$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; results 13.4.19

Author Topic: results 13.4.19  (Read 1634 times)

Offline vastabitur vermibus

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
results 13.4.19
« on: April 13, 2019, 06:17:33 PM »
aire 10 - 34 vandals

cas 52 - 0 skipton

hemsworth 27 - 39 baildon

worms 23 - 11 harrogate
the lads did a job on harrogate today we just outclassed them in defence and when we had the ball and we finished our league season unbeaten in 2019 which is what we aimed for after a poor start to the season. if we keep the same team next season then i recon we can av the league by christmas see you next season harrogate loool now for the worms to win this cup #UTW

mods 0 - 36 thornensians

roth 5 - 29 dale

sheff meds  7 - 22 corinthians

Offline Mud pig

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: results 13.4.19
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 06:35:26 PM »
I must admit I was hoping for a bit more excitement from the knotts and Harrogate game. Unfortunately it wasn’t the thriller that was billed and left me quite deflated BUT that knotts defence is something else and Harrogate knew it! Harrogate deciding to go for points instead of taking the bull by the horns and putting something on the line, it seemed they were fearful off the knotts brick wall in front of them. For a team that needed a win to keep in contention for automatic promotion they absolutely bottled it, if only Harrogate had a set of balls eh!! Oh and beachy kicked a penalty from the halfway line which saw his index finger raised in the air loud and proud, I’m sure that’ll go down in krufc folklore

Offline gateprop

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 07:02:25 PM »
Can’t argue with the result today. Knottingley the better team on the day. If they keep the same side together you have to be promotion favourites based on their 2019 form. Promotion is no longer in our hands but whatever happens this is comfortably our highest ever league finish. Last 2 weeks obviously very disappointing but so many positives to take away from the season as a whole. Enjoy your night Knottingley and good luck in your cup campaign.

Offline Fenton

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 08:06:22 PM »
Could not make the Worms game today so can not make much comment, apart from winning every game in 2019 and beating all the big boys just a thank you from the sponsors to Stanny and the boys good hard rugby and a decent Disaplinary record as well, defence awesome looking forward to the Cup games and next season, upwards forwards but never backwards UTFW

Offline Beachy

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 08:40:55 PM »
Good game against Harrogate today. Not an end to end encounter but two decent teams going at it especially in defence but I think our lads just wanted it a little bit more and it showed in defence and attack limiting them to one weird push over try. Happy to keep the winning run going and finish off the season with a win. Yes Mud Pig I did nail one from halfway and yes it will be on my headstone. Had a a good chat with Gateprop after the game, nice to put a name to a face and all the best for the possible promotion, just have to sit tight now and wait for Thornes results! Another entertaining Yorkshire 3 season.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:21:48 AM by Beachy »

Offline MrG

• Finding my feet
  • UTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 09:50:35 AM »
Is the rumour true Rangi Chase made an appearance for Cas?

Offline Pomfresian

• Forum old hand
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 05:50:44 PM »
It is indeed true that a Rangi did play for Cas yesterday.  ::)

Offline Mud pig

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 06:31:27 PM »
The ca$ bank accounts taken another hit, paying for a banned professional rugby league player for them to triumph over skipton! More money than sense

Offline Pomfresian

• Forum old hand
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 07:56:14 PM »
The Rangi that played yesterday has played for us all season. A tongue in cheek send up and a bit of a leerdammer take, in a light hearted way........
your answer does rather typify you mud slinger.........you do know the moon is made of cheese don't you and ca$h paid for it......ha ha ha.