$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores

Author Topic: Scores  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Dropkicker

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Scores
« on: October 12, 2019, 04:26:28 PM »
York 49 Cleck 29

Offline Memory_Man

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Re: Scores
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 04:37:48 PM »
Town 29-23 PP (4 tries to 2)

Offline Silverroyd seat warmer

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 04:56:05 PM »
West Hartlepool 25 - 29 Scarborough.
Good result boys.

Offline maltyjruggers

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 07:47:33 PM »
Durham 23-20 Bees

Brief summary, Bees should have had the game wrapped up by half time but let 2/3 scoring opportunities go. 2nd half red card made life difficult. Durham good enough to hold on.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 08:23:17 PM »
Brilliant win for Scarborough and the ability for this squad to dig deep and find a result never fails to amaze me. Its not a team of superstars but a squad of about 30 players who all know what they are doing because they are excellently coached. The team were horrendously disrupted with concussions (interesting story behind how our centre got concussed last week but I'll save that for the lunch tables), injuries and unavailability... but (as has been the case for two years) whichever combination of 18 players are selected they give it 100%. I doubt we will go up and we will lose plenty of matches but none will be because of lack of effort or organisation.

Enjoyed the visit to West and found their officials to be very welcoming and friendly. They've done well to resurrect themselves from the ashes of the professional club - I didn't realise that the Pro West had actually gone bust.

My heart sank when I saw that yet again a visit to the North East led to a match being refereed by a local referee. First name basis with the West coaches , after West went two tries up was overhead by our Physio saying to the opposition "they don't like losing much" - out of interest who does?? I won't comment any further as it wouldn't be appropriate but I LOVE YORKSHIRE REFS!

Happy to still be top but the One Real Jugg - the sparkling magnificent highly tuned Jugg - the 0 to 60 in 3 seconds Jugg...is well and truly back after smashing Cleck like a fly on a turd AND playing a quarter of the match with 14 men. They are back and they are amazing.

All Hail to the JUGG.

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 08:38:56 PM »
BRB did you just admit that Scarborough are top of the league?  Looks a good year in NE1!

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 08:44:59 PM »
Its our 5 minutes of fame....

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 09:06:39 PM »
BRB congratulations for this week from you know who????

Offline Bombardier29

• Legend
  • There is no Rule 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 09:17:58 AM »
Brilliant win for Scarborough and the ability for this squad to dig deep and find a result never fails to amaze me. Its not a team of superstars but a squad of about 30 players who all know what they are doing because they are excellently coached. The team were horrendously disrupted with concussions (interesting story behind how our centre got concussed last week but I'll save that for the lunch tables), injuries and unavailability... but (as has been the case for two years) whichever combination of 18 players are selected they give it 100%. I doubt we will go up and we will lose plenty of matches but none will be because of lack of effort or organisation.

Enjoyed the visit to West and found their officials to be very welcoming and friendly. They've done well to resurrect themselves from the ashes of the professional club - I didn't realise that the Pro West had actually gone bust.

My heart sank when I saw that yet again a visit to the North East led to a match being refereed by a local referee. First name basis with the West coaches , after West went two tries up was overhead by our Physio saying to the opposition "they don't like losing much" - out of interest who does?? I won't comment any further as it wouldn't be appropriate but I LOVE YORKSHIRE REFS!

Happy to still be top but the One Real Jugg - the sparkling magnificent highly tuned Jugg - the 0 to 60 in 3 seconds Jugg...is well and truly back after smashing Cleck like a fly on a turd AND playing a quarter of the match with 14 men. They are back and they are amazing.

All Hail to the JUGG.
Agree with BRB and am equally amazed at our resilience, team spirit and never say die attitude.
Hard to be critical of today’s side with so many enforced changes but overall we need to improve our exit strategies as we often lose possession and cede territory. I’d also like to see more support for the ball carriers who were often isolated. Finally our line out was shocking mostly due to some poor throwing
I thought everyone stepped up but Jordan Wakeham and Billy Parker had great games and Angus had his best game so far
The referee was poor, hugely inconsistent and inaccurate with many decisions. Comical time off signals to nonexistent timekeeper
When the second seal was opened another horse came out, a fairy red one. Its rider was given power to take the p*ss from the earth and to make men lay with each other. To him was given a large ego.

Offline backrowbandit

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 09:40:30 AM »

Offline Dark Arts Advocate

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 10:57:25 AM »
Cleck kneel down in front of the mighty Jugg

https://twitter.com/CleckheatonRUFC/status/1183297614210580480?s=19
That must hurt? Best team they have played this season by far?
York’s first half and last 15 minutes performance was very good.
Credit to Cleck they got themselves back into the game with a very effective catch and drive line out guided by a cultured kicking performance by their man of the match. But once York smelt the coffee and stopped giving away confusing penalties, they managed to keep their opponents in their own half nullifying their main threat.

So York’s World Cup final to take place at the runaway leaders and everyone’s favorite team next week at fortress Emma Royds!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Offline Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 11:33:52 AM »
Wonder if the new Scarborough recruit goes straight into the big game.  Massive ask for him.

Offline Ian1307

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 11:48:40 AM »
Wonder if the new Scarborough recruit goes straight into the big game.  Massive ask for him.
Our close season recruit from Scarborough is very much looking forward to starting and has sorted out post match beers with last years skipper so no animosity his end.

Offline Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 12:10:50 PM »
Our close season recruit from Scarborough is very much looking forward to starting and has sorted out post match beers with last years skipper so no animosity his end.

Not referring to York. On social media last night Scarborough announced a new player 😉

Offline Ian1307

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 12:31:59 PM »
Looks a big unit, makes the Scarbs front row formindable.