$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Home Run Squeaky Bum Time!

Author Topic: Home Run Squeaky Bum Time!  (Read 4100 times)

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
Re: Home Run Squeaky Bum Time!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2019, 08:04:50 PM »
I think Scarborough, taking everything into account, are a club that could/should sit anywhere between level 5 and 7. That's a long held view of mine.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline Dark Arts Advocate

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 10:22:22 PM »
I think Scarborough, taking everything into account, are a club that could/should sit anywhere between level 5 and 7. That's a long held view of mine.
Not often we agree, but the occasional flirtation with level 5 would be good for the players who have taken you there. The danger arises when the Blazers start spending all the hard earned tea and coffee money Etc. on trying to maintain the position!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Offline Dan Nulty

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2019, 08:16:35 AM »
Yes. Got accept it when not good enough for a certain level and take the punishment. Don't spend any money on players or have a team half full of 'player coaches'.  Money should purely be invested in the junior set up and facilities.

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2019, 08:26:14 AM »
And once your income streams have bought all the facilities you can possibly need and your youth scene is similarly funded to the max, what are you going to do next?
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Offline Pristine Shorts

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2019, 09:36:04 AM »
In the long term, we’re all dead !

Offline Billy36

• Finding my feet
  • Breathing Cotswold fire over Yorkshire's fields
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2019, 10:13:57 AM »
And once your income streams have bought all the facilities you can possibly need and your youth scene is similarly funded to the max, what are you going to do next?

Aggressive takeovers of Bridlington, Malton & Norton, Whitby and Hornsea et al. Strip assets and bulldoze the club houses. BRB will sit in a Bond villain office, with shark tank, just off the Silver Royd Amber Rooms stroking a *insert favourite pet* and cackling away. The scene ends with the infamous Sean Connery Highlander quote being muttered under his breath....“There can only be one”. Screen fades to black.

Offline stubbs

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2019, 11:08:01 AM »
The players whether they be ex colts or incomers on exs need to have a major say on where they want a club to be going and how much of their weekend they spend travelling. its more difficult for sides like Scarborough who are an hour further out than york or an hour and a half further out than the West Yorks sides.
trips to Cumbria and Lancs coast are all day jobs and progress past level 5 would mean some weekends written off. it comes down to Work/Home life/sport balance. easier decision for single guys, but not so for those with partners. There is also the consideration that the guy sat on the seat next to you on the coach is getting paid to be there and you are there voluntarily

Offline Pristine Shorts

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2019, 11:20:21 AM »
Just looking at an old, pre-leagues Ilkley fixture card.....84/85 season.

Aspatria away for first and home for seconds. Southport - all 4 teams, 2 home and 2 away....Doncaster.... Upper Wharfedale ( ! ) all 4 teams...Blackburn, Rotherham, Old Hymerians, Ionians, Headingley Wanderers, Westoe and Sheffield. Plus Leeds and Sheffield Universities. Skipton on Boxing Day and Keighley on New Year's Day !

So plenty of travel and plenty of personnel. I wonder what happened.....

Offline Jack hackett

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2019, 12:32:10 PM »
Team full of young Scarborough ex-colts. They just played well. Sometimes you'll get more respect and you'll show some rugby credentials by saying well done!
[/quote/]
Do all scarborough colts sides have aussie and kiwi accents??

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2019, 12:40:28 PM »
Team full of young Scarborough ex-colts. They just played well. Sometimes you'll get more respect and you'll show some rugby credentials by saying well done!
[/quote/]
Do all scarborough colts sides have aussie and kiwi accents??

Whatever their accent, they at least can use the quote facility effectively!

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.