$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Blackburn V Scarborough Play off

Blackburn V Scarborough Play off

This is a discussion for the topic Blackburn V Scarborough Play off on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Blackburn V Scarborough Play off  (Read 45959 times)

Driffield Bulldog

• Finding my feet
Reply #60 on: April 28, 2019, 04:58:07 PM
We can create a little group on here for Bulldog,  Lack of knowledge and Builders bum..... The three people who always seems to misread the mood. Clearly none of them true rugby folk...

Please do! We won’t have to listen to you spout rubbish all the time, maybe if you had spent a week in Blackburn and got used to the “climate” you might have won instead your blaming the weather for your poor show tbf I thought you had it won because you took 2 coach loads of supporters over which you needed to tell us all

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #61 on: April 28, 2019, 06:06:25 PM
Not quite sure how me spending a week in Blackburn would have changed the teams fortunes? Keep trying though.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

avinastella

Reply #62 on: April 28, 2019, 08:32:58 PM
With regards to the play offs, but specifically to t'other side of the hill.
I see Aspatria gave a walkover to Bowdon to ensure the didn't get promoted to L6 (as it might have involved more travel?).
Makes a complete mockery of all that regional review pantomime.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

ye olde 9

Reply #63 on: April 28, 2019, 10:56:03 PM
What do they say no decision is worse than a bad decision. Teams throwing games, break away leagues in the NW. The RFU couldn't run a bath.

Oldandslow

Reply #64 on: April 29, 2019, 07:43:52 AM
Agree with Stella and Olde 9.

You could also add in Durham sides who are allowed to exclude themselves from level transfer insisting that Middlesbrough, Guisborough and Acklam are Yorkshire sides.

But when level transfer to D&N1 required they want Middlesbrough back to minimise their travelling. I accept Middlesbrough may be happy to go back but until the RFU apply the league regulations in a completely transparent way it will continue to be a shambles.

Billy36

• Finding my feet
  • Breathing Cotswold fire over Yorkshire's fields
Reply #65 on: April 29, 2019, 08:50:43 AM
Didn’t Durham City give Scarborough the walkover this time last year?

I feel for Jim Chapman, it would seem almost every club in Yorkshire is invested in following the current rules, laws and regs but he’s got to travel around the rest of the north trying to plicate teams, or even regions, with toys out of the pram.

It’s akin to when coaches find only 9 players turning up to training so to make a point on commitment he/she flogs them - when it’s the absent players who get their lazy ways and no punishment.

Yorkshire teams are the 9 tired, bruised, annoyed and probably wet/cold but undoubtedly committed players in this pantomime.

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #66 on: April 29, 2019, 08:54:51 AM
The wound is self inflicted. If rules are there, they need enforcing. As soon as you allow appeals / exceptions there's no going back from the can of worms you have opened.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Fenton

• Forum old hand
  • Surrounded by Idiots
Reply #67 on: April 29, 2019, 05:44:18 PM
BRB no idea which game you were watching but even on a windy day at Ramsgreave you must have had your Rose tinted glasses on, I’ve just watched the game in full, your pack got pushed all over the Park, and your much Valued front row required their Flying licenses , you had small patches in the game but never looked like winning. I can post a link to just the scrums if you would like to deny the fact

Driffield Bulldog

• Finding my feet
Reply #68 on: April 29, 2019, 06:10:38 PM
BRB no idea which game you were watching but even on a windy day at Ramsgreave you must have had your Rose tinted glasses on, I’ve just watched the game in full, your pack got pushed all over the Park, and your much Valued front row required their Flying licenses , you had small patches in the game but never looked like winning. I can post a link to just the scrums if you would like to deny the fact

Please do, sounds like the Scarborough imported front row will be getting binned and another 3 flying in for a big money signing

old7

• One of the boys
Reply #69 on: April 29, 2019, 06:11:08 PM
Lifting  the frontrow player in the air at a scrum is dangerous and the laws state it should be penalised.
Blackburn did this on a number of occasions

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #70 on: April 29, 2019, 07:00:09 PM
Yes lost ...hands too cold to type much now. Blackburn deservedly won and we had our chances.

Cold, wet and windy!

I may be wrong but I believe my only comment on the game was it was cold and Blackburn deservedly won..??

Not sure what Fenton is whittering on about ???
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Fenton

• Forum old hand
  • Surrounded by Idiots
Reply #71 on: April 29, 2019, 08:03:59 PM
BRB, stop being so pathetic, I believe you mentioned a few things and the weather etc, so put it away.

Old7, I never said the front row was lifted, read again, I will post the scrums to show a bit later, however Martty Jones has a tendency , illegally, to stand up and try to pop his oppo, this was apparent on the games I watched him, this was nullified and as he tried to stand up he was pushed off and HE went up as he popped in the scrum , watch the clips later and then go and find some more money for a front row with a better technique.

Fenton

• Forum old hand
  • Surrounded by Idiots
Reply #72 on: April 29, 2019, 08:18:34 PM
Just trying to work out to do it, will be back after consulting my 16 year old technician

Fenton

• Forum old hand
  • Surrounded by Idiots
Reply #73 on: April 29, 2019, 08:38:34 PM
https://youtu.be/LQEDbiOVSUA?list=PLT9DrZ

Try that let me have your comments, i have all the Scabs Scrums if BRB wants to cry over them as well. Time to get the Cheque book out!!!!

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #74 on: April 29, 2019, 09:19:40 PM
Commiserations to Scarborough but I suspect it may have been a season too early for them to go up. I’m delighted that they’re still in our league for all the right reasons !
Driffield Bull#hit , don’t know which club you’re from but when you’re fishing for bites try doing it with tongue in cheek and you might, just might, become slightly popular.
Poirot, i suspect Driffield Bulldog may be from Driffield, just a wild guess?

As for your also sycophantic reply, Scarborough have had their shot at glory, but fell at the last hurdle! i suspect that all their East Coast rivals will want to reverse this year's form table and stick it right up them next season, i know York will!!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”