$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Prediction for league title.

Author Topic: Prediction for league title.  (Read 2966 times)

Offline MrG

• Finding my feet
  • UTW
    • View Profile
Prediction for league title.
« on: July 29, 2019, 08:08:58 PM »
Interesting season ahead. Reckon it will be a lot closer between 2nd and bottom this season!

1st place for the mighty Worms.

Cas have new coach (if he lasts season)

Wibsey making marquee signings already!

UTW

Re: Prediction for league title.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 09:52:30 PM »
1st Knottingley
2nd cas

Baildon will expect to be up there after making 4/5 signings.

We will be happy for a top 6 finish at wibsey.

Offline ABR

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 11:11:31 AM »
Seen the new signings at Wibsey... with more to follow from Salem?!

Who is the new coach at Castleford?

Any light on who Baildon have signed? Cant see middle earth been that appealing to many players

Offline MrG

• Finding my feet
  • UTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 11:25:25 AM »
Mark Wilson is the coach at Cas, former Knottingley coach.

Anyone know when national cup fixtures get released. Would of thought they’d be released before the Yorkshire case but clearly not.

Offline Beachy

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 08:19:43 AM »
Think this will be a pretty open season for anyone who can show a bit of consistency to be up there. A few teams making a fair few signings and 4/5 new quality players can easily be the difference between fighting at the top and fighting at the bottom.

Hopefully we can carry our good form on from last year and challenge at the top. We usually have a bad start but hopefully having the same Coach and squad with a few returning will help us.

Think Corinthians might be a dark horse with Pete Seabourne another old coach of ours in charge there. Also think Harrogate, Otliensians and Cas will all be throwing their hats in the ring, but I'll probably be completely wrong, I'm hopeless at betting.

Should be a good season.

Offline gateprop

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 10:10:09 AM »
You’d expect Harrogate, Knottingley, Cas, Rotherham and Corinthians to be up there based on last season if squads have been retained. Otliensians may have struggled in the Y2 but expect them to be strong this season and competing at the top. Ossett and Wibsey dominated Y4 so with a few new faces and momentum you can’t write them off either.

With so many sides competing at the top it’s vital for teams to start well as playing catch up towards the end will be very difficult. Favourites for the title has to be Knottingley as it stands. Unbeaten in 2019, if I’m right, as well as cup champions. If they have the same squad/coach and can carry on their momentum they will be the team to beat.

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 01:42:07 PM »
Everyone had vandals marked to go straight back up last season. That didn't pan out too well. Consistency is all. If you're near the top by Jan that's when it starts to get serious. Luck with injuries helps too. some of the top teams being mentioned here will hit a patch with players unavailable. Wensleydale won the league with no stand outs. Just an established game plan, club vision and luck with injuries.

So I'm not gonna try predicting this year as its going to be tighter than ever. Boring I know, but too hard to call.

Offline MrG

• Finding my feet
  • UTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 01:46:52 PM »
Yes very boring  ::)

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 12:53:31 PM »
I know, I know.  ::)

Offline ClbNrg

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2019, 04:17:48 PM »
I am looking forward to the new season and I am sure the Ensians lads know they will be in a very competitive league this year in Y3. The standard does seem to go up very year!

We did have a tough time last year in Y2. Some games we played some great stuff and others we produced dross to say the least. Whoever mentioned consistency earlier in this thread is 100% right.

Come the end of the season the table does not lie and we were consistently the worst team in Y2 despite some good patches. Injuries and a small squad played its part but its the same for all teams.   

Its hard for me to make a prediction as I have not seen the Y3 teams for a while but I am confident that playing a slightly higher standard last year should help the Ensians lads. It will be interesting watching the season play out.

Offline FatProp1

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2019, 09:02:46 AM »
Roth will win the league hands down.

Word has it, that the big fat prop has laid off the lemon meringues over the summer and will be a svelte figure in the front row, he will push hard for a place on the second team bench. He will have to recapture his youth and over come his diabetes if he is to push for a first team spot. However, I am sure he will simply rely on injuries to be back in the 1st team by default. Leading the numbers in giving away penalties last season the squad will hope the weight loss will allow him to keep on his feet this season and not simply fall on rucks all year. He really struggled in the scrum last season with most of the young lads and even a few of the colts showing him up in live scrummaging sessions so hope fully he has been doing some strength training other than working the jaw. A combination of the big fat prop, chubby little hooker and Robbo will not cause any teams problems this season, I feel any referee may take pity on them and will spend most of the games uncontested to save their blushes.

The chubby little hooker will have spent the season getting fat whilst fielding on the boundary (at deep square leg, next to the burger van). With a batting average of just 3.4 this season he has not had to spend much time running between the wickets, so is pluming up nicely to combine for a heavy weight reserve front row.

Apparently the old man hooker is coming to the end of a mediocre career. Now in his deep late 30's he is unable to raise his small arms above his head, so throwing at the line out (his only skill) will now not be an option. I see him only being able to manage 10-15 mins a game. The chubby little hooker is in for a long season.

On a better note their illustrious captain has spent the summer working on his already top notch game. With him playing they will be an unbeatable force this season. Apparently his leaderships skill are second to none and he inspires even the poorest players in the dressing room to play their best. His comparisons to Sergio Parisse are well deserved.

Offline Gums

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 10:09:30 PM »
This season should be more challenging, cant see there been a run away leader this season. Knottingley, leeds Corinthians, harrogate, will definitely be in with a shout for promotion but cant write of a few other teams. Cant wait for it to start good luck everyone. Utw

Offline Mr big d

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 05:27:28 PM »
If the worms continue the way they went at end of last season they should be in for a shout of winning league and cant look past the ones that also came from league above

Offline Mud pig

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2019, 07:03:35 PM »
The worms should win this league. If they carry their form from the 2nd half of last season they should walk it. My top 2 will be knotts followed by ensians, Harrogate will bottle it and try and play safe in too many games and ca$ have no backbone and are too inconsistent! Roll on the season!

Much love from the mud pig

Offline Locked Out

• Forum old hand
  • One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2019, 09:49:30 AM »
Be good to get Knottla back in Y2. It would certainly liven up the Banter!