$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 14.09.19

Author Topic: Predictions 14.09.19  (Read 1552 times)

Offline gateprop

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Predictions 14.09.19
« on: September 10, 2019, 08:16:36 AM »
Here we go with the 2nd week of the season. A reminder on how the predictions competition works:
- Pick 6 results out of the 7 games to predict. This is so people don’t have to bet on their own team but can if they want to.
- Pick one result as your joker to be worth double points (no restrictions on how often you can pick one team)
- You can predict a draw if you want.
- Add a couple of comments as to why you’ve made your predictions to keep some level of banter.
- If you miss a week here and there you'll be automatically given whatever the lowest score was that week.

Predictions below please. Highlight in bold or comment your winning team. Put a J for your joker. I’ll post first below as a demo. Any questions or queries just post below and I'll answer.

Aireborough v Halifax Vandals
Baildon v Castleford
Harrogate Pythons v Rotherham Phoenix
Hemsworth v Knottingley
Leeds Corinthians v Wibsey
Old Otliensians v Sheffield Medics
Ossett v Skipton

Offline Too old too slow

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions 14.09.19
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 08:34:57 AM »
VANDALS to beat aireborough, the fax experience to show
CASTLEFORD to beat baildon, the fatter pack to win it
HARROGATE to beat Rotherham, always have better team when playing at home
HEMSWORTH to beat knottingley, will be real close could be a draw
OSSETT to beat Skipton ( joker), the long journey will take it's toll

Offline Mud pig

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 08:47:31 AM »
Going to back Aire here at home, pack vs pack

Baildon v Ca$
Shock result of the week Baildon to earn their first win, I’ve seen on here the ca$ Money pots running low
Not going to predict this but if gates backs play like they did last weekend Rotherham could steal it

Hemsworth v Knotts
Going for an away win and the worm locomotive to keep on rolling

We will see what wibsey are made of in this game, can see plenty of breaks given if they try their bully tactics against the Yorkshire cup runners up. Home win
Old Otliensians J v Sheffield Medics
Should be a routine home win

Ossett v Skipton
Home win

Offline Gums

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 11:25:38 AM »
Baildon
Harrogate
Knottingley jokers
Leeds Corinthians
Old otliensians
Ossett

Offline Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 11:51:03 AM »
Aireborough v Halifax Vandals   -   Not predicting. The game will definitely be more than just pack v pack though. Vandals backs looking pretty sharp last week and during pre-season.

Baildon v Castleford   -   Baildon were a decent side last week. Came back at us very strongly in the 2nd half. Some useful looking backs recruited during the summer that they either didn't seem to use effectively, or luckily for us, who made errors at crucial times. Cas are always hit and miss, so going with home advantage on this one.

Harrogate Pythons v Rotherham Phoenix   -   Both capable sides on their day. Could go either way, so just going with home advantage again.

Hemsworth v Knottingley   -   Expected Hemsworth to hammer the students last week with it being so early in the Uni term, so not sure who was missing a few or at full strength? Knottingley seem to be well back by a few on here and finished strong last season, so I'll go with an away win.

Leeds Corinthians v Wibsey   -   Bet this will be a great one to referee! Sound to be similar in style so expect it to be a physical, abrasive game. Wibsey Salem sound to have done the better recruiting, so I'll back them for an away win.

Old Otliensians v Sheffield Medics   -   Probably going to be the exact opposite of the Corinthians v Wibsey game. Expect it to be fast paced and free-flowing. Could be a high scorer if both attacks play to their potential. Still early in the term, so I'm gonna back OO's for a home win with a JOKER.

Ossett v Skipton   -   No idea. I'll go Ossett.

Good luck to everyone.

Offline ClbNrg

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 12:46:40 PM »
Aireborough v Halifax Vandals JOKER - Vandals for me. I have a feeling Aire may struggle this season.

Baildon v Castleford - Baildon to win at home and get a better season started.

