfield, well done on the deserved win".
I could go on but you clearly dont read all my reports properly. I suggest you do, make for good bedtime reading.

Play On

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 12:54:10 PM
Ponte v Crocs sounded like another cracker similar to the previous game at Crocs who build up a big lead and then allow Ponte back in it. Question or comment
for Gaz? in the first game if you had kept the ball in the scrums and played that out you would have got at least 1 pen try which might not have changed the result as you only just lost 31-29. In the 2nd game could you have done the same at the end as you would have been awarded 7 points rather than pick and go, score and have the conversion to win it. Just a thought as Crocs defence in the 1st game was outstanding when you had picked up from the base of the scrum but did you have to?

Burnsy

• A little respect please...
    • Twitter
Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 04:03:29 PM
Ponte v Crocs sounded like another cracker similar to the previous game at Crocs who build up a big lead and then allow Ponte back in it. Question or comment
for Gaz? in the first game if you had kept the ball in the scrums and played that out you would have got at least 1 pen try which might not have changed the result as you only just lost 31-29. In the 2nd game could you have done the same at the end as you would have been awarded 7 points rather than pick and go, score and have the conversion to win it. Just a thought as Crocs defence in the 1st game was outstanding when you had picked up from the base of the scrum but did you have to?

2 games refereed differently I guess, I reckon one more penalty in the scrum last week and it'd have been 7 under the sticks, however we pushed it over. The ref last week is a former prop and very good in the dark arts of scrummaging, good in general really.

At your place, there was some very nefarious back row skullduggery that enable your lads to ruin any chances and these were missed. I wouldn't fancy reffing a scrum without TJs, too many places to watch for one person to adjudicate. Also your scrum magically ran out of front row so we went uncontested which makes it very hard to work the back row. Can't grumble about last week's result though, we were poor and didn't justify the draw.
6 Nations Prediction League Winner Due To Botts Generosity 2011

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death is being unable to delete your Internet search history.