$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 16-3 19

Results 16-3 19

This is a discussion for the topic Results 16-3 19 on the board Yorkshire 4.

Author Topic: Results 16-3 19  (Read 6800 times)

Too old too slow

• One of the boys
on: March 16, 2019, 09:22:26 PM
Wibsey beat York by 10 points to 3 on the second pitch , the conditions were as bad as they could have been with rain hammering sideways making it a arm wrestle, the Wibsey team having to dig deep in the second half up the hill....all credit to the York lads stayed back for plenty of ale and the England game after the match ...other teams could take a leaf out of their book

Surprisingly knaresbrough found a team to stuff Mosbrough 21-0
The big pitch must have been too much for Hessle losing 14-7 again LMD
Ossett sealed promotion beating bramley 29-6

caravan boys

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 08:27:59 AM
Ossett won in conditions that suited the big Ossett pack.and Bramley mistakes helped them along .
A few muddy car interiors need attention warm showers unfortunately someone forgot to turn oven on, So no food on .but congratulations to Ossett for breaking into div 3 for the first time in there history. Iam sure both promoted sides will do well in 3

silverback

• Forum old hand
  • Riverside
Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 09:50:37 AM
As we all know the weather was SH'''''''''' And we travelled to Play the medics and dentists , it was different playing on a beach as I think they had just put 1000 ton of sand on it. A  strong wind helped them in the 1st half and they only got a try to show from domination in field position , turned around and it was our turn to batter the opposition , which we did being rewarded with a Penalty Try , should have had another 2 tries at least but the ref thought otherwise , the conditions didn't help either team , but disappointed we didn't get more from the game , Student Rugby in league Format doesn't work for me , although seemed a nice bunch of lads its not a Rugby Club , its shared with hockey, football, and its difficult to build any sort of relationship with anybody ,
 Looking forward to the visit of Knaresboro for our Last home game of the season , then 2 away trips to finish off

Congrats to Ossett and Wibsey on Promotion    Great times at both clubs , Enjoy lads as nowt lasts forever so drink IT IN  when you can

Ossett 9 no more

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 09:54:50 AM
Morning to all the Caravan boys, there was food, but it was too late, the issue this week was not the oven but the idiot who forgot to put it on. So, apologies from all at Ossett
We have been in Yorkshire 3 before , however if you blinked you will have missed it
Good game in atrocious conditions, don’t think the 29-6 reflected the game, you were far better than that, I personally thought you had some outstanding players, your 10 had a great game

Danny Wan1

• One of the boys
Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 10:33:00 AM
Horrible conditions yesterday at Beldon. Great effort from both teams though.
Have to say the York boys had a great night and nearly nicked Bruce????????
Title not secure yet, 2 games to go and really enjoying the season.

intense1

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 06:58:48 PM
Silverback, i don't think a division that is struggling for teams should be suggesting that 'student rugby isn't for them'....I've seen many times players in Y4 bemoan the lack of the teams and this new format that is essentially designed to bolster your number of games in a season.

It won't surprise you to guess I'm ex LMD player and joined when we were Yorkshire 5. Played against you guys a couple of times in when i skippered in Y3. I think lots of clubs have their own ground, LMD aren't that lucky, that said are lucky in terms of facilities such as a 4G to train and usually top quality wide pitch that most clubs in Yorkshire would desire (sandy or not in this case).

I think student teams that take Yorkshire rugby seriously should be welcomed, by this I mean fulfil their fixtures and make a effort to integrate. I loved mixing it with the older blokes who were trying to belt you, and it added a new physical part to your game. Lots of club at this level and higher benefit as its your first route into mens rugby before you graduate. Its not so long ago people were saying teams like Wortley and Nestle should join and the league can have the merit rules applied...why is the attitude to students different? I've been to many clubs where we've battered them and nobody has spoken to us (not Hessle) post match, similarly I can remember getting a thumping from Knottingley in Y2 and their post match entertainment was the best I can remember in 10 years.

Your statement clearly touched a nerve but I think student sides in yorkshire get an unfair crack, often when they are self funded and self run, taking much more effort and time that players and alacadoes of 'proper Yorkshire' clubs take for granted.

Old_hook

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 08:28:13 PM
Every club has their strengths and weaknesses. No problem at all with students playing in the leagues. Just like I have no problem going to places with a friendly and warm environment and others where you are called every name under the sun.
We don’t have our own ground, but are working feverishly hard behind the scenes to put something together whereby teams can come to us, not have to drive to the pitch and then enjoy some post match fun. Currently, we take a beating for our facilities as has been proven by comments in recent weeks. Some clubs have to start from scratch and work hard to get their rewards. Hopefully, in a years time, we will have something that has pitch and changing rooms all in one place.

