$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Yorkshire County Team

Author Topic: Yorkshire County Team  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
Yorkshire County Team
« on: May 05, 2019, 08:37:38 AM »
Congratulations to Yorkshire men’s team for thrashing Northumberland yesterday at Bradford and Bingley. Next Saturday at YMCA v Cheshire

Offline thisjustin

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Yorkshire County Team
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 09:07:36 PM »
I do like the idea of having home region/authority area teams - I wonder what would happen if all of England's 150 boroughs, shires and unitary local authority areas had their own teams (or just the 30 areas where rugby league is played)? and what format of opponent allocation systems might work best, and predictions would you make if money, injuries, access to the best players and stadiums and suspending other fixtures for a month were no issue?

Offline thisjustin

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 11:19:37 PM »
Where can I read more about this marvellous battle of the counties rugby competition please? I am especially intrigued to know who is 3rd, 4th and 5th behind Yorkshire and Gtr Manchester/Lancs?  Or rather, who would maybe/probably be 3rd to 5th if Y&L had access to their best players for these games?  Is it Lincs, London and Merseyside ? Who else might be in the running for a 5th place finish?

Offline Dan Nulty

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 06:31:32 AM »
'I do like the idea of having home region/authority area teams - I wonder what would happen if all of England's 150 boroughs, shires and unitary local authority areas had their own teams (or just the 30 areas where rugby league is played)? and what format of opponent allocation systems might work best, and predictions would you make if money, injuries, access to the best players and stadiums and suspending other fixtures for a month were no issue?'

Presumably this idea improves the further down the gin bottle you get when contemplating it.