$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Yorkshire vase cup final

Author Topic: Yorkshire vase cup final  (Read 4313 times)

Offline Postie

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: Yorkshire vase cup final
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2019, 10:09:49 AM »
Somebody media department may have just unintentionally reduced the attendance.

No doubt the Grottingley contingent will be fine though because old fart and Fentone will be scrambling over each other to pay them all in

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2019, 10:32:03 AM »
Yorkshire RFU sets the admission price. The costs are £5 and £3. Pontefract facebook page is incorrect and will be amended.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2019, 01:10:25 PM »
Somebody media department may have just unintentionally reduced the attendance.

No doubt the Grottingley contingent will be fine though because old fart and Fentone will be scrambling over each other to pay them all in

That’s a good giggle post tie ... I’m only paying for me and my grandad to get in .
I’m struggling logistically to get there as I have to get back from a funeral south side of Birmingham in the afternoon ... one glitch on the motorway and I’ll be stuffed . Being a man of my word I’ll sort beachy ‘s beer allocation ... perhaps if I leave it at your caravan ?

Offline Beachy

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2019, 03:03:53 PM »
Bloody Brexit strikes again at these prices! 😂 And it's actually a top quality motorhome Alf get your facts right!

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2019, 04:56:27 PM »
Beachyboy

I apologise... could have sworn I saw him on a skip truck at the jolly sailor site last week . Age and infirmity is my excuse . Early Good luck for Wednesday .

Offline Premier

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2019, 10:40:51 PM »
Yorkshire v Northumberland today at Bradford and Bingley was £10 ??
We had travelled to watch it but there was no inside food available and no tea or coffee.
Big function in the main room and was told quite clearly by a chap in a nice striped jacket that food inside was only available for officials.
He actually said nothing inside for the general public- with a smile on his face.
Poor welcome ??
But there was a very small not very well organised outside hot sandwich place.

Offline cynic

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2019, 08:08:13 AM »
Hope you’re not attending all these freebies Fredsbar. You could end up getting a game for Wetherby.

Offline avinastella

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2019, 10:34:43 AM »
Yorkshire v Northumberland today at Bradford and Bingley was £10 ??
We had travelled to watch it but there was no inside food available and no tea or coffee.
Big function in the main room and was told quite clearly by a chap in a nice striped jacket that food inside was only available for officials.
He actually said nothing inside for the general public- with a smile on his face.
Poor welcome ??
But there was a very small not very well organised outside hot sandwich place.
He should have been warning you not to buy the dodgy beer. Surprised the dared to serve it.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline BEZ

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2019, 12:01:38 PM »
Not posted for a while just wanted to say how much i am  Looking forward to this, hoping we can keep our 2019 unbeaten run going.

the group of lads we have at the club at the minute is the strongest i have seen in a long time, and we are playing well together. definitely favorites tomorrow, and i am confident we can do it.

glad i have booked the rest of the week off work!!

UTCW

Offline maltyjruggers

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2019, 09:08:55 AM »
B&B pre-match lunch for the Yorkshire game was sold out but had been advertised many weeks before the game (Plenty of chance to book in advance). Any other food and drink available was as was seen on the day. The bottom bar was open to spectators after the game. I am not sure what else you were expecting?

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2019, 07:30:31 AM »
Congratulations to Knottingley winners of the Yoekshire Vase.

Offline hoodie

• A little respect please...
  • 4TOTTY
    • View Profile
Confront the fear, feel the courage, join the battle.

Offline Beachy

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2019, 12:16:15 PM »
Cheers Fredsbar! It was a great game to be a part of with both teams controlling it at certain points. Thought it was two tough teams just throwing everything at it. We just managed to use that Ponte slope to our advantage in the second half clawing it back 22-13 but at 13-3 down we were all nervous at half time. Great credit to Leeds who are a good set of lads on and off the field. Must of been a decent amount there from my reckoning aswell would say 350+ at least and both fans created a brilliant atmosphere. Great game of rugby especially in the wet conditions.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2019, 12:59:59 PM »
Beachy

Very well done mate . Unfortunately I never made it back to yorkshire . I have a case in my car for you as promised, just couldn’t sort logistics of getting it across yesterday .

I’m told there’s a players evening so I’ll probably drop a few quid in with the ayatollah to put over bar as an alternative . I’ll keep ale to one dude though and it will be there for a post match drink for you and the lads .

Again apologies for not getting there .

Ps my mate who is part of YRFu groupies says 400 in attendance and knottingley dominated second half .

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2019, 01:01:44 PM »
Thanks. It’s good to see both clubs enjoying cup finals. All 8 Cup Final teams have enjoyed the occasions.

Best wishes for next season.