$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Welcome Kendall (not Stockport) ... who knows!

Welcome Kendall (not Stockport) ... who knows!

This is a discussion for the topic Welcome Kendall (not Stockport) ... who knows! on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Welcome Kendall (not Stockport) ... who knows!  (Read 12674 times)

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #15 on: June 01, 2019, 01:20:48 PM
It is a pleasure staying at Aynsome Manor near Cartmel.
Cartmel is a gem.

Dark Arts Advocate

• A little respect please...
Reply #16 on: June 04, 2019, 10:23:43 AM
Ah ! Kendal, is it ? Well it’s a great trip for sure and we started and ended the season playing them, with comfortable victories, happily.

Their new Clubhouse is a Meridien compared to Scarb’s Holiday Inn and it’s an all-round great set-up. It costs an arm and a leg to run apparently.

Unsurprisingly perhaps, it cost £8 to get in - I wonder if that’ll reduce in September....
That's Scarborough's entry fee going up then!!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #17 on: June 04, 2019, 10:30:50 AM
Kendal would be mint! Long weekend in the lakes.. Thursday to Monday... Walking on Friday and Sunday with rugby on Saturday. Southern lakes aren't my favourite but still I'm a very happy bunny if true ..

Agreed. however it will depend on when you get the away fixture?

A little sad that it isn't Stockport, as I will now find it difficult to justify a slight detour on the way to Kendal, for a visit  to the Saajan indian kebab house on the Wilmslow road in Fallowfield. The best Indian on the famous curry mile in my opinion! (Other Asian food outlets are available) 

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #18 on: June 04, 2019, 03:04:55 PM
Ah ! Kendal, is it ? Well it’s a great trip for sure and we started and ended the season playing them, with comfortable victories, happily.

Their new Clubhouse is a Meridien compared to Scarb’s Holiday Inn and it’s an all-round great set-up. It costs an arm and a leg to run apparently.

Unsurprisingly perhaps, it cost £8 to get in - I wonder if that’ll reduce in September....
That's Scarborough's entry fee going up then!!
Good point!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Piccolino

• Finding my feet
Reply #19 on: June 04, 2019, 07:26:57 PM
Spoken at length to one of the Kendal lads, he is adamant it’s Stockport not them.

The document listed previously is an old document according to Kendal’s coach.

The plot thickens...

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #20 on: June 04, 2019, 10:20:54 PM
A change of thread title again??

davie

• One of the boys
Reply #21 on: June 05, 2019, 11:30:34 AM
Spoken at length to one of the Kendal lads, he is adamant it’s Stockport not them.

The document listed previously is an old document according to Kendal’s coach.

The plot thickens...

If that's correct there could well be a delay in getting fxtures out again

Welshwonder

• Finding my feet
Reply #22 on: June 05, 2019, 12:45:12 PM
Amazes me , all the speculation about who is playing where, it happens every season, let's just wait and see until an official announcement. I believe  that Kendal as a North West team should return to the division they were promoted from when they went undefeated (North West  One), Stockport have been in North One East in the past and have been up and down the leagues since. I know it causes difficulties and everybody wants to know when the fixtures will be produced, but it seems to very complex especially when a league reorganisation was announced in the middle of last season which as yet hasn't come to anything. Just my thoughts on this subject , that's all.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #23 on: June 05, 2019, 02:27:00 PM
Gives us something to chat and speculate about over the long summer months...

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #24 on: June 06, 2019, 11:53:48 AM
It is a pleasure staying at Aynsome Manor near Cartmel.
Cartmel is a gem.
I prefer Appleby, free pony rides, bare knuckle fighting and good value copper wire!

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #25 on: June 06, 2019, 11:56:09 AM
Amazes me , all the speculation about who is playing where, it happens every season, let's just wait and see until an official announcement. I believe  that Kendal as a North West team should return to the division they were promoted from when they went undefeated (North West  One), Stockport have been in North One East in the past and have been up and down the leagues since. I know it causes difficulties and everybody wants to know when the fixtures will be produced, but it seems to very complex especially when a league reorganisation was announced in the middle of last season which as yet hasn't come to anything. Just my thoughts on this subject , that's all.
When do the fixtures come out?

Welshwonder

• Finding my feet
Reply #26 on: June 07, 2019, 12:52:03 PM
No idea this time , last year they were out on 1st June.

BobbleHat

• Finding my feet
Reply #27 on: June 07, 2019, 04:26:41 PM
Fixtures are out for the Midlands area - https://www.rfumidlands.com/leagues-structure - so hopefully ours will be out soon.

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #28 on: June 07, 2019, 09:58:02 PM
Hate to disappoint you but the RFU has performed a classic. Snowdons who produce North and East Doc fixtures have been asked to bid for their job!!!

avinastella

Reply #29 on: June 07, 2019, 10:14:03 PM
Hate to disappoint you but the RFU has performed a classic. Snowdons who produce North and East Doc fixtures have been asked to bid for their job!!!
And now we know where Treason May has moved on to.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.