$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 07.09.19 (with predictions competition)

Predictions 07.09.19 (with predictions competition)

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions 07.09.19 (with predictions competition) on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Predictions 07.09.19 (with predictions competition)  (Read 5315 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: September 01, 2019, 02:38:00 PM
Here we go with the 1st week of the season. A reminder on how the predictions competition works:
- Pick 6 results out of the 7 games to predict. This is so people don’t have to bet on their own team but can if they want to.
- Pick one result as your joker to be worth double points (no restrictions on how often you can pick one team)
- You can predict a draw if you want.
- Add a couple of comments as to why you’ve made your predictions to keep some level of banter.
- If you miss a week here and there you'll be automatically given whatever the lowest score was that week.

Predictions below please. Highlight in bold or comment your winning team. Put a J for your joker. I’ll post first below as a demo. Any questions or queries just post below and I'll answer.

Here's the fixtures:
Halifax Vandals v Baildon
Knottingley v Harrogate Pythons
Leeds Corinthians v Ossett
Rotherham Phoenix v Aireborough
Sheffield Medics v Hemsworth
Skipton v Old Otliensians
Wibsey v Castleford

gateprop

Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 02:39:44 PM
Halifax Vandals v Baildon – both teams that struggled at times last season and will be looking to hit the ground running this year. Will go with home advantage.
Knottingley v Harrogate Pythons – no prediction here. Will have to be at our very best to get a result against a Knottingley side unbeaten in 2019 and that beat us 3 times last year.
Leeds Corinthians v Ossett – both teams promoted into Y3 last season did very well and with Ossett and Wibsey dominating Y4 you’d expect them both to be very competitive. Chance for Ossett to make an instant impression but Corinthians very strong at home and will be looking to improve on a 4th place finish themselves.
Rotherham Phoenix v Aireborough – interesting one this. Rotherham fell away towards the end of last season and Aire saved from relegation by reshufflings higher up the leagues. Home win.
Sheffield Medics v Hemsworth (J) – Medics generally whipping boys in their games before the students are all back so chance for Hemsworth to pick up a big away win.
Skipton v Old Otliensians – Otliensians struggled last year but if they’ve retained the majority of the squad that went up 2 years ago they’ll be up around the top again this year. Skipton massively inconsistent last year but generally better at home. Will go an away win.
Wibsey v Castleford – as with Ossett, Wibsey will want to put a marker down straight away and Cas didn’t travel too well last year. Home win.

Gums

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 03:03:40 PM
Vandals
Corinthians Joker
Knottingley
Hemsworth
Old otliensians
Rotherham
Good luck to all teams.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 03:45:53 PM by Gums »

gateprop

Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 03:13:31 PM
Vandals
Corinthians
Knottingley
Hemsworth
Old otliensians
Rotherham
Good luck to all teams.

Who's your Joker?

MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 07:56:10 PM
Baildon
Corinthians J
Rotherham
Hemsworth
Wibsey
Old Otliensians

thorne 123

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 10:13:14 PM

Halifax Vandals
Harrogate Pythons
Leeds Corinthians
Rotherham Phoenix ( joker)
Sheffield Medics
Skipton
Castleford
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 04:15:24 PM by thorne 123 »

ClbNrg

• Legend
Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 07:14:44 AM
Halifax Vandals v Baildon - Vandals is a tough spot to go and get a result so going with a home win but I think Baildon could do much better this year.
Knottingley v Harrogate Pythons - To my memory Knottingly do not start seasons very well but do tend to finish strongly. Harrogate will be up for this one to put last season right so away win.
Leeds Corinthians v Ossett - Remember Corinthians being a tough place to go so based on that home win.
Rotherham Phoenix v Aireborough - I dont recall Aire travelling well so home win again.
Sheffield Medics v Hemsworth J - Student teams great during term time but struggle outside of those times. Away win for me.
Skipton v Old Otliensians - No prediction.
Wibsey v Castleford - Talk about Wibsey picking up some B and B players and they will breeze this league this year? A win against Cas would set the tone.

Good luck all.

Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 10:39:40 AM
Halifax Vandals v Baildon   -   Not predicting my own team, but things are looking ok so far based on pre-season. Brand new coaching team has really got the lads engaged and keen again. Couple of new additions too. Hoping for a better season than the last couple.

Knottingley v Harrogate Pythons   -   Knottingley to continue the form from the end of last season. Knottingley by 14.

