$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores and review 5 October

Scores and review 5 October

This is a discussion for the topic Scores and review 5 October on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Scores and review 5 October  (Read 10145 times)

Oldandslow

• A little respect please...
Reply #15 on: October 08, 2019, 08:12:03 AM
For 60 minutes at Ponte it looked like Ponte could win. Ponte are getting players back which made them look a competitive side. It was only in the last 20 minutes that Heaths power play finally began to overcome Ponte. Think the score flattered Heath.

On today’s showing I expect Ponte to start to clime the table and be comfortably in mid table. Think Heath are top four but on today’s showing not top two.

Unfortunately for Ponte it is an 80 minute game. Perhaps if they could convince the rfu to reduce it to 60 mins they could push for promotion. However they are starting to find their feet and I’m sure they will stay up. Heath are also starting to find their rhythm, not having a proper pre season game has resulted in a slower start than expected. Looking forward to next weeks game against Brid.

Woody you may be looking forward to Brid on Saturday but the week after When Heath travel to Beverley looks a massive game. Having seen both sides this season will be a fascinating game Beverleys fluid running game v Heaths power game. One for any neutral to watch and too close to call.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 08:17:37 AM by Oldandslow »

NEYorkshireman

• Finding my feet
Reply #16 on: October 08, 2019, 12:24:08 PM
Now that sounds like an interesting tit-bit...care to shed more light??

I could not possibly lower myself to mention specific club names but I'm sure it will become all too apparent once you recognise players who were once playing for a neighbouring club the previous year. 

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #17 on: October 08, 2019, 12:56:26 PM
I'll add a further clue.

New alligators

Picked up a few relegated from y1 last year and are scratching their heads as to why they've got poor results.

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #18 on: October 09, 2019, 05:00:42 PM
It’s obviously a Halifax Club.

neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
Reply #19 on: October 11, 2019, 02:57:07 PM
There is only one with poor results.

Go on Fredsbar you know who it is don’t you?
Y1 Pundits league winner 2010/11 seems a long time ago

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #20 on: October 11, 2019, 10:29:46 PM
Although only 5 games have been played this season I can only see this being a 3 horse race between Brods, Beverley and Heath this year with the same old faces of Hullensians and Keighley scrapping it out at the bottom.

Interesting to see a club who are still intent on attracting players to Y1 through pre-paid cheques already losing more games than they have won...is this to do with the new transfer window players still needing to gel or the curse of the 'brown envelope handshake' still happening regardless of W or L on the scoresheet  :o

A little birdie tells me Crocs have got their act together (not sure if brown envelopes are part of the cast) and fancy their chances against Brods tomorrow. A couple of ex Brods in the front row so me thinks things might be a bit tasty so going to make sure I have a front seat. Watch this space!
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Premier3

• Finding my feet
Reply #21 on: October 12, 2019, 09:27:10 AM
Thought the Hudds front row was from Brods nowadays  - guess crocs  splash the cash and got some more Brods lads ?? could be worth a trip to watch

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #22 on: October 12, 2019, 09:41:44 AM
Thought the Hudds front row was from Brods nowadays  - guess crocs  splash the cash and got some more Brods lads ?? could be worth a trip to watch

Yes that was what I thought, probably my little bird winding me up after a couple too many sherbets, but he sounded convincing.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #23 on: October 12, 2019, 09:44:44 AM
He is winding you up!

No brods at crocs tomorrow. It would go against their strict policy of signing players that have been recently relegated with one of their neighbours.

avinastella

Reply #24 on: October 12, 2019, 09:52:04 AM

Yes that was what I thought, probably my little bird winding me up after a couple too many sherbets, but he sounded convincing.
Never mind that, get your predictions done. Letting the side down.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Premier3

• Finding my feet
Reply #25 on: October 12, 2019, 10:35:15 AM
early for me- did them last night ?? 

avinastella

Reply #26 on: October 12, 2019, 11:08:56 AM
early for me- did them last night ??
You did. No extra points though.  :)
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
Reply #27 on: October 12, 2019, 11:13:11 AM
Seems none of you know.
His last club that he signed for was Heath before that Vandals, he may have signed for both of them but never played. So until he laces up his boots?
Last played for YM and before that several seasons at Heath.
Make no mistake he is a quality loosehead but never got about the field much and is now several seasons older.
Be interesting to see him and his old tighthead mate go toe to toe at Heath.
Y1 Pundits league winner 2010/11 seems a long time ago