$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Season Round Up

Author Topic: Season Round Up  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Season Round Up
« on: April 14, 2019, 09:55:43 AM »
So guys it's the end of the regular season. Still catch ups and cup games but let's hear your thoughts.

Best Forwards?
Best Backs?
Stand out Game?
Top D*** of the Day candidates?
Surprise package?
Underachievers?
Predictions on Next Season?

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: Season Round Up
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 10:12:12 AM »
Best Forwards?

Best forwards we played against were Thorne. Solid 1-8 without a weak link. Not many stood up to our scrum but they did.

Best Backs?

Wensleydale. Use their Ground really well. Use the uphill to their advantage, clean and barely dropped a ball in both games we played.

Stand out Game?

For me it was beating Corinthians at home. They were 4th at the time (I think) and we (as is well documented on here) haven't played our best rugby this season. Proved we can still mix it when we have a full squad.

Top D*** of the Day candidates?

Me. In the most blatant 'prop can't keep up with a back so just trip him up' at Wensleydale.

Surprise package?

Again I'm going to say Corinthians. First season back in Y3. Hard and niggly as hell. But its worked for them and the table doesn't lie they've had a good season.

Underachievers?

Mods. Sorry to see you go out this season gents, good club. With the amount of close results you've had I can see you coming straight back up.

Predictions on Next Season?

Looks like Otliensains are back to 3 next season. They're always solid and could push for promotion again. From the teams in this league I can't look past Thorne. Will see how they do in the coming weeks as they may go up this season. But if they don't manage it they will be favourites next season.

Lastly well done to Wensleydale. Great club, good set of boys. Done everything the right way and are reaping the rewards. Good luck for next season all!

UTV

Offline gateprop

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 01:40:50 PM »
Best Forwards? Wensleydale

Best Backs? Wensleydale

Stand out Game? Probably our 5-0 victory over Thorne at home. One of the most closely contested and hard fought games you’ll see.

Top D*** of the Day candidates? Probably our club secretary turning up to a game with an absolutely filthy kit having only washed the 2nd team shirts.

Surprise package? I’d argue that’s us. Although we fell at the last hurdle literally no-one gave us a chance of promotion in the preseason poll.

Underachievers? Has to be Mods. Went from top 4 two seasons in a row to dead bottom.

Predictions on Next Season? You’d probably have to put Pythons up with Knottingley as favourites for the top 2 next year though Cas, Corinthians Rotherham could be up there with an improved away record. Otliensians have struggled this year but if they have a similar side to when they last went up they will be very competitive. Don’t know anything of Wibsey or Ossett but they dominated the rest of Y4 so can’t rule them out of contention either.

Offline Beachy

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 05:33:57 PM »
Best Forwards? Probably Thorne and Dale two big packs, need to move them about to beat them.
Best Backs? Again think Thorne had some big runners, but to blow our own trumpets I think our backs are pretty handy.
Stand out Game? Winning the final although that is the cup. Best league game for me is ending Dale's big winning streak.
Top D*** of the Day candidates? Me getting charged down in front of the sticks.
Surprise package? Think Pythons have shocked everyone this year definitely didn't expect them to be competing for promotion and some impressive results.
Underachievers? Mods unfortunately, dead last and are actually a decent team when we've played them.
Predictions on Next Season? Think Otliensians will be looking to get straight back up along with Harrogate, Corinthians and yes I've cursed us but ourselves, hopefully keep the momentum going in to the new season.

Should be another cracking Yorkshire 3

Offline Mud pig

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 10:59:23 AM »
Best Forwards - From who I’ve managed to see play and reaction on here through out the season I’m going to say Thornes big pack

Best Backs - Without a doubt Knottingleys, the 2nd half of the season not one team has been able to handle them!

Stand out Game - there’s 2 the Knotts boys against thorne and Wensleydale. Both games at the worm farm, they blew Thorne away and inflicted dales first defeat since October (I think)

Top D*** of the Day candidates - has to be harrogates team performance against Knotta at the worm farm, they were chasing promotion and tried playing it safe but got found out. You’d have thought they were a team with nothing to play for!

Surprise package - has to be corinthians! They were newly promoted and gave an excellent account of themselves, both in the league and Yorkshire vase well done men! Also what surprised me was the downfall of Rotherham. They started like a house on fire then died off half way through the season, Abu doh from Rotherham like to tell us what happened?

Underachievers - Mods, they’ve always been able to beat anybody on their and are normally a strong mid table team

Predictions on Next Season - Knottingley to win the league easily if they can keep the squad they’ve got at the minute. That’s all from me until next season mid pig out!