$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Cup results

Cup results

This is a discussion for the topic Cup results on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Cup results  (Read 7476 times)

caravan boys

• One of the boys
on: April 20, 2019, 06:01:26 PM
Went to watch Wibsey v wensleydale.  wibsey well beaten and 3 sent off !!
Any other results?

Oldtwohats

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 06:07:02 PM
Semi finals

Cas v Knotts
Corinthians v Wensleydale

vastabitur vermibus

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 07:07:42 PM
i couple of us worms went to watch the cas vs vandals game. cas come out on top 22-20 both teams were dire i don't think we've anything to worry about in the semi

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 07:40:35 PM
Yes I agree. Why the YRFU play their prestigious tournament at an Easter Bank holiday is beyond me. Seven possible starters unavailable for Cash today and I am sure that was the same for the Vandals.  Knotty don't have that problem as every day is a special day to spend the government hand outs.  We only here from the Knotty brigade when they win a few, they will go quite again after the semi, you'll see....

Oldtwohats

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 07:52:31 PM
Have to agree Pom, perhaps that's why they call themselves the worms.....go to ground when things aren't going well! Let's see!

vastabitur vermibus

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 09:48:30 PM
we've not lost in 2019 that's why we've been piping up a lot on here ;) we look forward to the derby as for the government handouts you keep working hard and we'll keep spending your hard earned tax on celebrating wins get some overtime in coz we're gonna spend some when we win this cup

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 12:18:02 AM
Ok Pomfresian. If you have a better date on which Cup games could be played, then perhaps you would let me know.

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 08:50:25 AM
Could I ask why Baildon v Thorne was not made to played yesterday?

Bastion

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 08:58:15 AM
Thorne played in the national junior vase semi final

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: April 21, 2019, 09:10:58 AM
Thank you, how did they get on?

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #10 on: April 21, 2019, 10:05:40 AM
Fredsbar. If the YRFU want the best players representing both their clubs and the game f rugby, then surely playing any cup game at Easter is a huge mistake. Castleford and I am sure the other teams in the tournament yesterday were not able to field their full strength side by any shadow.

My opinion is this; although the leagues are mostly competitive, sides are at the level they can compete at.

I have watched every team in Yorkshire 3 this year and without exception three good players in each would catapult them from the bottom to the top of the league. I will take Castleford as an example. If the side that played Rotherham Phoenix at home, played week in week out; we would have won the league no doubt. But the following year in division two, three of those players dropped out and losing became a habit again, then we would be getting thumped every week by 100 which wasn't too many years ago for Castleford.

So my point is this. Given that this is a cup competion, clubs would feild a strong competative team on Saturdays in mid season, the league games should take second place because in most cases (I believe) sides in Y3 just want a game of rugby not competative enough to gain promotion and get thumped every week. The days are long gone when a game of rugby takes precedent over family and work commitments.

Fenton

• Forum old hand
  • Surrounded by Idiots
Reply #11 on: April 21, 2019, 10:06:40 AM
Pomeranian, just because somehow a few of the Knottla Worms have been accepted on the forum and can be bothered to make posts that actually provoke a response to an otherwise dreadfully dull forum, and then you attempt to be funny/sarcastic and all it does is show how dull and dreary you really are, The Worms, hint in the name, is a self-deprecating p*ss take on ourselves, so the comments you and others makes in this show the lack of ability to understand the complex nature of the handout kids at the Worm Factory.

Bob1304

• One of the boys
Reply #12 on: April 21, 2019, 10:28:57 AM
Thornensians beat Mellish 12-33.

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #13 on: April 21, 2019, 10:49:24 AM
Pomf, I agree, Cup games should be played on the free league weekends, then once a team is out they are able to fulfil any postponed games. Where League has taken precedent the rearranged game means two teams are not available to play in the next round of the cup, meaning team soften double up the league and cup or they withdraw. There are plenty of weekends towards the end of the season when postponed league games could be played, or not if they do not interfere with relegation or promotion.

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #14 on: April 21, 2019, 02:29:31 PM
Thing is one of me old, most players at Castleford don't want to play week in week out. They want to play most but not all and don't feel obliged to in any way. This season has been more noticeable than others that players `have better things to do with their weekends` we have had players flitting in and out all season. over forty players used but at times we have been very close to not being able to field a side. When it comes to family commitments; they come first so why on earth people who organise these games think it necessary to play cup competitions on the Easter bank holiday weekend is beyond me.

Castleford Tigers play at Catalan on Monday! we lost a few players because of this, the others had simply `better things to do` It just simply weakens the competition and does not do Yorkshire rugby any good what so ever.