$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Pre Season Rumours / League Predictions

Pre Season Rumours / League Predictions

This is a discussion for the topic Pre Season Rumours / League Predictions on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Pre Season Rumours / League Predictions  (Read 7622 times)

6Gears

• Finding my feet
on: July 31, 2019, 09:32:57 AM
With the preseason friendly's fast approaching, is anyone willing to stick their neck out and have crack at predicting this years Yorkshire 2 league table?

I have not heard too many rumours this year with regards to marque signings, however i do understand that Northallertons captain has gone to York?

Does anyone know of any other movements in Yorkshire 2?

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 04:00:14 PM
Can't comment on predicted placing, but Ripon going hell for leather in pre-season, with new look coaching team enticing big numbers to fun packed sessions. Expect the usual balance of youth and experience on the pitch and a quick and sustainable start from the blocks.

Locked Out

Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 04:06:30 PM
Oh, as far as Northallerton skipper going to York is concerned, it would be good to get confirmation from a reliable source. Is anyone from Northallerton allowed on here?

I'd rather be in t'sunshine!

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 04:15:05 PM
I can confirm our(Norths) Captain from last season, is giving it a go at a higher level at York.
If it doesn’t work out he is always welcome back home.
You can’t knock someone for trying to better themselves.
And before anyone says - no money was involved ????

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 06:56:42 PM
Jonny Moore and Matt Speres have joined Wharfedale, they go with our thanks and best wishes, disappointing to lose two excellent players but highlights the difficulty we have in team building in our rural area!

AndyRobbo

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 11:44:40 PM
Joined Wharfdale 2nds ? Surely they would prefer to play in Yorkshire 2 ? Strange !

Ribb Exile in Lancs

Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 02:37:46 AM
 My thoughts entirely Andy, I can't see them breaking into the Wharfedale 1st team squad. But they think they can  so good luck to them.

Sheeptownlad

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 09:40:16 AM
To be fair they should have gone straight up to Wharfedale when they left Skipton, I don't think they've left it too late and I think both would be more than capable of playing for Wharfedale 1s

6Gears

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 10:48:54 AM
Oh, as far as Northallerton skipper going to York is concerned, it would be good to get confirmation from a reliable source. Is anyone from Northallerton allowed on here?

I think the article on York RUFC website is a pretty reliable source  ;D

I genuinely think this season will be extremely close both at the top and bottom of the league. if you take last season league table as a starting point then no doubt Wath and Northallerton will look to have a strong season again, maybe promotion candidates?

Are Yarnbury sleeping giants / dark horses ? given that Leos got promoted last season and moortown in Y1, there maybe some quality players available?

How will old Rish do in there first season back in Y2? When Ribb came down there was alot of noise about them bouncing straight back up. i think people dont realise how tough Y2 is. 

ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 09:57:47 PM
Matt Speres will be 1st choice hooker at Dale come Sept

neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
  • A little respect please...
Reply #10 on: August 13, 2019, 11:01:47 AM

I think the article on York RUFC website is a pretty reliable source  ;D

I genuinely think this season will be extremely close both at the top and bottom of the league. if you take last season league table as a starting point then no doubt Wath and Northallerton will look to have a strong season again, maybe promotion candidates?

Are Yarnbury sleeping giants / dark horses ? given that Leos got promoted last season and moortown in Y1, there maybe some quality players available?

How will old Rish do in there first season back in Y2? When Ribb came down there was alot of noise about them bouncing straight back up. i think people dont realise how tough Y2 is.
Not just a question of how good, bad or indifferent Y 2 is. Clubs relegated often loose a lot of players especially if there is money involved. OR have lost at least 3 influential players that I know of so probably more gone hope their much vaunted junior production line works.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:06:25 AM by neverplayedstandoff »
Y1 Pundits league winner 2010/11 seems a long time ago

Flunker

• Finding my feet
Reply #11 on: August 13, 2019, 01:15:00 PM
I think Rish will be straight back up and I'll be surprised if they don't top the table.  They'll be a bit more organised and the slightly easier fixtures will mean less "injuries".  Don't think some of their boys like it when the going gets tough, some of their best performances came from their clubmen!

Locked Out

Reply #12 on: August 13, 2019, 07:39:15 PM
Wath and Northallerton the promotion hopefuls? Interesting prospect and clearly one which favours the large bearded chaps and long range kicking. So much for developing the game.

I'm sure Rish will settle back into the murky depths of Y2 for a while and not sure where the easier fixtures might be? If Ribb couldn't manage it, well... oh and looking forward to welcoming Leos back for the next season.

A final nod to N'ton skipper's move to York. Always in favour of onwards and upwards. Was it however, just to get out of wearing one of those horrible stripey blazers?

Ribb Exile in Lancs

Reply #13 on: August 14, 2019, 01:03:57 AM
To be fair they  should have gone straight up to Wharfedale when they left Skipton, I don't think they've left it too late and I think both would be more than capable of playing for Wharfedale 1s

When they joined us Wharfedale were in National One with a very strong squad, no way would they have played first team in that squad. Matt Speres may still do it but unfortunately seems to be injured every other week.

Bastion

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 06:50:37 PM
I can confirm north Capt. Has moved on , only because he did not want to play ripon again with their impartial touch judge!???? Hope this clears things up clapped out.