$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results

Results

This is a discussion for the topic Results on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Results  (Read 7585 times)

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #15 on: September 08, 2019, 09:26:39 AM
wibsey 31- 15

cas started better with their massive 12 going on 2 barnstorming runs, the early pressure led to cas taking a 0-3 lead through a penalty.  We finally woke up and some good forwards work led to a try from our full back 5-3. The big moment of the game came in the 27min
when a lazy looking high tackle from our 10 led to a melee that resulted in our 10 and cas’s 12 seeing red. (Both correct, ref and spot on all day) this seemed to to get our lads going and we scored again through our outside center. 3-12 at half time.  The second half was very stop/start we scored through our inside centre then a full length backs move was finished off by the Zimbabwean flyer Bruce Mpofou. 24-3  cas scores 2 late tries then we got the last through another well works backs move  to finish at 31-15.

Cas were a decent enough bunch, the game was very physical but apart from the 1 incident it was played in the right spirits.  They all stopped for a drink but many chose to have a pizza with donner meat on!! Rather than the slow cooked beef stew that was free to all in the club! The big cas boys will take some beating once the weather turns wet and I’m glad the fixtures have put us against them at the start and very end of the season.

Caravanboys

• One of the boys
Reply #16 on: September 08, 2019, 07:10:44 PM
Thanks for the report.
Would of been disappointed if there wasn't a red given both clubs .
But I thought wibsey would come through given a few losses of players that Cas have had .

Mud pig

• One of the boys
Reply #17 on: September 08, 2019, 08:11:54 PM
I’m sure pommy will come on soon with his excuses, Saying that the ca$ contingent normally go missing after a loss!

utilityback91

• Finding my feet
Reply #18 on: September 08, 2019, 09:16:40 PM
Won’t be the last Red card Wibsey receive for a Melee this season, although never seems to do them any harm.

Genuinely could see them only going higher up the leagues so hopefully they let their rugby do the talking instead of tactic 1 being getting under the skin of the opposition. Their team is good enough without it.

Will be surprised if they are not up their come the end of the season with likely 0 home defeats

MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
Reply #19 on: September 08, 2019, 10:37:11 PM
By the sounds Wibsey vs the Worms will be feisty contest! Thorne came down to us last season with that tactic and left with nothing but tears and their tails between their legs ????????

• Forum old hand
Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 06:35:52 AM
I’d ignore the previous two comments MrG,( both from lads who are a little jealous that after years of gloom at wibsey we finally have a side that can challenge)  when teams play us they’ll see that we are a proper Rugby side. Saturdays game was won by the side that played better rugby and conceded less penalties. Not that either side conceded many.

utilityback91

• Finding my feet
Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 07:22:41 AM
I’m not sure tipping you to do well classifies as being jealous. I’m also glad to see you setting an example to the clubs that you were playing a couple of seasons ago who are folding.

While the tactic of getting under people’s skin is an opinion based on anyone I speak to who has played you previously. The red card stats will speak for themselves as fact if you care to share them? Even after you lost all of your high tackle yellow cards to Halifax.

• Forum old hand
Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 08:21:37 AM
16/17    0 reds

17/18 2 reds.
1 punching 1 verbals

18/19 3 reds
1 verbals
2 punching

19/20 1 red high tackle

What’s Halifax’s record over the last 4 seasons?

Too old too slow

• One of the boys
Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 09:04:25 AM
Castleford will be a hard side to beat when it's starts pissing it down and becomes a mud bath.
The big center was a handful until seeing a red card .
 If the number 8 focused on the game more rather hiding on the wing and giving the side line supporters stick the score could have been a bit closer

Mud pig

• One of the boys
Reply #24 on: September 09, 2019, 04:54:12 PM
wibsey may have been able to bully teams in seasons gone past but they’re in a league with a several teams that won’t tolerate those kinds of shenanigans! And if they do they’ll be taught a very hard and probably painful lesson!
 I’m already looking forward to this weekend fixtures, notably the local derby of Hems vs Knotts

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #25 on: September 09, 2019, 06:45:56 PM
16/17    0 reds

17/18 2 reds.
1 punching 1 verbals

18/19 3 reds
1 verbals
2 punching

19/20 1 red high tackle

What’s Halifax’s record over the last 4 seasons?

As i happen to have the figures
Halifax
17/18 - 1 RC
18/19 - 2 RC
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Lost Welshman

• One of the boys
Reply #26 on: September 09, 2019, 07:09:50 PM
How on earth you have stats like that just to hand?!?! Hahaha

Too old too slow

• One of the boys
Reply #27 on: September 09, 2019, 07:49:27 PM
How on earth you have stats like that just to hand?!?! Hahaha
I think they are what might be called nerds