$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 2019-2020 fixtures

Author Topic: 2019-2020 fixtures  (Read 1780 times)

Offline old style prop

• A little respect please...
  • anyone seen me tabs.
    • View Profile
2019-2020 fixtures
« on: May 15, 2019, 02:43:51 PM »
Anyone heard anything about when the new Fixtures will be out - i am interested in Y2 but asking on here as applies to all leagues.

Also does anyone know how you get hold of an upto date list of fixture secretaries contact details (used to be in a hard copy handbook that the YRFU stopped printing a long time back before switching to a PDF with all the club details which stopped getting sent out around 15/16). For clarification only after fixture secs not club secs or other club details.

Offline andyn

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Re: 2019-2020 fixtures
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 04:17:22 PM »
Aren't the fixtures normally out mid June? Some clubs have games still to play anyway.

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 04:52:29 PM »
Anyone heard anything about when the new Fixtures will be out - i am interested in Y2 but asking on here as applies to all leagues.

Also does anyone know how you get hold of an upto date list of fixture secretaries contact details (used to be in a hard copy handbook that the YRFU stopped printing a long time back before switching to a PDF with all the club details which stopped getting sent out around 15/16). For clarification only after fixture secs not club secs or other club details.
You can download the YRFU handbook from the website.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline old style prop

• anyone seen me tabs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 06:06:32 PM »
Stella the county handbook does not help as it does not list fixtures secretary contact details (only club secretaries are listed which at most clubs are different people to the fix sec, and when you have loads of clubs to call ringing the club sec to ask for the fix secs contact details is a bit of a pain).

At the moment best thing there is, that i can find is a 5 year out of date fixture handbook from when they would collate all the spreadsheets from each club and send them out as a pdf (unfortunatly as this is out of date it includes contact details for lots of former or even deceased fixture secs so not the best)

Offline Stevo

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 07:50:08 PM »
Get a list of clubs you need to contact and go on their web page

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 07:54:18 PM »
Stella the county handbook does not help as it does not list fixtures secretary contact details (only club secretaries are listed which at most clubs are different people to the fix sec, and when you have loads of clubs to call ringing the club sec to ask for the fix secs contact details is a bit of a pain).

At the moment best thing there is, that i can find is a 5 year out of date fixture handbook from when they would collate all the spreadsheets from each club and send them out as a pdf (unfortunatly as this is out of date it includes contact details for lots of former or even deceased fixture secs so not the best)
Apologies.
For some reason i thought i'd seen them listed in there.

An email to the Hon Secs should get you the info surely?

Offline old style prop

• anyone seen me tabs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 10:29:46 PM »
Stella we could go to the ridiculous length of contacting the club secretary to ask them to give you the contact number of their fixture sec but what a pain it is (especially when you have 30 odd clubs to contact when fixtures are released or when you need to speak urgently in the case of a cancellation). It would be a whole lot easier if the YRFU produced a list of all the fix secs contacts details so you could contact them directly. From my own experience it certainly made the fix sec job a lot easier when we all got a list of each clubs fixtures and contact details.

They even used to send out a hard copy with contact details and full fixture list on - and frustratingly they still get all that info as we send it in each year on a spread sheet to them but for some reason they will not release it (i have asked them for a copy of this information a couple of times each year for the past four seasons and its like hitting your head against a brick wall).

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 11:01:29 PM »
Lyndsey at County office will e mail a list of current fixture secretaries to you.

Offline old style prop

• anyone seen me tabs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 08:20:44 AM »
cheers fredsbar i will give that a try :)

Offline Rugby01

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 10:27:56 AM »

Lyndsey at County office will e mail a list of current fixture secretaries to you.

I can see a few emails heading towards the County Office!

It would be of value to all clubs if YRFU could put the contact details of both Fixture Secretaries and Club Secretaries on their new web site.

Offline thorne 123

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 01:59:27 PM »
Battle to Y2 finishes this weekend usually June time for fixtures

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 04:41:16 PM »
After this Saturday’s match between Thorn and Harrogate Pythons, all Yorkshire leagues will be known.
This match should have taken place last Saturday.

Offline Bob1304

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2019, 07:59:01 AM »
Thornensians v Harrogate Pythons should have been played on the weekend the club were at Twickenham in the RFU Junior Vase Final.Last week we played Aireborough which was originally abandoned earlier due to broken leg to one of our players plus cancellations of a couple of games including a trophy game due to the weather.

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2019, 11:13:23 PM »
Lancashire and Cheshire appeal on May 23rd. Watch this space!

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 08:03:59 PM »
Lancashire and Cheshire appeal on May 23rd. Watch this space!
What are they appealing FB?
They caused all the disruption and they're still not happy?