$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Blackburn HWO

Author Topic: Blackburn HWO  (Read 2305 times)

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
Re: Blackburn HWO
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 12:29:19 PM »
Good idea.... we'll offer to play away.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

Offline davie

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 12:50:58 PM »
Tremendous gesture worthy of a proper community club. Good luck to Scarbs.

Offline Dark Arts Advocate

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 03:17:59 PM »
Good idea.... we'll offer to play away.
Been playing with the Airfix glue again BRB?
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 03:32:13 PM »
scarborough as a sporting gesture could concede home advantage to Blackburn as they received no advantage from something completely beyond their control (the rule probably needs adjusting) I do hope that whoever Blackburns opponents were don't manage to avoid relegation on points difference. I seem to recall Durham conceding to Scarborough last season when they couldn't raise a suitable side in the play off.
Perfectly valid point you make Stubbs.

With one game to go Scarborough's points advantage is 202. Whilst Blackburn's is 199. So had the points difference been added from the HWO to Blackburn, it would be highly likely they would have had the home advantage in the play off! Should they finish on identical points, games won etc!

Two years running Scarbs may find themselves being promoted when they should have faced away games to qualify, it makes a bit of a mockery of the system!

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2019, 04:18:46 PM »
Yes a mockery .....and every night and day we spend ruinous hours agonising over the injustice of it all.

I think the only thing we can do is try our best at repentance by winning promotion again. If our endeavours prove to be successful it will two promotions and a cup victory in 12 months.... The sign of a truly lucky club.

If we manage to lift our game next season and aim to match Yorks performance since September we will know we have success in our sights. Target is to lose to you twice  then we'll know the taste of success.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level. Lucky to be involved in England's number one ranked level 7 league...Yorkshire One.

Offline davie

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 11:36:03 AM »
Yes a mockery .....and every night and day we spend ruinous hours agonising over the injustice of it all.

I think the only thing we can do is try our best at repentance by winning promotion again. If our endeavours prove to be successful it will two promotions and a cup victory in 12 months.... The sign of a truly lucky club.

If we manage to lift our game next season and aim to match Yorks performance since September we will know we have success in our sights. Target is to lose to you twice  then we'll know the taste of success.

Does this mean you are reneging on your earlier promise? I hear Blackburn have gone and ordered the beer and pies on the back of your offer.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 12:04:16 PM »
No we offered but they said they were fully aware of the league rules and would prefer the final league match of the season determine who plays home and away.

I did try and insist but they wouldn't be having it. What can a chap do?

I mentioned how some kind souls over here had suggested we play away and Blackburn couldn't understand why Yorkshire clubs would support their own?

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 05:48:24 PM »
Perhaps they will after they have played you at Emma Royds!!!