$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Play off

Author Topic: Play off  (Read 3450 times)

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
Play off
« on: April 07, 2019, 07:39:00 AM »
This might have been covered elsewhere but I note that Heath will definitely have an away playoff for there chance at promotion.

Both 2nd and 3rd in D&N 1 have more than Heath can catch and it is likely to be an away trip to West Hartlepool.

D&N1 is generally equivalent to bottom half Y1 and top half Y2. So in theory Heath should be favourites.

However home advantage is massive in these matches so it could be close.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Re: Play off
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 09:31:40 AM »
Do we know when the game is likely to be played?

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 09:33:49 AM »
Scarborough's playoff is "likely" to be Saturday 27th... So I assume same for Heath.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 10:25:33 AM by backrowbandit »

Offline heathen

• Forum old hand
  • DIGNI ESTE FAVORE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 10:04:06 AM »
Our play off game has been confirmed as away on the 27th April.

Offline thecanman

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 02:01:02 PM »
BRB i wouldnt be so sure that the current top 2 in D&N 1 are any worse than the top half of Yorks 1. West Hartlepool in particular were a decent North East side until a couple of years ago and it is a very difficult place to get a win. They've only lost once at home all season... a partisan crowd always seems to help them and the referee..my money is firmly on West Hartlepool.

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 02:28:16 PM »
BRB i wouldnt be so sure that the current top 2 in D&N 1 are any worse than the top half of Yorks 1. West Hartlepool in particular were a decent North East side until a couple of years ago and it is a very difficult place to get a win. They've only lost once at home all season... a partisan crowd always seems to help them and the referee..my money is firmly on West Hartlepool.

I’d also place my chips on Hartlepool victory.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 02:36:32 PM »
MK

Heath a lovely club to visit, great dogs, nice crowd, good solid team. ... they'll turn over W Hartlepool... bet you .

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 03:33:39 PM »
Tough one....not sure I can call a winner.

Offline Dark Arts Advocate

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 05:26:31 PM »
I dont know what the stats are for away teams winning in the play offs? (AVS probably will!)

I  also dont know where the referee is appointed from? Local society or neutral?

But it is perplexing how a similar sized piece of grass is much more difficult to win on when its not yours!

Best wishes to Heath. 
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Offline Ubique

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 06:28:13 PM »
West normally quite hard to beat when they are home and as they have had recent experience in NE1 it won’t be plain sailing for Heath.

Whoever the referee is, just remember in the playoffs they will normally turn up with their linesman who will assist them more during the game than the usual club linesman are permitted to do.

Fingers crossed and good luck to Heath.

Offline sliotar

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 09:43:34 AM »
I would say Heath are made for tight close games on small pitches and not high scoring shootouts. really depends how the DN1 team play. If they throw it about Heath will be in trouble. Saying that I hope Heath win so wish them all the best.

Offline Chief Selector

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 02:10:33 PM »
If they can keep it tight, use their powerhouse forwards, play into the 15 metre channels. catch and drive and be brave and boring then i'm sure Heath will win. Good luck Heath

Offline Mink

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 05:25:15 PM »
For me if Heath can dominate set piece they are a tough team to beat. they play in the right areas and without been super stars don't under estimate their backs.
if you take away plan A (which not many teams have been able to do) they can struggle - but i am sure that is the case for most (if not all teams)
i am predicting a close game that is own late on by one of the teams kickers - knowing how good evra is I think heath will sneak it...

Offline intense1

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 04:17:05 PM »
I'm sure we'll be all cheering on Heath...I know Northern dont want to go up and its nip and tuck between them and Pool. ThinK Heath will still have too much!

Offline Whoopey

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2019, 01:08:57 AM »
After speaking to some mates in ‘Artlepool, it’s going to be a tough old game. West have tried to break from tradition this year and have been ‘throwing the ball around’. I’m honestly unsure of who might win and go up. I think Heath might just pip it but it’s definitely going to be a battle Royale! Can’t wait to watch it.