$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 26 Banter

Week 26 Banter

This is a discussion for the topic Week 26 Banter on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Week 26 Banter  (Read 3567 times)

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
on: April 08, 2019, 01:55:04 PM
Last Banter post for the time-being, so thanks to all who contributed and good fortune to everyone in their final games.

Goonies v Oozers: Champions to go out with a bang. Tough time for Ensians, maybe bounce back the season after next?

Skiers v Brawno: Not much left int ehytank for barn doors and Leos on too much of a roll to stop now.

Sheep Sha**ers v Poo boys: Grovians to bounce back with a vengeance.

Farmers v England: Can Ripon make it 3 on the bounce and can they rein in the whooping? Hopefully both.

Snoozers v County Set: North to keep on fighting to the end and a narrow away win.

Pie Men v Wheatos: Supersize pack on the micro pitch can only go one way - home cricket score.

Yawno v Slimmers World: Got to go with home advantage.

CavaRugby

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:20:27 PM
Goole v OOs; Cricket season to start early here as Goole notch up a half century at least. OOs may even struggle to get 18 there.

Leos v Barnsley; Leos still in with a mathematical chance of being Champs if Goole slip up so won't be letting up. Barnsley know they're safe thanks to Guisborough so Leo's to notch a 17th win on the bounce, deeply impressive.

North Rib v Grovs; Rib due a win, Grovs not that bothered. Rib by a few.

Ripon v WPL; Ripon have found some late cohesion & since Xmas, West Park have frankly looked Y3 mid-table. Ripon by plenty.

Hegians v Northallerton; Northallerton focus elsewhere now & think Hegians will be top 5 next season. Hegoans with a BP.

Wath v Wheatley; Massive physical battle between 2 sets with some huge units desperate to come out on top...at the buffet. Game beforehand might be close too.

Yarnbury v Wetherby; End of term frolic, no consequence, no pressure, no tackling. 45-43 to one of them.

6Gears

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 10:43:03 AM
Goole v OOs; can only see one winner here, goole to finish the season with a win and be crowned champions.

Leos v Barnsley; Leos still seeing the benefits of free club merchandie, apparel and taxis, i have a feeling they will even get a BP before half time. long trip and long day for Barnsley.

North Rib v Grovs; i fancy Grovs here, im unsure whats happend to Ribb as many tipped them to bounce straight back to Y1. Maybe this shows the strength of the top Y2 teams?

Ripon v WPL; Ripon to win by alot. if two teams where going down this year into Y3 then Ripon have shown they wanted to survive more than Barnsley.

Hegians v Northallerton; This will be fully down to what team North send. i fancy Hegians to win JUST however would not be surprised if North travel with a good team to keep the momentum up going into the last stages of the CUP.

Wath v Wheatley; Local derby with only one winner for me, WATH. in the early part of the season wath showed they could beat any one, however due to injuries, the promotion push never came. i fancy them for next season.

Yarnbury v Wetherby;  dont really care but im going to go for a Wetherby win as i like them a little more than Yarnbury.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 11:42:53 AM
Summer holidays are here so far the last time this season

Stevedores to unload on Ooze ....

Skilehrer v best club in Yorkshire by far .... hill to far for skiers... Barndoors on a roll.. or ten

Dibblesdale v Poocock ....draw

frost forecast so slip-on v England match postponed

snooze v more port please ...draw

chubby checker and the wibblywobbly dance troupe v there is no hill in bloody Wheatley... change the name to plain Wheatley ...home win by a bonus point pie

Yawn v wether by stealth or guile ..draw

have a good Summer

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 03:50:40 PM
Goole to score plenty against struggling Ensians.

Leeds University Students too strong for Barnsley chops.

Sheep Shearers v Grovians. The Dalesmen might just sneak home despite mega injury list.
Locked Out - Sheep Sha**ers? Can't see you scoring any pundits points this week
6Gears - We were going well up to the turn of the year despite losing our player coach
for the season due to injury. However injuries have taken their toll since.

Ripon  to win convincingly.

Hegians as Northallerton will be focused on the cup.

Wath to win the local derby.

Home advantage to count for Yarnbury.

6Gears

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 08:39:07 PM
Ribb Exile - you may have / had injuries but having seen most teams this season you was certainly not a title contender for in my opinion.

The two best teams ive seen this year are getting promoted.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 12:20:26 AM
I agree wasn't ever suggesting injuries had caused to miss out. We were never in contention for promotion from November onwards but have been hit hard by injuries. Goole and Leos deserve their success.

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 11:13:08 AM
REL - I think you are right about my predictions. I am however consistent, even if it is consistently poor.