$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; New Season 2019 -2020

New Season 2019 -2020

This is a discussion for the topic New Season 2019 -2020 on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: New Season 2019 -2020  (Read 4246 times)

Broughton

• Finding my feet
on: August 15, 2019, 02:14:14 PM
It feels like it's been a long summer, but the wait is almost over... our next rugby matches are within touching distance !.

After Moortown's well deserved promotion as champions , lets hope it's another competitive season in which all teams are capable of beating each other.

May I extend a warm welcome to our new teams in the division. Its been over 20 years since I played Goole and Leos, so it will be interesting to see how they settle into Yorkshire 1.  I recall Leos having a big pitch, with long grass and a great bath !

Good Luck....here's to some exciting rugby !

davie

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 12:04:09 PM
Incredibly quiet . Are all clubs keeping their powder dry?

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 11:42:38 PM
Here in Calderdale everything is very quiet. Nothing much coming out of Heath which is unusual, and Brods pre-season is very quiet although they have a new backs coach, an Old Brod returning from Leeds (sorry Yorkshire) Carnegie, otherwise a visit to Wharfdale is the only notable thing in their diary, which from what I can gather is more important for the camping weekend away than the rugby, but who knows? Crossleyans also seem to be playing their cards very close to their chests with little information about the coming season, which suggests that the challenge from the 3 Calderdale clubs might be quite formidable this season, so opponents be aware. From my experience when there's nobody spouting about how good they are that's when the opposition need to take note.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 10:51:21 PM
FT:  Wharfedale Foresters 19 Old Brodleians 15

Sounds like the camping took precedent over the rugby at Grassington for Brods, anyone any feedback?

Heath take to the turf tomorrow against Middlesbrough in the Yorkshire Shield so that should be interesting, worth an early season watch me thinks.

Still nothing coming out of North Dean so we'll have to see what secrets Crocs have been keeping.

Enjoy your rugby wherever it is!
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!