$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Big match day Preview/Scores/Review

Author Topic: Big match day Preview/Scores/Review  (Read 3763 times)

Offline NorthEastOne_Fan

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Big match day Preview/Scores/Review
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2019, 05:09:09 PM »
27-5 Morpeth deserving champions ????

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2019, 05:15:52 PM »
Congratulations to Morpeth.

So who will join them??
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 05:21:02 PM »
Well done to Scarborough RUFC on getting a play off place. Interesting to see who will get home advantage. So far win, loss and draw the same, Scarborough have a slender points diff.  advantage. All to play for next week.

Pity we left so many points on the field!

Offline Dark Arts Advocate

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2019, 05:53:54 PM »
Congrats to Pock. Much deserved win today. You could tell who wanted most. The score flattered York who were woeful in mid field defense again and again and again!
Had the Pock kicker not put his boots on the wrong feet they would have won by at least 10 more!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2019, 06:38:27 PM »
Big win for Scarborough, and to be completely honest should have been 30 + more than it was. We raced to a bonus point lead within 16 mins....and as has been the case so often this season we switched off. Malton had 3 or 4 very good players but we're generally quite average in most positions.

The home club will be pleased with their takings with one local saying it was the biggest visiting support they've seen for many a year. In fact we even filled a train.

Well reffed by young Robson.

I'm pleased Malton will be staying up, another local derby for us next season if we fall short in the play off.

I didn't make pre-match hospitality as I travelled with wife and one of my children.... however I'm told it was excellent and the hosts were great company.

Offline Oldandslow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2019, 06:38:42 PM »
Visitor at Brid game today, Brid wanted the win move than B&B.

I'm sure if they had played like they did today all season they would not be in the position they are.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2019, 06:46:42 PM »
Unlikely to survive now...

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2019, 09:33:28 PM »
Big win for Scarborough, and to be completely honest should have been 30 + more than it was. We raced to a bonus point lead within 16 mins....and as has been the case so often this season we switched off. Malton had 3 or 4 very good players but we're generally quite average in most positions.

The home club will be pleased with their takings with one local saying it was the biggest visiting support they've seen for many a year. In fact we even filled a train.

Well reffed by young Robson.

I'm pleased Malton will be staying up, another local derby for us next season if we fall short in the play off.

I didn't make pre-match hospitality as I travelled with wife and one of my children.... however I'm told it was excellent and the hosts were great company.
Well done Scarbars! Without doubt the second best team in the league this season! Suspect the Cheque book with more zeros will be required next season!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 05:42:55 PM by Dark Arts Advocate »

Offline Oldandslow

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2019, 07:11:07 AM »

Not over till the final round, Brid have to be positive and get a five point victory against Pock, and hope M&N do them a favour. Brid could be relegated with ten wins, shows how strong the league will be next season.

If West Leeds and who ever else goes down keep the same squads I’d expect them to bounce straight back.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2019, 07:28:25 AM »
I find it unlikely that Malton will beat Cleck and even if they do I can't see them preventing Cleck from scoring 4 tries. Especially as Cleck managed 36 points away at a strong PP.

But you are correct, there is still a chance.

I'd say Brid potentially going down with 10 wins doesn't necessarily show the strength of the league, rather how equal it is.

My view is that Y1 is a very hard league to get out of and I certainly think in some respects there is little difference between Y1 and N1E. The big lumpy packs you get in Y1 make it hard to escape that league. N1E is faster and more skillful (as you'd expect) but that only suits some teams.

I'd be almost certain that whichever 2 sides go down into Y1 won't both bounce back up. Looking back over recent years, I can't see it happening many times. That's for a reason.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2019, 07:32:37 AM »
Slowcoach

Yorkshire 1 is a tough league.... not easy to just 'bounce' back.....Ill have a bet that at least one out of the two doesn't do so .

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2019, 12:37:29 PM »

Not over till the final round, Brid have to be positive and get a five point victory against Pock, and hope M&N do them a favour. Brid could be relegated with ten wins, shows how strong the league will be next season.

If West Leeds and who ever else goes down keep the same squads I’d expect them to bounce straight back.
I don’t think Brid will get any favours from M and N who I understand are sending their colts to Cleck!
But I am sure Brid will want to win their last game in this league. Now Pock are safe, Brid will want it more, a bit like Pock yesterday!
54 points and going down, would that be some sort of unwanted record?

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2019, 12:46:44 PM »

I don’t think Brid will get any favours from M and N who I understand are sending their colts to Cleck!
But I am sure Brid will want to win their last game in this league. Now Pock are safe, Brid will want it more, a bit like Pock yesterday!
If, and a big if, they did send their Colts, they could be in a bit of bother.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2019, 01:34:45 PM »

If, and a big if, they did send their Colts, they could be in a bit of bother.
it was tongue in cheek! I have no idea what side Malton will send to Cleck.

i am sure of one thing , they wont have doing Brid a favour at foremost of their thoughts!

Offline Oldandslow

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2019, 02:54:25 PM »
Slowcoach

Yorkshire 1 is a tough league.... not easy to just 'bounce' back.....Ill have a bet that at least one out of the two doesn't do so .

Alf

You may be right the main point was if they can keep most of there current squads, I can see a danger for West Leeds.

Players do move around the Leeds clubs regularly.