$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 23.02.19 (with updated league standings)

Predictions 23.02.19 (with updated league standings)

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions 23.02.19 (with updated league standings) on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Predictions 23.02.19 (with updated league standings)  (Read 4413 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: February 20, 2019, 10:59:38 PM
Just the 4 games this week so will have all 4 predictions with a joker.

Halifax Vandals v Rotherham Phoenix
Leeds Corinthians v Castleford
Sheffield Medics v Skipton
Wensleydale v Harrogate Pythons

Updated league standings below. Those who missed a week here and there have been given lowest points for that week. Those who haven't predicted in a while have been removed but don't let that stop you making predictions for the rest of the season. Here's the last 13 standing:

SpeedyG     103
Swan Ronson     101
gateprop     99
Dropped It     93
Beachy     91
Jimmy85     91
2ndRowYourBoat     89
Sheeptownlad     89
Speedy Python     88
schming     87
Mud pig     85
thorne123     85
Quality 2     83

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 11:12:08 PM
Halifax Vandals v Rotherham Phoenix - Vandals on a good run at home and Rotherham haven't been travelling too well so gonna back Vandals here.
Leeds Corinthians v Castleford - a game neither can afford to lose and both teams coming off tough losses last week. Based on the fact Cas haven't beaten any of the top 7 away I'll go Corinthians at home, just.
Sheffield Medics (J) v Skipton - if the Medics that beat Rotherham and pushed us all the way turn up it could be a long afternoon for Skipton.
Wensleydale v Harrogate Pythons - in the next 5 weeks we play 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th all away from home. This is the period that will decide if we're promotion material or not. We've always struggled at Wensleydale so will have to be our best performance of the season to take the win here.

Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 08:46:45 AM
Halifax Vandals v Rotherham Phoenix   -   Vandals
Leeds Corinthians v Castleford   -   Cas
Sheffield Medics v Skipton   -   Medics JOKER
Wensleydale v Harrogate Python   -   Wensleydale

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 09:51:53 AM
Halifax Vandals v Rotherham Phoenix - Anyone's guess as Vandals seem to be at their best on mount doom and Rotherham are hit and miss so I'll go with the Orcs to nick it.
Leeds Corinthians v Castleford - Tough one to call, two good teams on their day but think Cas might edge this.
Sheffield Medics J v Skipton - Medics look to be making every game a dog fight now and I think they'll get the win against Skipton who seem to have struggled recently especially away from home.
Wensleydale v Harrogate Pythons - Big clash at the top and one that will go a long way to deciding who goes up in 1st place. Dale have a perfect record at home and I'd expect them to keep it but Gate will push them all the way maybe picking up a few losing bonus points.

Couldn't make my predictions last week as the forum was down, I would of got them all wrong no doubt anyway!

Dropped It

• Forum old hand
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 09:54:54 AM
Halifax Vandals v Rotherham Phoenix - Got to back ourselves.
Leeds Corinthians v Castleford. Tight week for decisions. Going for a home win here.
Sheffield Medics v Skipton. Meds just though if Skipton manage to play a bit more expansively it could be a different story. P&Ging for 80mins won't do them any favours.
Wensleydale v Harrogate Pythons - Game of the wkend. Home advantage to see them through and also decide first and second in the title race IMO.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 09:56:39 AM by Dropped It »

Swan Ronson

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 12:10:33 PM
Halifax Vandals v Rotherham Phoenix - Vandals to grind it out on the slopes of Mordor.
Leeds Corinthians v Castleford - Could go either way but think Cas at full strength are the better team overall.
Sheffield Medics v Skipton - Skipton don't seem to travel too well and Shmeds are good at home.
Wensleydale (J) v Harrogate Pythons - Dale at home and Pythons a bit out of form.

schming

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 12:44:01 PM
I'm agree with Swan's predictions and comments exactly so going for them!

thorne 123

• Forum old hand
Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 03:42:19 PM

Halifax Vandals
Leeds Corinthians
Sheffield Medics
Wensleydale

SpeedyG

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 05:13:30 PM
Vandals (J)
Corinthians
Medicals
Wensleydale

Speedy Python

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 02:06:03 PM
Halifax Vandals v Rotherham Phoenix - Rotherham need this more
Leeds Corinthians v Castleford - Difficult one. Going for home advantage, just
Sheffield Medics (J) v Skipton - If it's the same students who played us last week then a comfortable home win
Wensleydale v Harrogate Pythons Game of the season so far with cheesemen unbeaten at home and Pythons unbeaten away. Got to back ourselves!

Good luck to all

2ndRowYourBoat

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 08:05:12 AM
Halifax Vandals v Rotherham Phoenix - think the roth pack will have too much.
Leeds Corinthians v Castleford - Castleford backs the difference.
Sheffield Medics v Skipton - if skipton can play their game and slow it down, they could do it.
Wensleydale v Harrogate Pythons - top of the league for a reason.

MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 11:23:53 AM
What happened to Skipton ?

hoodie

• A little respect please...
  • 4TOTTY
Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 02:25:05 PM

Sheffield Medics v Skipton - if skipton can play their game and slow it down, they could do it.

Yep... Skipton really show them students a thing or two ????
Confront the fear, feel the courage, join the battle.