Leeds Corinthians v Ossett   -   Good time to play Corinthians. they'll still be missing their RL boys for a few more weeks. Ossett had a good season in getting promoted last year, so I'm going for an Ossett win by 7.

Rotherham Phoenix v Aireborough   -   Aire lucky to stay up last year. Glad they did though, decent set of young lads coming through who probably just need another season or two to become really competitive. Think Roth will have too much for them though. Roth Phoenix by 21. JOKER

Sheffield Medics v Hemsworth   -   No idea with this one! Are the students back at uni yet? Student teams usually struggle early on, so I'll guess at an away win for Hemsworth by 14.

Skipton v Old Otliensians   -   Otliensians will have way too much for Skipton. Think it could be Skipton and Aireborough for the drop this year. Going with Otliensians by 30.

Wibsey v Castleford   -   Been hearing all sorts about Wibsey throwing some serious coin around this summer! You never know whether stories like that are true or just a load of waffle, but they seem to have recruited a few from Bradford Salem and absolutely blitzed Y4 last year, so I reckon they'll be targeting going straight through 3 and upto 2 this year. Tough one to call, Cas can be very hit and miss, but I'm going with Wibsey by 10.

Good luck to everyone. Everyone says it every year, but it really does look like it could be a very competitive league this year!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 11:30:20 AM by Jimmy85 »

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 11:18:11 AM
Halifax Vandals v Baildon - Vandals is a hard place to go but probably the nicest time to go weather wise. Baildon can give anyone a hard time on their day, Vandals in a close one.
Knottingley v Harrogate Pythons - Always a close game with us two and think this will be no different, I'm sure Gate are ready to push for promotion again and hopefully we can get an early win on Saturday, we'll see!
Leeds Corinthians v Ossett - Never seen Ossett so can't judge them but Corinthians are a good team so fancy them at home especially.
Rotherham Phoenix v Aireborough - Rotherham started well last year then the wheels fell off and Aire just had a bad year all round, going to tip Roth for a home win.
Sheffield Medics v Hemsworth JOKER - Who knows with the Medics but I'd say Hemsworth with it being early term time.
Skipton v Old Otliensians - Skipton can beat anyone at home but I think Ensians will be looking to bounce straight back so think they'll win here.
Wibsey v Castleford - Again never seen Wibsey but hearing of new signings and going unbeaten last year tells me they'll be a favourite this year, Cas are no slouches though.

Lost Welshman

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 08:14:14 PM
Cheers for setting up and running it GateProp!!

Halifax Vandals v Baildon - I’ve never played Vandels but based on last season
Knottingley v Harrogate  Pythons - should be a good battle, see if Birds boys can push on this season
Leeds Corinthians v Ossett - should be a tough game, but we’ll have too much
Rotherham Phoenix joker v Aireborough - Phoenix are a strong team, and at home is a tough game for Aire BnB to start
Sheffield Medics v Hemsworth - no students back yet, so how can they get a team out?!?! Haha
Skipton v Old Otliensians - no prediction
Wibsey v Castleford - A real battle of the league boys, that’ll play into the Wibsey game plan no doubt (pick and go round the ruck, then a midfield runner or Robbo’s boot, it worked last season to be fair

Chunky yet funky

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 07:10:59 AM
Halifax Vandals
Harrogate Pythons
Ossett - Joker
Rotherham Phoenix
Hemsworth
Skipton
Castleford

Dropped It

• Forum old hand
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 08:57:23 AM
Wibsey v Castleford

Oldtwohats

• Finding my feet
Reply #12 on: September 03, 2019, 10:52:08 AM
Rotherham Phoenix ( Joker ) v Aireborough
Skipton v Old Otliensians[/b]
Wibsey v Castleford

AndyRobbo

• Finding my feet
Reply #13 on: September 03, 2019, 11:57:39 AM

Quality 2

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: September 03, 2019, 12:44:51 PM
Vandals by 10; both teams excel in the thin air to be found at their grounds so kicking a premium
Pythons by 7; could be scrappy as both teams will be without their polo playing contingents
Ossett by 7; haven’t seen either team for a while so considered Beachy’s post & reversed it
Phoenix by 14+; Aireborough to struggle this year, especially as i hear that their pitch has gotten new drainage, which will confuse the Aireborough forwards. JOKER
Hemsworth by 14+; students still on rag week so will chuck an away game this early on in the campaign
Wibsey by 7; Cas decent at home but early season win for Wibsey may set a marker for all others

Good luck & look forward to seeing you all at sometime