$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 1 Banter

Week 1 Banter

This is a discussion for the topic Week 1 Banter on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Week 1 Banter  (Read 2424 times)

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
on: September 01, 2019, 04:57:25 PM
Now the predictions are flooding in quick and fast, time to see what we really think?

Brawno v County Set - Despite allegedly losing personnel to bigger and better things, North will just about edge this. Barnsley desperate to avoid last season's mess, but unless they have recruited well, could be another long hard season. Northallerton not to get too cocky early on though.

Poo Boys v Yawno - A summer of doggy-do fertilization will make the playing surface at Apperley very lush, if not a little smelly. Visitors' mercurial runners will be lost in the jungle and maybe even slowed down by the odd undetected turd. A narrow home win and Yarnbury demanding all OG's fixtures revert the the school AGP.

Bog Trotters v Sheep Sha**ers - Welcome back to Thornensians. A long journey from the shelter of the Dales and no shelter from the "Thorne Massive", who will be out in force (unless it's raining) to constructively criticize any error and question the impartiality of the referee if anything goes against them. Could be a hearty home win.

Cheesy Wotsits v Farmers - Welcome to the dizzy heights of Level 8 to Wensleydale, hope the intricacies of EMCs and playing on here don't interfere too much with the dry stone walling and milk production? A difficult one to predict here with both Ripon 1sts and 2nds travelling up t'dale, so perhaps a lot of posturing on and off the pitch. Have to go with heart and say Ripon's pre season fitness programme bodes well and retaining much of last year's squad will doubtless enable a solid away "Blue Rinse".

England v Snoozers - Perhaps the most boring game of the season between the two most boring sides on the biggest pitch in the world. They could almost get two games going and nobody would notice or care. Draw.

Slimmers World v Pie Men - Assuming personnel remain unaltered, could be the usual clash of clean shaven big boys versus bearded  big boys? Ever keen to maintain cordial relations with local sides, will go for a modest home win, but it won't be pretty.

Wheatos v Used to be Fiji, not sure any more - Much investment will have been made in Rish bouncing back up, but after last season, suspect WH have more to regain on the pitch. Plus that swanky new clubhouse extension must be destined for greater levels that Y2. A narrow home win.

Here's to a cracking season for all and may the best teams win.

DrRuck

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 08:32:50 AM
Brawn - County; Barnsley off to a slow start and North to keep momentum going off the M1 to a big away win.

Poo Boys - Yawn; Yarnbury confused by the lack of magic carpet, however Grrroves with un-availabilities due to ongoing cricket season. In the 'post-Bob Hood era' Yawn show they can do more than catch and drive, narrow away win.

Thorne Massive - Shepherds; Thorne to bully Rib on and off the pitch in a narrow home win. Wheels stolen off the away team bus to add insult to injury.

Cheesevalley - Ripoff; Ripon to enjoy a days outing on the undulating farmers field and show 'dale the step up to Y2 - away win.

Sycamores - Nytol; Roundhegians to fall asleep in the clubhouse before kick-off before they can bore the crowd with their rugby, no result.

Big and Round - Bigger and Rounder; Game abandoned after 20 mins after neither team took part in any pre-season activities. Match decided by pie eating competition.

Ch££rios - Ri$h; Battle of the money men. Home advantage to pay dividends, official result tbc - pending investigation from HMRC.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 01:37:57 AM
Thorne v Shepherds
A difficult start for Ribb, long away trip for us first up, Cricketers not available (Probably effects most clubs) Lost top players to Wharfedale, have promising youngsters & an over 50s prop but could be a difficult season. Northallerton & Ripon my tips for the top.

6Gears

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 09:41:06 AM
Thorne v Shepherds
A difficult start for Ribb, long away trip for us first up, Cricketers not available (Probably effects most clubs) Lost top players to Wharfedale, have promising youngsters & an over 50s prop but could be a difficult season. Northallerton & Ripon my tips for the top.

Have Ripon recruited? going off last year and maybe some players developing i can see them mid table and no higher.

My predictions:

Brawno v County Set - Despite not liking either team, i have a feeling that North may put on a big score here and Barnsley will contiune their decline into Yorkshire 3.

Poo Boys v Yawno - Not heard much about either team over the summer, however given that alot of "leeds" based teams seem to be climbing the leagues such as leos and Moortown, im unsure whether the recruitment policy would have worn off on Yawno and theyve decided to offer free taxis too.  Purely based on Yawno being the travelling team, im going for Groves narrow home win.

Bog Trotters v Sheep Sha**ers - Well we all know how welcoming Thorne is to visiting teams  ::), im fearing the worst for North Ribb this season, maybe be a long tough season to stay in this league given players have left. Home win and will now doubt take great pleasure in celebrating it too.

Cheesy Wotsits v Farmers - We have all seen it plenty of times when teams come up as champions from Yrk 3 and the momentum carry's them for the first few weeks. Im going for a convincing home win.

England v Snoozers - No doubt that this will probably be the least entertaining game of the weekend, also i dont really care but lets go for a surprise away win.

Slimmers World v Pie Men - As per my prediction last season, this will all come down to whos managed to loose the most at weight watchers over the summer and whos set piece is function the best on the day. Who ever wins the scrum in this fixture will win the game. Also given recent years, it appears that the home team normally win this fixture. Wath had a good season last year but can that form continue?

Wheatos v Used to be Fiji - Will old rish do a wheatley and drop to mid table yorkshire 2 team? or will they buck the trend of recently relegated teams from yorkshire 1 and bounce straight back up? i can see both these teams being in the top half but can also see one of them challenging for promotion. im going for an away win and Rish to go straight back to yorkshire 1.

wetherbyTitan

• One of the boys
Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 12:43:05 PM
Brawno v County Set - Word has it North have lost some players in the backs, but if North still have the starting pack they'll send the Barnsley boys packing. Barnsley should be in Yorkshire 3 this year so unless they have recruited I think it will be a long season. North by a country mile

Poo Boys v Yawno - Grovians adding additional dog poo on the pitch in hope the yarnbury boys may slip up. Grovians hit and miss so will depend on who they have available, Yawno hoping the big steroid lock is in form after the summer on the gear. both to finish mid table

Thorn v sheep sha**gers - A hard place to go for the NR, the thorn supporters will be in good spirt with there knuckle dusters and bike chains. I'm expecting at least 2 red cards in this game. Ribb have lost a few players so may struggle upfront? watch out for the biting! could be a long season for NR

Cheesy MEN v Farmers - Cheese men seeing some good form last year, but then again the standard isn't to high in the depths of y3, Ripon unable to use there linemen to win them the game.... the cheese men in a thriller 

England v Snoozers - WHO CARES?

Slimmers World v Pie Men - Slimming world has seen its best attendance in many years. home ground has always seen the win in previous years. fitness will be key and will take the win. Wetherby have always used there wide pitch well against Wath I cant see that changing this time round.

Wheatos v Used to be Fiji - Wheatly finished strong the back end of last season and I can see them pushing for promotion this year. have Rish splashed the cash to go straight back up or are they actually going to use home grown talent? wheatos in a tight one