$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 3 Scores

Week 3 Scores

This is a discussion for the topic Week 3 Scores on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Week 3 Scores  (Read 2785 times)

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: September 21, 2019, 08:45:36 AM
Last night at Yarnbury on the AGP Yarnbury 34 (5) Ripon 23 (3).

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 05:08:11 PM
Old Grovians 0 Old Rishworthians 85 (13 tries)

Johnsman

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 09:50:15 AM
Just to put the Grovians v Rishworthians  result into perspective. Yes OR were very good - backs slick and fast, forwards dominated the set piece scrums. If OR don't win the league I will be surprised,  by far the best side OG have played in last 12 months. However, OG had five players from last weeks win over Barnsley at a wedding and only 18 fit players to pick from. One of those got injured in the warm up. By half time both OG replacements were on for injurys, After five minutes of second half OG full back was injured in trying to tackle try scorer when colliding with a post. OG played last 35 minutes with 14. OG had a not fully fit replacement hooker who stayed on. OG's move on to next week when we probably have 25-30 players available?!

NEYorkshireman

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 11:07:35 AM
Managed to squeeze 2 games in this weekend starting with the 'Friday night under Lights' Yarnbury v Ripon match.

I thought Ripon came out of the blocks hard in the first 20, but after weathering the storm Yarnbury then found space and gaps for fun as the away team seemed to lose interest and Yarnbury grew in confidence as the game progressed. Slick handling and set-piece moves from the Yarnbury back line seemed to be the biggest factor in opening up the Ripon defence which will make interesting watching when Rish visit next weekend having scored 13 tries on Saturday.

The second game was Grovians against Rish which nobody could have predicted from the outset.

Although OG seemed to be depleted in some areas, this was a game were Rish put a complete performance together. Solid set-piece and go forward ball from the forwards gave the exciting Rish backline plenty of opportunities and take them they did! Although OG battled on the game was pretty much over after the the 40 minute mark but if Rish can string these type of performances together consistently then they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Difficult to establish who the movers and shakers are going to be in Y2 just yet with results being so varied???