$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Thorne V Harrogate

Thorne V Harrogate

This is a discussion for the topic Thorne V Harrogate on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Thorne V Harrogate  (Read 3916 times)

Beachy

• Forum old hand
on: May 17, 2019, 01:28:41 PM
Big game tomorrow for both sides in a promotion decider! Interested to hear who people think will finish off the season in 2nd? Seen as the forum will be all but dead for a few months. I think Thorne definitely have the upper hand with home advantage and a 2 point lead in the table but it's not beyond Harrogate getting a result, although it would be some effort. Personally I think Thorne will clinch second spot.

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 04:47:36 PM
Difficult one to call really, you could talk about us having a 5 week break while Thorne have played every week and whether that’s an advantage for us or them but I think it’s just going to come down to who wants it more on the day.

Bob1304

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 07:19:31 PM
May the best team win.

ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 11:11:42 PM
For some reason I think gate will just take it. However I do think Thorne would fair better in y2

Sheeptownlad

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 09:56:45 AM
I think both would do well in Yorks 2, Thorne have played some games this year though and it must have taking its toll on the squad. Its a good Break and maybe a little match rusty vs no rest, long season but match ready. Both great teams and although I don't think Thorne have lost at home this season I think Harrogate will pinch it, leaving Thorne to be a pain in the backside for all of us left in Yorks 3 next year.

Good luck to both teams I'm sure it'll be a cracker!

ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 05:39:20 PM
Thorne up then, congratulations. Harrogate go again next year, not much extra strength being added to the league so promotion next year very achievable. Long old season for both teams.

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 07:47:11 PM
No complaints from us Thorne played a better game on the day. We have had comfortably our best season ever for both our 1sts and 2nds so the future is bright and we’ll go again next year. Good luck to both Wensleydale and Thorne next year after deserved promotions.

Speedy Python

• One of the boys
Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 12:19:15 AM
Congratulations Thorne on your promotion.  We made you sweat but it wasn't enough. Good luck in y2 and we will go again

Bob1304

• One of the boys
Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 08:15:58 AM
Thank you Harrogate from a spectators view you made our lads work very hard and the game was played in the right spirit by both teams pity the referee had a touch of yellow fever all we ask is for consistency.You guys have had a great season and i look forward to seeing you at the top next season.All the very best for next season.