$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Blackburn V Scarborough Play off

Blackburn V Scarborough Play off

This is a discussion for the topic Blackburn V Scarborough Play off on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Blackburn V Scarborough Play off  (Read 45651 times)

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 04:04:06 PM
Lots of water to go under lots of bridges first I suspect. They will be staying at Cross Green all next Season and have been talking to ‘ other clubs in the area ‘ about where they will play whilst the new place is being built.
Couple of them dreadful plastic pitches nearby. They don't appear to get much use.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Builders mate

• Finding my feet
Reply #16 on: March 20, 2019, 05:42:01 PM
Lots of water to go under lots of bridges first I suspect. They will be staying at Cross Green all next Season and have been talking to ‘ other clubs in the area ‘ about where they will play whilst the new place is being built.

Otley will play at Cross Green for the first half of next season only. After which, they will look to ground share until the 2nd half of season 2020/21.
They aim to be in their new facilities in January 2021.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 08:54:31 PM
“We will be playing at Cross Green for the whole of next season but will need to find somewhere else to play from August 2020 to August 2021 while the building work takes place at our new ground. We are talking to several local clubs about using their facilities, and we are very close with one club, but I am not prepared to say more at this stage.”

Otley RFC Chairman Paul Mackie, Ilkley Gazette, March 7th.

Has this changed ?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:56:16 PM by Pristine Shorts »

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #18 on: March 24, 2019, 02:31:51 PM
Blackburn have kept the pressure up on Scarborough with a narrow 5 point win.
Both now on 85 points and identical win records!
Who will blink first?
Blackburn have a couple of toughies in the last 3 games.
However Scarborough on paper have an easier finish but I can imagine Malton and Norton will be hoping to pee on the promenade!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #19 on: March 24, 2019, 03:58:27 PM
Ok a couple of points...

1) I think Blackburn have a very easy run in.

2) How on earth is Scarborough's run in easy??? PP are on a brilliant roll at present and Malton away will be rock hard. I accept we'd hope to beat B&B at home. I think all this talk of us being nailed onto 2nd spot is crazy. If I were Morley I'd think I'd have a good chance of 2nd.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 08:13:55 PM by backrowbandit »
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #20 on: March 24, 2019, 06:33:51 PM
Ok a couple of points...

1) I think Blackburn have a very easy run in.

2) How on earth is Scarborough's run in easy??? PP are on a brilliant role at present and Malton away will be rock hard. I accept we'd hope to beat B&B at home. I think all this talk of us being nailed onto 2nd spot is crazy. If I were Morley I'd think I'd have a good chance of 2nd.
Blackburn although comfortably in second place have to play 3rd in the league at home and have a top 6 side away. Like Scarborough they have what is essentially a walk over. PP on the road aren’t the same side as at home, so M and N are their toughest game!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #21 on: March 24, 2019, 08:15:24 PM
One slip-up and we're third...

Builders mate

• Finding my feet
Reply #22 on: March 24, 2019, 10:13:19 PM
“We will be playing at Cross Green for the whole of next season but will need to find somewhere else to play from August 2020 to August 2021 while the building work takes place at our new ground. We are talking to several local clubs about using their facilities, and we are very close with one club, but I am not prepared to say more at this stage.”

Otley RFC Chairman Paul Mackie, Ilkley Gazette, March 7th.

Has this changed ?

Having spoken with the Otley committee yesterday it would appear that issues at the Higways Dept are delaying Otley's plans to move and yes they will now be at Cross Green for all of season 2019/20.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #23 on: March 25, 2019, 09:44:50 AM
Not sure that’s true. Depends on what team Morpeth field the week after they are crowned champions. Hopefully for Scarborough’s sake they don’t take their foot of the gas!

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #24 on: April 14, 2019, 04:26:33 PM
Looking at the tables both Scarborough and Blackburn are in prime position to finish second in their respective leagues.

Although Scarborough have 4 points more with same number to play (84 against 80) Blackburn do have 4 games that they will think they can win and secure a try bonus point from each.

That means it would be reasonable to assume that Blackburn may well end the season on 100 points.

Consequently that means Scarborough will need to get something out of each of their remaining 4 games (3 x 5 point wins and something from the Morley game). Other calculations are available!

They are nailed on for 5 point victories against Percy Park and Bradford and Bingley at Home, no doubt Malton will be just as easy away from home. That would leave them with 99 points.

So the big game at Morley next Saturday is crucial to Scarborough's promotion ambitions! A minimum of 1 losing bonus point is required for the destination of the play off semi final to remain in their hands.

I suspect that BRB and the Scarbar blazers will be offering extra win bonuses next week at Morley, to ensure, the secure another lucrative day at Emma Royds, for the end of season finale!

I wouldn't normally draw attention to my previous posts and say told you so!

But as recently crowned Pundit league champion (although it was joint with showpony (who i hasten to add always posted his predictions after mine, other than one occasion when the Muppet failed to post at all!)

I think this a great opportunity for Scarborough to go across to Blackburn and batter them, reinforcing that our league is stronger and superior to theirs.

So BRB dip into the coffers, put on free transport for the 1000+ home support that you enjoy, Free white lightening for the 'balcony boo boys' and descend en-mass and give it your best shot!!

After all its only a piece of grass, similar to Silver Royd!!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #25 on: April 14, 2019, 04:34:15 PM
Thanks....

However, nothing is similar to my beloved Silver Royd!

Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
Reply #26 on: April 14, 2019, 07:08:11 PM
Not sure that’s true. Depends on what team Morpeth field the week after they are crowned champions. Hopefully for Scarborough’s sake they don’t take their foot of the gas!
Morpeth had a few injuries and gave their whole squad a run as it happens. Still had enough to squeak home though (although you wouldn't think so from other reports).

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #27 on: April 22, 2019, 05:46:00 PM
So what’s the latest BRB?
Are Scarbs at full strength and everyone available?
Are you taking a large contingent of support with you?
Squad traveling on Friday and staying locally to arrive in good shape?

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #28 on: April 22, 2019, 06:13:02 PM
So to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge:

1) with the exception of players who have been out all season. ..I believe we are at full strength. If we lose it will be because Blackburn are the better side, not because we are under strength (or we play below what we can).

2) it's hard to tell how many supporters will travel independently... however Blackburn asked for an estimate and we thought around 200 but who knows.

3) yes the squad, coaches and physios are traveling Friday night in a nice coach and even have their own room each so can't blame snoring ..

Whoever loses will be playing you next year me thinks.

I want us to win but the losing bonus prize is another season with friends and local derbies.... So good either way.

Chief Selector

• Forum old hand
Reply #29 on: April 23, 2019, 09:32:22 AM
I've heard (genuinely) that Carnegie are looking to relocate to York. Presumably, although this is a guess, to the new City Stadium.

BRB

I have also heard Carnegie are considering there options when there present staging agreement at Headingley ends. When you have to rent a ground for every home game that’s a substantial part of their budget. So it makes sense to look at other options if for no other reason than to negotiate the best deal even if they want to stay at Headingley.

Not heard they definitely have another location in mind.
Surely it will be West Park Leeds at least its in the same City