$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Is it bye bye Brid?

Is it bye bye Brid?

This is a discussion for the topic Is it bye bye Brid? on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Is it bye bye Brid?  (Read 9154 times)

Bombardier29

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Drop the red donkey
Reply #15 on: April 13, 2019, 06:58:04 PM
Bye bye Brid... :) :) :)
When the second seal was opened another horse came out, a fairy red one. Its rider was given power to take the p*ss from the earth and to make men lay with each other. To him was given a large ego.

Dark Arts Advocate

• A little respect please...
Reply #16 on: April 13, 2019, 08:01:33 PM
A spirited end to the season.

Not sure how many teams have been relegated from this league with 54 points?
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

BobbleHat

• Finding my feet
Reply #17 on: April 13, 2019, 08:23:40 PM
First post so apologies if not right. Feel for Brid, good win today but other results out of their hands.  Good luck to Scarborough in the play offs I am not blackburn will know what will hit them

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #18 on: April 13, 2019, 08:34:15 PM
Welcome to the forum ????

Blackburn seem like they will be a tough nut to crack...
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

BobbleHat

• Finding my feet
Reply #19 on: April 13, 2019, 08:46:52 PM
Not sure how much they have been challenged, i think scarborough will be a tougher test than most games. And their bar take should be good too!!

avinastella

Reply #20 on: April 14, 2019, 10:13:45 AM
A spirited end to the season.

Not sure how many teams have been relegated from this league with 54 points?
Manchester have just been relegated from N1W with 62
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #21 on: April 14, 2019, 01:28:10 PM
And?

He said relegated from this league.

Slap head stat man anything else and you're out your depth you dosser.

PercyR

• One of the boys
Reply #22 on: April 14, 2019, 07:33:07 PM
I think it is a totally pertinent post. We have debated numerous times past on this forum the comparative strengths and competitiveness of divisions - N1E v N1W, Y1 v DN1, Y1 v Y2 etc.

This season's N1E has be on a knife edge throughout the campaign with a handful of clubs who headed the table before Christmas battling relegation after it, including York and Bridlington who were the top two for a few weeks. But if we thought N1E was a close league, then N1W was crazy.

Its also worth noting that one of the sides that only just avoided relegation from N1W this term, Penrith, spent the previous two seasons in N1E and finished in the top four both times.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 07:38:01 PM by PercyR »

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #23 on: April 14, 2019, 08:21:15 PM
An interesting debate. Will the play-off give an indication of the strength of N1E v N1W or just a comparison between Blackburn and Scarborough.

It's notable how often posters on here this year have said that Scarborough are not a good side and are "lucky" or shouldn't have won. I take most of it with a pinch of salt. However it probably does show that we aren't team of superstars, on Saturday we once again had 12 former colts playing. We regularly this season have had a number of local teenagers playing in the side. So yes, we are not a highly paid team of mercenaries and neither are we are finely tuned set of academy players. But our boys love their club, play with true heart and are well coached. We may well fall short against Blackburn. They could be a similar set up to us....just better! Or they could have spent a fortune on ex- national League players.

All I can say is that everybody I have spoken to at the club really want a shot at promotion but likewise would all be perfectly satisfied with another season of local derbies in N1E. We have no ideas of grandeur, just want to try and win every game and improve if we don't. I have said a few times I see our range as level 5 to 7. Most of our time has been at level 7, so we are doing well at 6....5 would be amazing. We are under no illusions.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 08:25:30 PM by backrowbandit »
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #24 on: April 14, 2019, 08:28:36 PM
Should be a great game ! All the best to you at Holiday Inn in a fortnight. Hope to see you next season.