$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Is it bye bye Brid?

Is it bye bye Brid?

This is a discussion for the topic Is it bye bye Brid? on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Is it bye bye Brid?  (Read 9153 times)

Dark Arts Advocate

• A little respect please...
on: April 03, 2019, 06:33:11 PM
Up until last weekend I was indifferent as to who I would prefer to see join Consett in relegation.
But after watching Brid start and pile into a mass brawl towards the end of the game. They get my vote.

There is no place in the game for this type of behavior, York have lost players to some very serious legitimate rugby injuries this season, I am sure if any serious injury had been caused by the criminal act I witnessed, I would have been very happy to assist the Police investigation that may have ensued!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 10:55:24 PM
I actually thought Brid were getting a bit better in recent years.

Regarding relegation, whilst they could still survive, I don't think they will.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

stubbs

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 11:06:13 AM
realistically Brid need 10 points from 2 home games against Brad and Bing, and Pocklington, and west Leeds have to beat Driffield away, both unlikely, certainly if Pock were to lose to York and Brid get 5 points against B+B it would make the Brid v Pock last game of the season very tasty. W Leeds v Consett last game would be winnable for WL. All conjecture though.  DAA as regards the brawl it was all handbags and 3 cheap shots whilst somebody couldn't defend himself, by a player who couldn't burst a balloon and certainly doesn't like getting relegated. We have all been there and you just bide your time, you know as well as I they always come again

Rugbyrugbyrugby

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 12:07:50 PM
DAA, you aren't a journalist for The Daily Mail by any chance?

Of what I saw, a York player and a Brid player had a scuffle on the floor, Brid players (cause they were closer) then "piled" in, 2 seconds later York players joined  in (as they were further away). Handbags were thrown and the "mass brawl" was over within a few seconds. Captains pulled to one side, no cards shown and play was restarted with a scrum. No further incident in the game.

Although, after the game, it was alleged that the York assistant coach, a Championship player, wanted to take things further with one of the Brid players. I am not entirely sure on the full story of that and whether it is just a few exchanged words but if I was a Daily Mail Journalist I am sure I could think of something to exaggerate it.

So yeah...mass brawl.

The Show Pony

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 12:29:36 PM

Of what I saw, a York player and a Brid player had a scuffle on the floor, Brid players (cause they were closer) then "piled" in, 2 seconds later York players joined  in (as they were further away). Handbags were thrown and the "mass brawl" was over within a few seconds. Captains pulled to one side, no cards shown and play was restarted with a scrum. No further incident in the game.

Although, after the game, it was alleged that the York assistant coach, a Championship player, wanted to take things further with one of the Brid players. I am not entirely sure on the full story of that and whether it is just a few exchanged words but if I was a Daily Mail Journalist I am sure I could think of something to exaggerate it.

So yeah...mass brawl.

Obviously missed Regan get his handbag out and punch our centre 3 times from behind. Didn't move him like, more power in a pedal go kart

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 12:36:07 PM
Ah.... hes a rugby league numpty - not a lot going on in between the ears.

Although I'll stick to my opinion that, generally, Brid have been better this last couple of years.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Rugbyrugbyrugby

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 12:50:53 PM

So yeah...mass brawl.

Obviously missed Regan get his handbag out and punch our centre 3 times from behind. Didn't move him like, more power in a pedal go kart

I said "Handbags were thrown"...does your comparison depend on who's in the pedal go kart?  Mind you, there was a few pedal Formula 1 cars in action on Saturday.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 01:10:35 PM

So yeah...mass brawl.

I said "Handbags were thrown"...does your comparison depend on who's in the pedal go kart?  Mind you, there was a few pedal Formula 1 cars in action on Saturday.
What was the point of running 20 yards to throw handbags? He ran 20 yards and aimed three punches to the side of the head of the York player who I understand was dragging his York colleague out of the situation. He may punch like rugby league fairy he obviously is! But there is no doubt in my mind from my unobstructed view, that harm was intended by his actions. he was breaking anything up, just 3 blind sided cheap cowardly punches!

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 01:25:04 PM
Gentle reminder that the forum does not tolerate personal abuse, and individual comment does not escape the law of the land.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Rugbyrugbyrugby

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 01:28:44 PM

So yeah...mass brawl.

What was the point of running 20 yards to throw handbags? He ran 20 yards and aimed three punches to the side of the head of the York player who I understand was dragging his York colleague out of the situation. He may punch like rugby league fairy he obviously is! But there is no doubt in my mind from my unobstructed view, that harm was intended by his actions. he was breaking anything up, just 3 blind sided cheap cowardly punches!

So you’ve got beef for one particular player and for that reason you have set up a topic about Bridlington rugby club to show your dislike for them but try to badly hide it as relegation chat.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 01:44:27 PM
Despite what occurred on the pitch, I would like thank the President of Bridlington rugby club for his kind gesture in making a substantial donation to the fund raising account being set up at York, for Darren Rutherford.

Darren was seriously injured in a game recently where he fractured his pelvis and dislocated his hip.
As mentioned before he has been a loyal member of York RUFC since his junior rugby days and making his first team debut at 17 years old.
The injury he has received is rugby career ending, I am told he will be unable to return to work for at least 6 months.

So thank you Mr President, it is that kind of positive gesture and leadership that we all like to see, more in keeping with the values and traditions of our great game.

The Show Pony

• Forum old hand
Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 02:18:22 PM

So yeah...mass brawl.

Sorry, a pedal Go Kart with nobody operating it

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 05:32:31 PM

So yeah...mass brawl.

So you’ve got beef for one particular player and for that reason you have set up a topic about Bridlington rugby club to show your dislike for them but try to badly hide it as relegation chat.
Far from it, as mentioned I was indifferent to who got relegated with perhaps the exception of Pocklington, it is not my only experience of watching Bridlington players kicking off! Just think it is time that it is eradicated from the game. the game is tough enough, York's injury list this season bares witness to that!

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #13 on: April 05, 2019, 05:10:52 PM
Dark R's

I am in agreement with you on this one. In a local newspaper this weekend there is court report on a Castleford player/coach? who was convicted at Leeds crown court last week of assaulting a Moortown second team player during a game in March 2016. I'm not going to report the case details but he got a 21 month suspended prison sentence and £6,822 compensation to the injured player according to press. This could happen to anyone who starts punching people particularly "blindsiding ' them. It could even have more serious consequences.

It seems to be me that the game generally is more disciplined on field.....however supporters seem to be getting more unruly and unpleasant commentary from the sidelines is now common place....the game, as you say, is tough enough without this behaviour. Everyone critiques the disciplinary panel but its a fairly thankless task. Answers .... I have none.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #14 on: April 11, 2019, 05:52:40 PM
My understanding is there will be no quarter given at Brid on Saturday.
Pocklington intend to hammer the last nail into the Brid coffin!!
I suspect the game will be as physical as the opening game of the season with both sides throwing their kitchen sinks at one another!!