$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Blackburn V Scarborough Play off

Blackburn V Scarborough Play off

This is a discussion for the topic Blackburn V Scarborough Play off on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Blackburn V Scarborough Play off  (Read 45960 times)

Dark Arts Advocate

• A little respect please...
on: March 15, 2019, 11:32:44 AM
Looking at the tables both Scarborough and Blackburn are in prime position to finish second in their respective leagues.

Although Scarborough have 4 points more with same number to play (84 against 80) Blackburn do have 4 games that they will think they can win and secure a try bonus point from each.

That means it would be reasonable to assume that Blackburn may well end the season on 100 points.

Consequently that means Scarborough will need to get something out of each of their remaining 4 games (3 x 5 point wins and something from the Morley game). Other calculations are available!

They are nailed on for 5 point victories against Percy Park and Bradford and Bingley at Home, no doubt Malton will be just as easy away from home. That would leave them with 99 points.

So the big game at Morley next Saturday is crucial to Scarborough's promotion ambitions! A minimum of 1 losing bonus point is required for the destination of the play off semi final to remain in their hands.

I suspect that BRB and the Scarbar blazers will be offering extra win bonuses next week at Morley, to ensure, the secure another lucrative day at Emma Royds, for the end of season finale!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 05:54:14 PM
I can't argue with your maths but your predictions are very optimistic for Scarborough.

Also remember that Morley also play Morpeth.

However where I completely agree is that Blackburn will win every match with a bonus point...
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 12:56:07 PM
Morpeth do have to play Morley.

If they slip up away at Pocklington next week and Scarbs turn over Morley, then a completely different perspective comes into being.

if however they don't slip up in the next 3 fixtures, the top two positions in the league could be sorted out before their last game of season against Morley.

All to play for. Who will blink first?

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 10:18:56 AM
Dark R's

I for one would like to see Scarberers become the premier side in Yorkshire. Looks like Carnegie are on the terminal slide to oblivion. Where better than the jewel on our coast for a day out to watch top rugger. Come on Brrrrb get your digit out splash the cash and get up to top team status. Going to Leeds Donny or Rotherham is depressing .... a nice day out with fish and fripperies.. just the ticket... Scarbs in championship .. Id go watch !

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 12:46:16 PM
It's always been a great day out in Y1.... We don't need promotion for that!

Oldandslow

Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 03:09:23 PM
BRB Alf is partly right in that Yorkshire sports fans love to come to Scarborough to watch. You only have to compare the large crowds when YCCC play there two county championship fixtures at North Marine Road compared to the poor attendance at Headingley.

So Alf is right Scarborough could and should become Yorkshire’s senior club.

Where Alf is wrong the jewel on the Yorkshire coast is Brid.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 03:29:26 PM
BRB Alf is partly right in that Yorkshire sports fans love to come to Scarborough to watch. You only have to compare the large crowds when YCCC play there two county championship fixtures at North Marine Road compared to the poor attendance at Headingley.

Not sure I can agree with that!!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 03:56:50 PM
Which part??

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 07:10:33 PM

Not sure I can agree with that!!

Im with you Slowcoach. I always try and get along for the cricket at Scarbs normally stopover at least one night.

It would be great to go watch top class rugby games at Scarboro in the same way. Cant think of anywhere else in Yorkshire with the same access, facilities and attractions. ( wouldn't argue about Brid at all I like the place, nowhere near the same infrastructure for rugby though and thats included in the assessment ).. I also accept BrB s comment about the current set up. Be very cool though to go over and watch championship or higher rugby on the East Coast. As I said Carnegie are pulling the plug on investment.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 07:27:34 PM
I've heard (genuinely) that Carnegie are looking to relocate to York. Presumably, although this is a guess, to the new City Stadium.

Oldandslow

Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 06:59:56 AM
I've heard (genuinely) that Carnegie are looking to relocate to York. Presumably, although this is a guess, to the new City Stadium.

BRB

I have also heard Carnegie are considering there options when there present staging agreement at Headingley ends. When you have to rent a ground for every home game that’s a substantial part of their budget. So it makes sense to look at other options if for no other reason than to negotiate the best deal even if they want to stay at Headingley.

Not heard they definitely have another location in mind.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 09:27:39 AM
Have you seen Otley’s plans ?

Oldandslow

Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 02:27:50 PM
Have you seen Otley’s plans ?

Yes I heard something about it, they plan to move somewhere near the planned  new bypass road. Somewhere near otleyensians and the football club I was told and sell Cross Green for upmarket retirement homes.

Told it might be difficult to achieve as the site was is in the green belt so maybe lots of objections.

Pristine think you boys at Ilkley will be better informed about if it’s going to happen. So if I’ve been told wrong please put me straight.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 02:49:51 PM
Lots of water to go under lots of bridges first I suspect. They will be staying at Cross Green all next Season and have been talking to ‘ other clubs in the area ‘ about where they will play whilst the new place is being built.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 03:30:56 PM
Which part??
Brid being the jewel of the East Coast!

More like the Rusty Sheriff's Badge to me!