$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Bees three year plan.

Bees three year plan.

This is a discussion for the topic Bees three year plan. on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Bees three year plan.  (Read 5936 times)

ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
on: June 07, 2019, 11:17:20 PM
Guess the plan not so much going to plan, may be Rotherhams will.

Oldandslow

Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 12:32:20 PM
Think it could help Bees aim of getting back to national 3.

Hugh Gumbs I’m told did a first class job at Pontefract in sorting out their junior setup and developing young players. They are also looking to appoint a forwards player coach I’m told.

So Bees did steady the ship last season and improved their league performance seventh in the table and eleven wins Gives them a launch point for next season.

So Ant Posa  going to Rotherham not a loss I think.

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 12:39:36 PM
Don't think he will last long at Rotherham.

Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 01:58:07 PM
Think it could help Bees aim of getting back to national 3.

Hugh Gumbs I’m told did a first class job at Pontefract in sorting out their junior setup and developing young players. They are also looking to appoint a forwards player coach I’m told.

So Bees did steady the ship last season and improved their league performance seventh in the table and eleven wins Gives them a launch point for next season.

So Ant Posa  going to Rotherham not a loss I think.

Are you kidding??
Mr Posa is the reason why a number of players went to Bees not Mr Gumbs.
This could leave Bees exposed if they do not get the right player coach.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 03:18:11 PM
I suppose coaching to Ant poser is his livelihood and he will go where the money is. Nothing wrong with that as long as clubs know that when they sign him. If he has a one year contract then his loyalty is for one year. You can't attach the same ties to a club that a long time member will have.
I suspect bees will lose a number of players for the same reason..
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 07:42:51 PM
I suppose coaching to Ant poser is his livelihood and he will go where the money is. Nothing wrong with that as long as clubs know that when they sign him. If he has a one year contract then his loyalty is for one year. You can't attach the same ties to a club that a long time member will have.
I suspect bees will lose a number of players for the same reason..
As will Scarborough!
Money normally buys you talent rarely loyalty!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 09:15:48 PM
York seem to consistently fail to secure both!!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

The Show Pony

• Forum old hand
Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 10:29:55 AM

That's a bite

Chief Selector

• Forum old hand
Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 02:48:59 PM

That's a bite

Think I might just try and find time to watch the York v Scarborough game this season... could be juicy

Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 03:07:11 PM
Genuinely intruiged as to what committee men think having chucked all the £ at Posa (as per) to finish 7th and him then disappear for more £ elsewhere. Surely the money man / men would be dissapppointed with results and, as mentioned above, the now aborted but much talked about 3 year plan.
Many other clubs will have similar experiences.
This isn't fishing, it's a genuine question.

ye olde 9

Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 11:33:19 PM
I get clubs that pay a few hundred quid a month to the coach play it by ear year to year. But surely big bucks, 3 year plan, an iron clad contract no? Perhaps less old boys talk in the interviews, more due diligence (not that it was needed) would have have suggested not a long term fix? The same old merigo round of positions and candidates will continue I am sure, as certain as Alan Pardew getting another job in the premiership.

Chief Selector

• Forum old hand
Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 02:57:06 PM
I get clubs that pay a few hundred quid a month to the coach play it by ear year to year. But surely big bucks, 3 year plan, an iron clad contract no? Perhaps less old boys talk in the interviews, more due diligence (not that it was needed) would have have suggested not a long term fix? The same old merigo round of positions and candidates will continue I am sure, as certain as Alan Pardew getting another job in the premiership.
Totally Agree, Bees were doing this 30 odd years ago when they were trying to make a name as a SENIOR club (and failed) and there still at it. Pay a coach, find your level as a community rugby club and make the whole thing work. False hope, false position, no money... Loads of clubs have done this over 30 years and show no improved facilities...Why... I dont get it

As for Mr Posa, surely the chance to coach at that level, coach better players for someone who is effectively a semi pro or professional coach is one too good to miss.