$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 24 Banter

Author Topic: Week 24 Banter  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Locked Out

• Forum old hand
  • One of the boys
    • View Profile
Week 24 Banter
« on: March 25, 2019, 08:29:49 AM »
Goonies v England: Champions elect to bounce back from horror in the poo pit and England to show how bad they really are.

Sheep Sha**ers v Brawno: Completely unaffected by lambing season and with better discipline, Ribb will shine through for a narrow home win.

Farmers v County set: Another massive game for both, with North frantically trying to stay
in the promotion battle and Rip frantically fighting for survival. Ripon must at some point show how badly they want a win. Should be a good crowd, so hope it turns out to be a sporting spectacle.

Snoozers v Skiers: Hegians continuing to find erratic form and despite home advantage, Leos will continue to defy gravity in their uphill skiing to Y1.

Piemen v Slimmers World: A bruising encounter with not much flair on show. Weth defence will be good, but not quite good enough.

Wheatos v OOOO's: Hills continue to find better form and unfortunate for Ensians, they probably have too little too late.

Yawno v Poo boys: A reality check for Grovians will bring them back to earth with a bump on the Yarnbury magic carpet.

Offline 6Gears

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Week 24 Banter
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 10:26:45 AM »
Long Time Reader, First Time Poster;

Goonies v England: Champions to get back to winning ways at home, never anything spectacular in there play but very consistent with little to no mistakes.

Sheep Sha**ers v Brawno: Given the big win last weekend against Ripon, i can see barnsley taking their eye of the ball and slipping further into the relegation battle, Ribb to win comfortably in the end.

Farmers v County set: Must win game for Ripon, seen them play twice this year and in general not a bad team but feel as though they lack a game plan and rely alot on their captain in the second row to carry the team. im going to go for a draw with this one as Norths heads may be turned by wanting to keep fit for the big cup games.

Snoozers v Skiers: The free taxis and free club merchandise is working wonders for Leos this season. Leos are by far the best team ive seen this season particularly post the Christmas break, they seem relentless in their play and a have game plan which the team appears to be fully bought into. Leos to win with a comfortable bonus point.

Piemen v Slimmers World: This will come down to whos set piece in both the scrum and line out is working best. over the last few seasons, home advantage has always counted in this fixture and therefore im going for a Wath win.

Wheatos v OOOO's: Hills to win, unfortunately i think the step up to Y2 has not been as fruitful as the OOOO's would have hoped.

Yawno v Poo boys: Grovians seem to be picking up few wins recently and therefore i think this will be a close game with a few points in it however i fancy Grovians to just get over the line in this one.

Offline CavaRugby

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 08:21:06 AM »
Goole v WPL; Can't honestly expect WPL to get much from trip to Goole, particularly since, according to their graceless & sour  match report which gives no credit to the opposition beyond saying they had a good scrum, Gooles loss to Grovians on Saturday was entirely down to the ref.

North Rib v Barnsley; If Barnsleys win on Saturday is indicative of putting their team back together, then desperation might see them take this, but probably going like lambs to the slaughter.

Northallerton v Ripon; North will have way too much for an unhappy Ripon here.

Hegians v Leos; Local derby & a desire to rain on Leo's parade will see this tighter than most think.

Wath v Weth; Neither side with much to play for. 3-all draw.

Wheatley v OOs; Wheatley to continue recent form & win at a canter against OOs team already looking at next season.

Yarnbury v Grovs; Surface will suit the 2nd most improved side in the league and Grovs to give coaching staff & their not-so-merry men another sleepless week.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 05:04:18 PM »
Ouse Dockers v England.... easy win for the stevedores with their offloading skills.

Lamb chops v Barnsley chops... big fat greasy mess of a match ...who cares its all about the post match Baa

Rural Payment robbing b'stards v Vale of Mowbray gentlemen players.....I'm hoping to see this match and want a Ripon w to avoid payment of a bet for pork pie en croute with Lord Hambleton.

Snooze v berg Skifahrer....get on the piste the match is irrelevant now.

fatgutbellybuster v evenfatterbellyfatR's ... wibbly wobbly win wether by wetherby or Wath.

There is no hill in Wheatley v Oo....to big an hill for Oos ...Hills

Yawn v Bonzo dog do dah band...Yawn

Offline warbs

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 03:14:44 PM »
Jamie Peacock is listed as inside centre on Old Grovians team sheet ...... is it the rugby league legend? Yarnbury's centres might find out the hard way!

Offline avinastella

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 04:27:57 PM »
Jamie Peacock is listed as inside centre on Old Grovians team sheet ...... is it the rugby league legend? Yarnbury's centres might find out the hard way!
It is.
According to the news reporter anyway.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 04:55:13 PM by avinastella »
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 05:55:00 PM »
If this is accurateI amend my previous

Yawn v Bonzo dog do band ...Poocock to do a job on Yawn !