$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Blackburn V Scarborough Play off

Author Topic: Blackburn V Scarborough Play off  (Read 14502 times)

Offline Driffield Bulldog

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Blackburn V Scarborough Play off
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2019, 09:25:35 PM »
https://youtu.be/LQEDbiOVSUA?list=PLT9DrZ

Try that let me have your comments, i have all the Scabs Scrums if BRB wants to cry over them as well. Time to get the Cheque book out!!!!

Yikes the great Matty Jones won’t want to see that in a hurry they nearly wheeled him back home!!

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2019, 10:09:46 PM »
https://youtu.be/LQEDbiOVSUA?list=PLT9DrZ

Try that let me have your comments, i have all the Scabs Scrums if BRB wants to cry over them as well. Time to get the Cheque book out!!!!

Please post the whole match - or I'll look for it myself. I was there remember. I'm still not sure what you are trying to prove? We lost by 10 points against a strong side. No one I know has complained.

It does make we wonder why someone from Knottingley is so concerned that Scarborough lost a play off match? Someone had to win and someone had to lose. They had a stronger front row....and?

You can have all the pops you like at Matty Jones and the others in our front row. It has no effect on me. However you might want to think why you are attacking good rugby people who went out and played a game of rugby and lost.

As for Bulldog, Moortown will be in our league next year so perhaps you could laugh in Mattys face directly?

I don't think Fenton and his Knottingley crew will be gracing Silver Royd anytime soon.....

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 10:11:30 PM by backrowbandit »
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2019, 10:14:25 PM »
Commiserations to Scarborough but I suspect it may have been a season too early for them to go up. I’m delighted that they’re still in our league for all the right reasons !
Driffield Bull#hit , don’t know which club you’re from but when you’re fishing for bites try doing it with tongue in cheek and you might, just might, become slightly popular.
Poirot, i suspect Driffield Bulldog may be from Driffield, just a wild guess?

As for your also sycophantic reply, Scarborough have had their shot at glory, but fell at the last hurdle! i suspect that all their East Coast rivals will want to reverse this year's form table and stick it right up them next season, i know York will!!

He's from Moortown. I have never outed anyone on here and I won't start now. But I know exactly who he is.

Offline Fenton

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2019, 07:26:33 AM »
BRB, be very careful what you say you know nothing about me, where I am from and who I support and who I have played rugby for, Little Knottingley is my local Club and I support my local club, and do remember watching them play Mighty Scabs before their windfall, and be very careful you never know when the mighty fall or the minnow fights back and they meet again, I will be watching.

Offline Fenton

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2019, 07:28:31 AM »
BRB why don’t you try some humility in your responses and maybe you won’t be and look like such a smug idiot

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2019, 07:39:47 AM »
Snigger...and there is today's nomination for the most ironic post of the year!

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2019, 08:42:29 AM »
All the clips show is Blackburn have a strong scrum. To suggest they are detailed enough to show any aspect of front row techniques by either side is ludicrous.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Offline Master_Knowledge

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2019, 08:59:50 AM »
I'd say it provides enough evidence to suggest Blackburn's front row had better technique or did they just fluke butchering the Scarborough pack for 6 minutes worth of video?

Offline old7

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2019, 09:02:24 AM »
The video seems to validate my point about illegal scrum play by Blackburn

Offline porkies

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2019, 09:23:31 AM »
Commiserations to Scarborough but I suspect it may have been a season too early for them to go up. I’m delighted that they’re still in our league for all the right reasons !
Driffield Bull#hit , don’t know which club you’re from but when you’re fishing for bites try doing it with tongue in cheek and you might, just might, become slightly popular.
Poirot, i suspect Driffield Bulldog may be from Driffield, just a wild guess?

As for your also sycophantic reply, Scarborough have had their shot at glory, but fell at the last hurdle! i suspect that all their East Coast rivals will want to reverse this year's form table and stick it right up them next season, i know York will!!

Bravo Clouseau ! I knew he’s from Moortown ....
And yes , I’d love for York to do the double over them next season.

Offline NorthEast1_fan

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2019, 09:46:16 AM »
Should have seen Scarborough at Morpeth this year....

Offline NorthEast1_fan

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2019, 09:50:10 AM »
Should have seen Scarborough at Morpeth this year....

The Scarborough pack that is....their area  good outfit in the backs!

Offline stubbs

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2019, 09:59:24 AM »
 good video for the refs to watch on how not to referee the scrums, Scarborough standing up when under pressure to attempt to stop the drive, and Blackburn tight head 'boring in' on several occasions. although it would probably have made a mockery of the game had the ref pinged all the scrum offences. the Blackburn pressure did make scarborough front row ineffective around the park from the 6 minute clip shown

Offline Dropkicker

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2019, 11:51:49 AM »
As an ex back I know "sweet FA" about front row play. I was lucky enough to play behind a pack that dominated the scrums most of the time, as Blackburn appeared to do from that video. Most of the time with such dominance our victories were of a much greater margin than this result on Saturday. Given the apparent dominance shown in the video it is therefore surprising that the score line wasn't greater than what it was. Scabs must have been resilient against all this possession to keep the score to what it was. Either that or Blackburn were not as good as the brief video clip would have us believe. I suspect with all these things the truth is somewhere in between.
As for next season, Blackburn to do a Wilmslow and Scabs to do a Morpeth, with there recruitment machine already going at full throttle

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2019, 12:10:48 PM »
I agree DK. At the end of the day there was a team of 3 officials, all of whom were much closer to the action than the poor quality video footage. Of the 16 scrums shown, only one comes anywhere close to showing the actual body / foot positions, which indeed shows the Blackburn loose head boring in. The rest are obscured by misting, scrum halves and ref in the way and angles down the pitch that show nothing of any relevance to what was happening one way or the other in the front rows. To claim otherwise is, as I said before, quite ludicrous.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.