$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Opening weekend..preview

Author Topic: Opening weekend..preview  (Read 3618 times)

Offline Dark Arts Advocate

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
    • View Profile
Re: Opening weekend..preview
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2019, 02:45:25 PM »
By the way WMUN just kidding!  :) :)
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2019, 02:56:35 PM »
unfortunately or fortunately, I was unable to attend Driff at the weekend.
My understanding from the York supporters who did attend which is reflected in the match report, is that York had some gilt edged chances that they butchered and ill discipline at the death, cost them the win. With no bonus points this season teams need to learn their lessons quickly, that penalties by the definition of the word do count and can decide the outcome of the game!
Hopefully a similar all round performance but without the indiscipline may get the right result next week against a side who I think will feature very strongly this season in the promotion hunt!

Offline davie

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2019, 03:12:13 PM »
What do you mean “no bonus points this season.” Lots of teams seem to have managed to accrue some this week.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2019, 03:50:48 PM »
What's the old donkey on about "no bonus points"?

His heavy drinking lifestyle has eventually caught up with him!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2019, 06:49:50 PM »
When I checked the Yorkshire RFU website for the table, yesterday before my post, no bonus points had been awarded? I see they have now on our league. But on the Yorkshire RFU website they still don’t seem to have updated National 1 with bonus points?
Hence I thought there had been a change which in fairness, if there had I am sure the forum would have discussed its implications. Before now.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2019, 10:08:26 PM »
It seems the RFU continue to fail miserably providing the most basic requirements of a functioning and reliable results service.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline Chief Selector

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2019, 02:06:39 PM »
Hi all first time visiting Malton yesterday and it was quite a game.  Massive credit to Huddersfield for coming back into the game with the help of Malton's indiscipline. Malton looked slick and hungry in the first half not sure whether this was Huddersfield starting slowly, stood next to a chap with a Malton tie on think his name was Jim (thanks for the beer) he said the black lad is a resident South African who has a family and there is a new Australian in the pack but he mentioned most are homegrown which is nice to see.

Once Huddersfield took the five point lead with around 10 minutes to go. Malton threw nearly everything at them but every time they got into a decent scoring position squandered it by infringing at the breakdown their coach was going bonkers.  I was stood right near the lineout which wasn't (which was around 5 minutes from time), Huddersfield didn't compete and even stepped away from the maul Malton looked to set up.
Malton did transfer the ball backwards but Malton's 3 pulled the jumper away leaving the ball with the ripper at the front of the "maul".  I don't think the ref was happy about Huddersfield pulling out of the contest and spoke to both captain's about it. The ref asked for it to be retaken, I've seen something like before but that ref restarted with a scrum on the 15 with the attacking team having the put in.

Both teams then traded tackles with Malton keeping Huddersfield in their 22, A minute to go Huddersfield looked like they had it won after they won a penalty and kicked direct to touch the ref then indicated this would be the last play. The Huddersfield player then jumped highest but knocked on the Huddersfield hooker gathered from offside position. Giving Malton a chance to kick to the corner which their impressive 10 did.  An overthrown lineout landed in the arms of the 10 who made a good positive 10m, the forwards took over to draw the game level, then 10 then stepped up to win the game for Malton. Enjoyed a great day at Malton and I hope to contribute more to this forum once I get out and about.

Now on to more Yorkshire rugby health permitting i'll be at York/Morley next weekend.

Paul J

Always advisable to ask the referee in the changing room before the game when he's doing his team talk what his interpretation is of a 'passive line' out and then when its applied its not a shock..... Tends to work in my experience