$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 23/2

Results 23/2

This is a discussion for the topic Results 23/2 on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Results 23/2  (Read 4910 times)

Play Right

• Forum old hand
on: February 23, 2019, 04:52:36 PM
Old Brodleians 25 Hullensians 24 (HT 5-24)
Brods kick penalty in last play of the match to win

Play Right

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 05:00:54 PM
Guisborough 26 Middlesbrough 19
Well done to Guisborough on their first win of the season

Ed I Tackle

• Forum old hand
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 05:08:35 PM
Old Brodleians 25 Hullensians 24 (HT 5-24)
Brods kick penalty in last play of the match to win

Last week against Heath last play conversion from wide out to win the game goes wide, this week a last play pen gives Brods the win. Fine margins between safe in mid table and a relegation fight.

Whoopey

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 07:15:17 PM
Guisborough 26 Middlesbrough 19
Well done to Guisborough on their first win of the season

Unbelievable Jeff! Great win.

olfaithful

• One of the boys
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 07:24:48 PM
Kick on for rest of season and better prospects for next, whatever the league structure will be.
UTG

Vagabonds IOM

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 09:45:26 PM
Just had a call from a mate who was at Guisborough today, said Boro lads and supporters went straight home after the game, didnt have a beer or food. Not what rugbys all about.
Said it was a cracking game.

Smoggie

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 11:41:06 AM
Just had a call from a mate who was at Guisborough today, said Boro lads and supporters went straight home after the game, didnt have a beer or food. Not what rugbys all about.
Said it was a cracking game.

Thanks for telling me how to spend my Saturdays VIOM. Like several Middlesbrough and Guisborough supporters I left at full time to head home to watch Wales v England - 2 hours drinking Coke didn't appeal. Also like many fellow Middlesbrough members I spent money over the bar pre-match enjoying the usual warm Guisborough welcome.

Your mate has different ideas than me of what constitutes a cracking game. I thought it was very poor with mistake after mistake from both sides and the ref throughout. Guisborough deserved their win for their play in the last 20 mins when they seemed to want it a lot more.

Lock2509

• One of the boys
Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 01:50:46 PM
The game was meant to be played friday. Guisborough went to the committee without any say from Middlesbrough to have it on the saturday. All the boro players and supporters had organised to watch the England game at Acklam Park. Nothing to do with the result.

The game was very poor, never seen a scrum half pass to the floor more times than the Guisborough 9. Conditions were good but the game was lancashire, the decisions of the referee were actually laughable.

Penalty count cost Middlesbrough the game and Guisborough had the fire in their bellies.

Vagabonds IOM

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 06:45:23 PM
Sorry about that Smoggie, i rang my mate today and hes changed his tune about the game , and meant to say it was a cracking result.
The poor lad does spend a lot of time at the Boro club house as a guest of some of the sponsers, likes a good drink and probably not seen many decent games.
Cheers.

olfaithful

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 07:21:11 AM
Often find "local derbies" are low on skills and high on passion.
The side that wants it more can often beat supposed better sides.
It is also usual for losers to consider the game as rubbish, just as winners consider it great.