$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 7 Banter

Week 7 Banter

This is a discussion for the topic Week 7 Banter on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Week 7 Banter  (Read 1963 times)

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
on: October 16, 2019, 09:20:22 PM
For what it's worth and sorry to let you down last week Dr Ruck.

Poo Boys v Pie Men: Having travelled to Moor Road last weekend, I was pleasantly surprised by a) the quality of the pies on the bar. Did they need paying for? Either way, it's a wonder anyone gets near the pitch if they eat a few of those before the game. And b) that there was actually a dog poo recovery squad in action before the game. Clearly an emerging problem with our canine lovers not playing the game. Oh, judging by Wath current form, a solid away win.

Old Rich v Sheep sha**ers: Got to go with home dominance and despite several rest periods whilst the ball is fished out of the river, Ri$h fitness to show.

Cheesies v Bog Trotters: As long as the Thorne massive don't get too claustrophobic with the surrounding hills, a good away win. Check the boot of the coach for cheese, sheep and farmer's daughters before leaving.

Slimmers World v England: England to get lost on walk to pitch and Weth to go ahead by a converted try before they arrive. A close home win after that.

Wheatos v Brawno: Despite the boring motorway journey, Barn doors to hit the ground running here and restore some status with a good away win.

Yawno v County Set: No catch and drive fest here and The Anglers' "exciting" backs will give North a magic carpet ride they would rather forget.

Farmers v Sleeping Giants: On probabilities, with respect to Hegians' current form, Ripon should take home win. A close run thing, but lots of pride at stake here now.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 10:30:06 PM
Tried to reply at length but my internet keeps crashing, thank you BT for the new super hub balls up.
Rish to overwhelm a Ribb side struggling because of the loss of key players.
Otherwise who knows following the season's inconsistent scores.
Probable wins for Wath,Cheese Men,WPL, Hills,Sea Anglers &
Hegians.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 10:33:50 PM by Ribb Exile in Lancs »

DrRuck

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 12:56:00 PM
I thought you’d almost given up trying to coax a laugh out of this league Locked Out -it keeps me entertained at least!

Poos vs Pies; The least consistent side in the league have a tough test against the salad dodgers from South Yorkshire. Not even the presents left my the Saturday morning dog walkers will be enough to cause the big me to slip up

Ri$h vs Definitely NOT a Wharfedale feeder club; The men from Halifax compound the problems for ‘Dale, could be a tough day at the office and they may wish they’d stayed in Settle - hopefully the bus trip will make up for it.

Stinking Bishop vs Thorne Massive; Thorne to bully the dairy enthusiasts on and off the pitch. Not even the wide open spaces and fresh air will put off the league’s friendliest side

Fat Fighters vs WPE; wetherby to play down the hill in the first half and roll over the worst side in the league. A small second half come back on the cards as the rotund pack struggle to move their huge frames up the slope.

W££tos vs Lacking Brawn; Another hard day at the office for Barnsley, at least it isn’t a long drive. Plenty of niggle with the derby atmosphere but a cricket score to the children’s cereal

Aladdin vs County; the anglers roll out their best weapon, the catch and drive line out has been replaced with the magic carpet! Could be a long afternoon for North’ if Yawn’s backs are as swift as reports suggest.

Rip Off vs Nytol; The whooping and rahs of the home crowd stir the sleeping lions who maul the men from North Yorkshire - won’t be the best game to watch as I imagine the torrential rain this week has turned the pitch into a mud bath

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 08:12:50 PM
We aim to please!