$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; commiserations to Northallerton and Thorne

Author Topic: commiserations to Northallerton and Thorne  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
commiserations to Northallerton and Thorne
« on: May 06, 2019, 09:22:05 PM »
Just watched the whole game on video of Norths titanic game at Twickers on saturday. After trailing for 65 minutes they got in front 27 - 19 and were leading with 5mins to go 27-22 but their opponents Honiton from Devon (who had en even bigger pack than North) came back and scored with about 3 mins to go. It was a fantastic advert for our level between two teams almost inseperable. What a shame North had to lose, but they lost absolutely nothing in defeat. If they can reproduce that form next season they will be in contention to go up again as they have some quality players in key positions.
Also hard luck to Thornensians who were eventually well beaten by a well drilled side from Weybridge (also available on the same RFU video).
Best wishes and congratulations from all at North Ribb on reaching your respective finals and we wish you well in the future.

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
    • View Profile
Re: commiserations to Northallerton and Thorne
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 07:36:16 AM »
Yorkshire rugby not as strong as many would believe then?
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Offline Dropkicker

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 07:48:25 AM »
I guess when you add Scabs to, Thorne and North you could make that argument. However I would disagree entirely. I do stand to be corrected but I don't think any other county has had such representation in end of season competitions of such stature this season or any other recent season. Commiserations to all 3. See it as a springboard to greater things next season.

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 08:27:02 AM »
Indeed, but in past seasons Yorks clubs have tended to win these things. All I am asking is if Yorks standard is dropping or the standard of others rising?
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Offline Bob1304

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 09:10:11 AM »
Thornensians were beaten by a side whos average age was 23,60% of the side had come up through the clubs mini section 40% were students who returned to London having qualified.They were a very well drilled side and very fit.They had lost only 4 games in three seasons,unbeaten since February 2018 and promoted 4 times in the last 5 seasons.Blown away in fist half ht 35-0 second half much closer further converted try right at the death of the game.Having said that everybody players included enjoyed the day and thats what Rugby Union is about new teams and friendships.

Offline Ribbflagman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 06:37:04 PM »
Here here,
                   I think that Cornwall and Devon are also an exceptionally strong region as Yorkshire are.
RH  You make a fair point but I do concur with Dropkicker that our White Rose record stands scrutiny.
 Honiton were a very very capable side .

Offline thorne 123

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 04:16:00 PM »
The best weekend ever of my long career , reeds where  a class act and would of put up a good game against any teams playing on Sunday . Has bob says average age 23 apparently I am double that on my own 👍, back to promotion decider on Saturday hopefully we will be back in Y2 next season

Offline Bob1304

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 12:48:50 PM »
As Thorne 123 says Reeds Weybridge were a class act and would certainly give Yorkshire 1 clubs a run for there money.