$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Very quiet...

Author Topic: Very quiet...  (Read 1659 times)

Offline MrG

• Finding my feet
  • UTW
    • View Profile
Very quiet...
« on: March 14, 2019, 07:43:42 PM »
Would be good and interest some more of us ‘young en’ if there was more debates and discussions! Promotion, relegation, cup competitions and other topics! Would attract more members! Just seems to be very dull and dried out in my opinion

Girth

Offline gateprop

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Re: Very quiet...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 08:09:45 PM »
We’ve had the predictions competition which has seen a lot more interaction on the board than in previous years. If you would like a discussion on promotion or relegation or indeed anything, feel free to start one. Not much going on this week with only one game being played.

Offline Oldtwohat

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 09:01:26 PM »
Yorkshire Vase quarter finals on Saturday if anyone’s interested?

Quarter Final
Sat 2nd February 2019
Wibsey P
Wensleydale P
C2
Sat 23rd February 2019
Burley
Leeds Corinthians
C1
Sat 16th March 2019
Castleford
Halifax Vandals
C3
Sat 16th March 2019
Knottingley
Rotherham Phoenix
C4

Not sure what’s happening with C1 and C2 games but C3 and C4  are on as far as I know.

Offline schming

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 09:07:48 PM »
What are folks views on 12 or 14 team leagues which is a potential impact at the the restructure discussions ? Also do teams like gavung 5 rolling subs when leagues above us only have 3? I think having 5 weakens second teams and should be dropped.

Offline gateprop

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 09:41:48 PM »
Yorkshire Vase quarter finals on Saturday if anyone’s interested?

Quarter Final
Sat 2nd February 2019
Wibsey P
Wensleydale P
C2
Sat 23rd February 2019
Burley
Leeds Corinthians
C1
Sat 16th March 2019
Castleford
Halifax Vandals
C3
Sat 16th March 2019
Knottingley
Rotherham Phoenix
C4

Not sure what’s happening with C1 and C2 games but C3 and C4  are on as far as I know.

Pythons are playing Rotherham this weekend so not sure when the Roth/Knottingley quartet final will be played.

Offline gateprop

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 09:44:49 PM »
What are folks views on 12 or 14 team leagues which is a potential impact at the the restructure discussions ? Also do teams like gavung 5 rolling subs when leagues above us only have 3? I think having 5 weakens second teams and should be dropped.

Suppose it depends on the amount of players at the club. This weekend being the exception we’ve regularly been putting out 20+ in our 2nds so are more than happy to have 5 subs for our 1sts.

Offline ye olde 9

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 10:29:20 PM »
MrG you are so right, the banter, mick take seems to have dried up. All obsessed with 12/14 team leagues, Lancashire split etc, very very boring. Players want to play from mid August to April with a few weeks off during, they couldn't give a monkeys whether it be league, cup or local derby. plus forum as become very snow flake look back a few years, banter all the way, no one taking offence just a good old leerdammer take.

Offline MrG

• Finding my feet
  • UTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 08:53:13 AM »
Knottingleys QF vs Rotherham will be played on the 6th April due to Rotherham having a league fixture.

And in reply to 5 subs it is very useful due to the size of our small squad compared to the majority of the other teams in the league .We haven’t fielded a 2nd team in over 2 years and don’t have a youth, so having 5 subs gives us the opportunity to have a more diverse bench of all age groups and abilities.

Offline MrG

• Finding my feet
  • UTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 08:54:49 AM »
And I agree abit more banter and people getting less affended would make it a lot more better read.

Offline Mud pig

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 10:28:43 AM »
I was thinking,  how hard will the Harrogate contingent cry when they finish 3rd?

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 10:41:41 AM »
Nothing wrong with 5 subs IMO. You don't have to take them and strip your second team. But if you have the numbers use them and keep your front row fresh. 80mins on front rowers especially can be tough. Don't really understand the three sub rule when leagues above and below are allowed more.

Offline Beachy

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 12:13:06 PM »
Our quarter final with Rotherham is now a league and cup double unfortunately due to lack of free weekends left.

In terms of the 5 subs I think it's massively helpful especially for teams that don't have more than 1 team like ourselves as we can rotate players more in the game and also give the fringe players on the subs bench more game time.

Offline Pomfresian

• Forum old hand
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 06:30:39 PM »
Beachy, your views and opinions on this forum are very good and have a broad approach to things even though you are a grott through and through

Cant you get your mate Mud Pig off this forum so we can have some adult conversations without his attempts of mi$chief all the time...

Offline Mud pig

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 06:54:30 PM »
Pommy pommy pommy the irony of your post on this thread that’s asking for more banter and you’re crying becau$e you handle a bit of friendly banter! I’m looking forward to your po$t when your big spending ca$ team get turned over by Halifax vandal$ in your own back yard  ::)

Beachy, your views and opinions on this forum are very good and have a broad approach to things even though you are a grott through and through

Cant you get your mate Mud Pig off this forum so we can have some adult conversations without his attempts of mi$chief all the time...

Offline schming

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 07:42:40 PM »
Is tomorrow's game  the decider of 2nd place - it looks like it?

And will baildon go undefeated now after splashing the ca$h on staying up?!