$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; North Ribblesdale

North Ribblesdale

This is a discussion for the topic North Ribblesdale on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: North Ribblesdale  (Read 5415 times)

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
on: April 14, 2019, 01:34:07 PM
At the back end of last year North Ribb said the longest farewell to Yorkshire one ever witnessed to man.

I found the 'see you soon' nature of their farewell extremely arrogant and they definitely seemed to think they would stroll back in to Y1.

Having seen them finish mid table it is clear this attitude hasn't served them well and they've had a bit of a shocker this season.

They are home to 2 of the most outspoken members of the forum who often aim jibes at other clubs way of doing things. I wonder if those same members have got anything to say on their poor season this term.

Pristine Shorts

• A little respect please...
Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 02:40:27 PM
Personally, I’ve always enjoyed playing North Ribb, home or away. I find the Club friendly and welcoming. They do very well to be where they are, surrounded by cash-flashers in Cumbria and West Yorkshire, to say nothing of Wharfedale.

The two posters on here are proud Ribb supporters and at least one of them I know has put in a lot of time for his Club.

I really don’t think ‘ we’ll be back ‘ in the context of being relegated should be regarded as arrogant, more defying the fates.

I wish we at Ilkley were still playing them. Though not in Y2 of course !

Driffield Bulldog

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 03:01:08 PM
Couldn’t agree more with this that flaggy is a very bitter man let’s hope this knocks that big chip off his shoulder

Maroon

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 03:36:58 PM
Both Gents at Ribblesdale are very proud of their club for that I applaud them

They started the season well and fell away badly they will be back and fighting for promotion next season

Always a good trip and hard fought game at Ribb , Good Club with a proud history

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 12:26:25 AM
I will not dignify master_(lack of)knowledge's ignorant post with a response other than thank Pristine Shorts & Maroon for their support.

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 08:17:10 AM
I agree with what folk say about Ribb, it's a fantastic club full of great people, I have enjoyed both games against them this year and will hopefully enjoy playing them again.  However, you have to admit flaggy did over egg it at the end of last year... all that was missing was a rendition of My Way.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 09:08:16 PM
I'll add that Flaggy is a top bloke. I don't know exile but he seems of the same stock.

There was no "see you next season" from Ribb, that is a complete misrepresentation. The sentiments were from other clubs saying that we were very sad to see Ribb go down and hope they bounce straight back. And why is that!?? Because of the very people and others like them that MK is attacking.

Ribb will be an asset to whichever league they are in. Scarborough and Ribb have found ourselves in the same league for most years of the last decade and I have no doubt in the not too distant future this will be repeated. I look forward to it.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 11:00:16 PM
So why is it that others agree?

You just don't want to agree with me because I've shown you up in the past on here.

Put your efforts in to making sure your 'local amateur' players don't let their ill discipline get the better of them in the play off.

North Ribb great club but ultimately didn't bounce back and had a shoddy season at best.

Ribbflagman

Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 08:44:54 AM
MK  I have ignored your ascerbic comments thus far, but feel that following your recent gutter post, you now at least deserve a response. To put the record straight the only other "Poster" on here that has had a go at me ( its allowed) is the equally myopic "Bulldog from the East" (I think you must be related) along with Hobbos post (who was also complimentary to Ribb). I think the general feeling is that Ribb are a very well liked club. From a personal point of view ,on reflection we have finished below where we expected, especially after a great start, but have no complaints. We have lost several games by a large margin deservedly so, and also some close ones that we should have won. Therefore deserve to be where we are. We have a lot of youngsters who have ,at times ,struggled with physicality and tackling, but, we have a our usual good spirit.
As to my comments from the end of last season, it was a message to all the clubs that we had enjoyed playing in their league and the marvelous hospitality (almost without exception other than an inedible Beef dinner at Moortown, ((they should change their Beef supplier)), and it was our intention to sometime in the future haul ourselves back to that distinguished level of club rugby in our marvellous county.
We know that we are not ready yet and there is work to do to arrest our recent decline, however, as a simple man I do not understand why MK directs his venom at us/me, as it is generally agreed on here that it is misdirected bull****.
Rather than having a chip on my shoulder, can I suggest that Little Knowledge, must have serious arthritis in his right shoulder from the continual weight of two potato sacks being strapped to it.
That must apply to the "Bulldog" and as his name suggests he comes from Driffield and I can only summise he is the supplier of such spuds.

Thats it all guys. I hope you all summer well and sincere best wishes for the play-offs and next season to everyone, even a couple of bitter people!!!

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 08:49:35 AM
Very honest and fair assessment of you poor season.

Well done for not biting....

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 10:21:25 AM
MK  I have ignored your ascerbic comments thus far, but feel that following your recent gutter post, you now at least deserve a response. To put the record straight the only other "Poster" on here that has had a go at me ( its allowed) is the equally myopic "Bulldog from the East" (I think you must be related) along with Hobbos post (who was also complimentary to Ribb). I think the general feeling is that Ribb are a very well liked club. From a personal point of view ,on reflection we have finished below where we expected, especially after a great start, but have no complaints. We have lost several games by a large margin deservedly so, and also some close ones that we should have won. Therefore deserve to be where we are. We have a lot of youngsters who have ,at times ,struggled with physicality and tackling, but, we have a our usual good spirit.
As to my comments from the end of last season, it was a message to all the clubs that we had enjoyed playing in their league and the marvelous hospitality (almost without exception other than an inedible Beef dinner at Moortown, ((they should change their Beef supplier)), and it was our intention to sometime in the future haul ourselves back to that distinguished level of club rugby in our marvellous county.
We know that we are not ready yet and there is work to do to arrest our recent decline, however, as a simple man I do not understand why MK directs his venom at us/me, as it is generally agreed on here that it is misdirected bull****.
Rather than having a chip on my shoulder, can I suggest that Little Knowledge, must have serious arthritis in his right shoulder from the continual weight of two potato sacks being strapped to it.
That must apply to the "Bulldog" and as his name suggests he comes from Driffield and I can only summise he is the supplier of such spuds.

Thats it all guys. I hope you all summer well and sincere best wishes for the play-offs and next season to everyone, even a couple of bitter people!!!

You know it's all tongue in cheek with me flaggy - Ribb is a quality club and any league is lucky to have you.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #11 on: April 19, 2019, 03:02:50 PM
So why is it that others agree?

You just don't want to agree with me because I've shown you up in the past on here.

Put your efforts in to making sure your 'local amateur' players don't let their ill discipline get the better of them in the play off.

North Ribb great club but ultimately didn't bounce back and had a shoddy season at best.

????????????????????????

Certain clubs tarnished with a poor reputation when if you take a step back and look at who has been disciplined by the relevant authorities it paints a whole different picture!

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 03:06:10 PM

The obligatory dig at Town, stay classy.

You 100% expected to waltz back into Y1 and got caught short. Maybe a summer of reflection and a more honest prep can see you creep into the top 4. Good luck fellas.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #13 on: April 19, 2019, 07:12:23 PM
We certainly never expected or stated that we would bounce straight back into Y1, we were always aware we faced at least 2 years of consolidation as our youngsters develop. Good luck to Town in NE1 next season, do Yorkshire proud.