$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Any matches off yet

Author Topic: Any matches off yet  (Read 989 times)

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Any matches off yet
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 08:03:54 PM »
Without wishing to be too pessimistic the current weather conditions may make many league matches on Saturday unplayable.
Could home clubs contact their opponents to see if there is a chance of fixtures being switched ? Tomorrow does not seem bad from a weather point of view but rain is returning on Saturday. Any games which are called off owing to the condition of the pitch should be supported by an inspection by a referee who is not a club member. Inspections should take place by 10:00am on Saturday morning.
Michael Fish

Offline plantpotjim

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 08:08:00 PM »
Fish 🐟🐟. Couldnt be a more appropriate surname

Online Ribb Exile in Lancs

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 01:18:44 AM »
Wath v Ribb already off. Seen picture of Wath pitch underwater so hardly surprising, thanks to Wath for making early decision.

Offline bobtheguilder

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 03:54:55 PM »
Been forking the pitch since morning at Wath. The puddle is now only 3 foot deep.

Offline Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 06:45:30 PM »
I was at a function last night with our chairman who informed me of the early postponement, to which I replied "Its too early for that. The rain here in settle whilst fairly heavy would not have caused us to be in danger of "Calling it off". I later saw a picture of the pitch totally submerged and would be surprised if its playable for more than a week, depending what gets left behind when it all subsides. Our thoughts are with Wath and we sincerely hope that things get better soon.
It seems that the majority of the UK damage has been done in Donny,Sheffield and into Notts and Derby areas.
I was in Tokyo for Typhoon Hagibis and I fully sympathise with anyone affected by the deluge.

On behalf of North Ribb we wish Wath all the best and a speedy return to playing.

Offline NeilL

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 12:40:53 PM »
It might take longer than a week. Last time the cricket field flooded in 2007 it was over a month before the water subsided/