$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 09.03.19

Results 09.03.19

This is a discussion for the topic Results 09.03.19 on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Results 09.03.19  (Read 6359 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: March 09, 2019, 04:56:08 PM
Pythons 9 - 8 Leeds Mods. How they are bottom I don’t know!

schming

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 06:15:43 PM
Aire beat Skipton 29 22. After going 21 3 up Skipton woke up and came back strongly, but aire scored the last try to seal the win. Some close games with baildon s new squad nearly pulling off a shock against the leaders.

Cheeseman

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 06:22:06 PM
V tight game against Baildon today. Credit to Baildon who were much much better than their position suggests and with a few v good players,  we didn't play our best and won it with a penalty in the last three mins but we had to dig in and win ugly.

Dropped It

• Forum old hand
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 06:28:27 PM
Tight affair on Mount Doom today. Very stop start and mistakes on both sides. The worms did enough to win it and well done to them.
Won’t say anything about the ref today, for both sides. But count that silence as deafening.

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 07:02:43 PM
Agree with you on that one Dropped it, bit of a sloppy game with wind taking control for a lot of it on the hill. A tight game but think we managed to just grind the win out with some stern defence, always a tough place to go but a good set of lads! The ref was a bit whistle happy to say the least but it is what it is I suppose.

Some weird results elsewhere aswell! Have Baildon really called in the cavalry then? That result would suggest they have and Mods must be the best team at nearly winning in the history of rugby.

Fenton

• Forum old hand
  • Surrounded by Idiots
Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 07:40:39 PM
A little Fat worm told me that they had better food at the Racca must have been the fact that half the team were in big fellas until 3 am and the mighty worms were under the influence, can they do 2019 unbeaten a few juicy games to come

Speedy Python

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 09:56:32 PM
Pythons 9 v Leeds Mods 8. How Mods are bottom of the table is anyones guess. Great of Mods to stay and watch the England game and enjoy all the singing afterwards. Really hope you avoid the drop!

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 10:51:31 PM
Update it’s 22.50 and the Mods are still out in town drinking with the Harrogate lads. Firstly. What a set of guys. Secondly. What other sport would you get this in?

Pantomath

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 12:36:17 AM
Fenton .... Your wrong  :D

Fenton

• Forum old hand
  • Surrounded by Idiots
Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 11:04:21 AM
Pantomime, which bit

Fenton

• Forum old hand
  • Surrounded by Idiots
Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 11:09:03 AM
The pie and peas, the half the team in Big Fellas or unbeaten in 2019

Mud pig

• One of the boys
Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 01:27:01 PM
Some very close encounters (not of the 3rd kind) this weekend. Another win for the knotts locomotive, one can only imagine how many points clear they’d be at the summit if they played like they have been all season? I’m guessing the teams above them chasing promotion wish they’d not have to play them. Maybe the lads from ca$ should start using some of their wages they earn at the club and go to this biggies place that Fenton’s mentioned

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 02:04:58 PM
Just a question to all really.

when anyone plays the Medics, everyone states `it depends on what team turns out` I for one don't buy into this as each team has the same issues week in week out? Castleford have not once this season put the same side out on consecutive weeks.

So when the medics win a game; they must have had a good team out but they lose a game; they must have had a poor team out! No credit to the team that beats them...

Seen medics a good few times now and I have never watched them put a poor team out, some better than others but not a poor team.

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 04:20:43 PM
I think it's just a common assumption that whenever you're playing student teams they have a changed team all the time, but actually the majority of times I've played them it's been most of the same lads and underestimating them is risky. I think nearly all teams have changed line ups every week, I know we do.

ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 11:24:02 PM
Asking which student team, it's more in the sense of focus. Not physical players, the same majority of players but game day is a run out to them not as important to say some of us avoiding ikea I guess.