My complaint would be the lack of fulfilling fixtures in the league. We had our game against medics cancelled the Wednesday before the game...were told to make the next fixture a double header. York were given 5 points for knaresborough cancelling. Where is the consistency and if this were in higher leagues, would never happen in this inconsistent manner. There would be, in fact, consequences for cancelling. This is, however, down to the league higherarchy not being consistent, but  it is the clubs that need to fulfill fixtures.
I’ve enjoyed playing every club over the last few seasons as it’s the variation of welcomes that makes it interesting.
Personally, the best post match hospitality I’ve found in recent years has been Hornsea who are no longer in the leagues.

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 08:45:57 PM

My complaint would be the lack of fulfilling fixtures in the league. We had our game against medics cancelled the Wednesday before the game...were told to make the next fixture a double header. York were given 5 points for knaresborough cancelling. Where is the consistency and if this were in higher leagues, would never happen in this inconsistent manner. There would be, in fact, consequences for cancelling. This is, however, down to the league higherarchy not being consistent, but  it is the clubs that need to fulfill fixtures.
You're wrong. When LMDs were in a higher league, they were allowed to give a preference to BUCS (?) match over a league fixture. I think Intense1 may even have still been with them at the time.
The sneaky trick was the one Sheffield Medicals pulled. Gave Knottingley very late notice of the pitches at Sheffield being waterlogged - whilst they were already enroute to a BUCS match over in Liverpool/Manchester.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Old_hook

• One of the boys
Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 08:51:33 PM
And there in lies the problem. That bit is just not on.

Old_hook

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 09:00:34 PM
I could be wrong but we’re leeds meds’ not deducted points last year for this reason? I don’t want to scroll through old posts so feel free just to tell me otherwise.

avinastella

Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 09:50:17 PM
I could be wrong but we’re leeds meds’ not deducted points last year for this reason? I don’t want to scroll through old posts so feel free just to tell me otherwise.
Different reason.
Otliensians got accused of dobbing them in on here but lots of denials. Not sure the real story ever came out.

ye olde 9

Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 11:49:41 PM
A few years back when I was at Halifax we played them in a top of the table clash with what I recall was an early kick off, as they had a BUCs cup final in Manchester in the evening I seem to remember they split the squad with some lads playing both. So fair play. If the Uni grape vine is correct you guys will have Leeds Beckett team in Y4 from next year, even without the superleague players would suggest a rapid rise through the leagues, Beckett 2s would do nicely in NE 1.

silverback

• Forum old hand
  • Riverside
Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 08:53:12 AM
The problem is as when the Leeds medics came to Hessle they were refused a early kick off , hence arrived played the game and then everybody with the exception of the 2 players who came for a glass of water , left to travel back to Leeds to watch the welsh beat England ,

that being said nobody informed Hessle that they were going to do this , so the food we cooked them , was not used , and if as said before they like talking to the old blokes , did they not come in and have a drink , even if it was water ,
 also I would like to stress that we do have TV in East Yorkshire , and we all watched the game that The Medics RUSHED OFF for ,
as a old bloke , I think the spirit of rugby was that you played your opposition and then had a friendly pint afterwards , now I understand that the youth of today ,don't seem to grasp this concept, which is sad in a way   and its not until they leave UNI with whatever knowledge , they have amassed , go to a real rugby club full of old blokes with common sense and decency  and see how it is to behave like a rugby club   as I said before if they want to play in League format behave like a league club not a student union

avinastella

Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 09:39:49 AM
Absolute bad form for a team to just go straight off and not accept the hospitality of the hosts. Time, effort and money has gone into making the visitors feel welcome. Teams who do that would likely be the first to complain if you didn't bother with the catering. Not accepting the hospitality offered causes a rift between clubs and can take some years to heal.
Whilst there is much to be admired about LMDs there is no place in the game for the above behaviour and i doubt it will do them any favours.

ye olde 9

Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 09:49:18 AM
If the young lads havent played club rugby, they may just not be used to it. On wednesdays we can travel 4 hrs each way, there is never any food or bar or tea etc after the game. Students arrive play and leave, so it may not be as intentional as assuumed.
We planned to play our game vs becket at York.RFC and I sent an email to my guys and the oposition skipper, stating that York.had done us a favour on a Friday night so please ensure everyone staya for a drink.or 2.