Harrogate Pythons v Rotherham Phoenix - Pythons to have too much at home for Roth.

Hemsworth v Knottingley - Could be a feisty one! Knotts away based on last weeks Hems result (unless the students made the effort and came back early?)

Leeds Corinthians v Wibsey - Another bruiser! Wibsey to keep the push on but I think it will be very tough for them.

Old Otliensians v Sheffield Medics - No prediction but a somewhat rusty performance (from both teams) last week. I think we will need to be better this week as the students are always fit and fast!

Ossett v Skipton - Skip were missing a few for us last week, depends if the absentees return. Going for a home win.

Good luck all.

Offline MrG

• Finding my feet
  • UTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 02:10:52 PM »
Halifax
Baildon
Harrowgate
Knottingley J
Ossett
Wibsey

Offline AndyRobbo

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 02:34:28 PM »
Baildon v Castleford
Hemsworth v Knottingley
Ossett v Skipton

Offline Water Boy

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 05:21:36 PM »
Baildon v Castleford
Hemsworth v Knottingley (joker)
Ossett v Skipton

Offline Oldtwohats

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 06:17:29 PM »
Vandals (joker)
Baildon
Knottingley
Corinthians
Otliensians
Ossett

Sorry no banter but good luck everyone and safe rugby!

Offline Lost Welshman

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 10:08:45 PM »
Aireborough v Halifax Vandals - not predicting
Baildon v Castleford - could be an interesting game if their backs open up (both)
Harrogate Pythons v Rotherham  Phoenix - this will help decide the placings at the top come the end of the season
Hemsworth v Knottingley -Knotts to bully and power over the line!
Leeds Corinthians v Wibsey - Oooo going to be a tasty game, will be won by the team that keeps the most players on the field
Old Otliensians v Sheffield Medics - joker wonder when the freshers will start coming through??
Ossett v Skipton - a tough game at Corinthians last week will come out on Saturday with all pace blazing

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 11:27:58 PM »
Aireborough v Halifax Vandals - I'm going out on a limb. Don't usually bet on my own team but some of the fixtures are hard to call and I prefer to rely on my team to get a result than any other.

Baildon v Castleford - Not seen Cas. But I have seen Baildon. They're not the side of last season.

Harrogate Pythons v Rotherham Phoenix - Can't call it.

Hemsworth v Knottingley - Are the worms the team to beat? They can try prove it again and get me some more points.

Leeds Corinthians v Wibsey - Again Wibsey can get me a prediction point and show off their credentials.

Old Otliensians v Sheffield Medics - Good win for Medics last week. Think Ensians will have too much.

Ossett v Skipton - Coin flip decision.

Offline Beachy

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 10:09:12 AM »
Aireborough v Halifax Vandals - Not a great start for Aire but they have some young talented players who can be dangerous, still think Vandals will edge it.
Baildon v Castleford - Baildon is never a nice place to go and it sounds like they're on the up, should be close though.
Harrogate Pythons v Rotherham Phoenix - Very close one to call after last weeks results, but think Harrogate will be wanting to right their wrongs straight away.
Hemsworth v Knottingley - Unfortunately out for a while with the knee so get to enjoy this one from the sidelines with a pint, should be a cracker as it always is. We want to push on from last week and Hems will be wanting to get one over on us.
Leeds Corinthians v Wibsey - Another good match up both starting with wins, don't know who to pick so chancing my arm with Wibsey.
Old Otliensians J v Sheffield Medics - This is a lung bursting fixture no doubt, would expect it to be a fast paced affair, Ensians at home though.
Ossett v Skipton - Ossett only just lost to Leeds away so I'm banking on them getting a win at home to Skipton who I can never predict, they'll probably win now.

Offline thorne 123

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 03:20:00 PM »

Baildon
Harrogate Pythons ( joker )
Knottingley 
Leeds Corinthians
Old Otliensians
Ossett
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 03:14:14 PM by thorne 123 »