$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results

Results

This is a discussion for the topic Results on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Results  (Read 18434 times)

Bombardier29

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Drop the red donkey
Reply #30 on: November 10, 2019, 05:51:03 PM
Typical Scarborough version of events ! Driffield perspective , our thoughts and best wishes to the Scarborough prop who sustained a very bad injury. That aside a close first half with driffield playing all the rugby but made too many errors to give a true reflection of the game . The injury gave some of the unfit Scarborough forwards the 40 minute break they needed. . They dominated the 2nd half helped by a referee visiting his relatives in Scarborough. Fair play to the scarborough players who in the end deserved the win .The much praised scarborough crowd abused the driffield players for most of the game . In fact the players said they get less abuse at bridlington and wheatley hills! To say the driffield players gave cheap shots is typical Scarborough and laughable.

Two points that are becoming more than a common theme at Scarborough, the balcony boo boys, who get loaded up before the game, then revert to being soccer fans during the game and unload  their vitriolic abuse to visiting teams and referees!

It was also commented on by the York side who recently won at Silver Royd that the Scarborough side tried to slow everything down, time and again, perhaps an Achilles heel emerging?

'vitriolic abuse'??
I've heard disgruntlement at decisions aplenty, but I've never heard anything that is either vitriolic or abusive.
Don't exaggerate to make your point.
- and let's not pretend everyone else is whiter than white. In the first half, I sat in the stand on the far side, and the Scarborough touch judge and referee got plenty of criticism from some Driffield supporters. Something I couldn't understand because they seemed to be getting a fair number of 50-50 decisions.
Don’t you mean something I could not understand as your 1 eye was in perfect focus.
The problem is Scarborough don’t want to take on the balcony boo boys for fear of loss of revenue.
I have personally heard foul mouth abuse from the supposed Scarborough rugby supporters towards referees and visiting teams in more than one visit.
Additionally I have had other clubs report similar as well as being spat at! Cheering serious injuries although before the full implications of the nature of the injury were understood!
Hostile environment is not something any club in this league (supposedly amateur) should be seeking nor encouraging!!!
Absolute invention from a professional bull5h1773r who consistently goes beyond acceptable comment
Anyone being abusive in our crowd would be ejected. Indeed we have done this before to non members and visiting fans who overstep the mark.
I can just imagine every game you go to people queuing up to “report” to you unsolicited about Scarborough’s crowd.
Any club member or player guilty of spitting at an opponent would be banned sine die. This has never happened at our ground
Who knows what made you so determined to peddle your fiction and abuse Scarborough at every opportunity?
Perhaps you have an axe to grind because you have such a blunt mind.......

When the second seal was opened another horse came out, a fairy red one. Its rider was given power to take the p*ss from the earth and to make men lay with each other. To him was given a large ego.

Dark Arts Advocate

• A little respect please...
Reply #31 on: November 10, 2019, 06:41:22 PM
Check my previous posts for last season. I was lambasted for forwarding the comments of a team other than York who had been in receipt of the hostile environment you are proud of creating at Silver Royd!
That incident included!!
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #32 on: November 10, 2019, 07:09:58 PM
Please give details of the spiting incident you have posted about ..
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Blimey

• Finding my feet
Reply #33 on: November 10, 2019, 08:51:23 PM
Yes details please.
Oh and one other thing, if there is one club in this league that doesnt need the money of a few boo boys its Scarborough.
Seems like the typing finger is getting engaged before the brain.

Driffield Bulldog

• Finding my feet
Reply #34 on: November 10, 2019, 10:11:04 PM
Get you and all your money

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #35 on: November 10, 2019, 10:34:12 PM
Yes details please.
Oh and one other thing, if there is one club in this league that doesnt need the money of a few boo boys its Scarborough.
So why charge £7 to get in then? Were you looking a mirror when you last posted!!
Knock if you can’t go!!!

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #36 on: November 10, 2019, 11:10:44 PM
As a mere Y1 mortal supporter gazing up at the NE1 gods I find all this bickering rather childish. No matter where you go there is always some nobhead shouting their mouth off and unwittingly bringing the club into disrepute, often not even a club member. Every team's got one or more, and yes it should be eradicated, but for you lot to keep rabbiting on about it rather than concentrating on the rugby astounds me. You have some of the best rugby at this level in the country so why not just stick to that and leave the bitching alone. I want to know how good/bad your teams are, not the supporters.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Bombardier29

• Drop the red donkey
Reply #37 on: November 11, 2019, 09:32:45 AM
Yes details please.
So why charge £7 to get in then? Were you looking a mirror when you last posted!!
Knock if you can’t go!!!
Time you got back under your bridge
When the second seal was opened another horse came out, a fairy red one. Its rider was given power to take the p*ss from the earth and to make men lay with each other. To him was given a large ego.

Bombardier29

• Drop the red donkey
Reply #38 on: November 11, 2019, 09:36:42 AM
As a mere Y1 mortal supporter gazing up at the NE1 gods I find all this bickering rather childish. No matter where you go there is always some nobhead shouting their mouth off and unwittingly bringing the club into disrepute, often not even a club member. Every team's got one or more, and yes it should be eradicated, but for you lot to keep rabbiting on about it rather than concentrating on the rugby astounds me. You have some of the best rugby at this level in the country so why not just stick to that and leave the bitching alone. I want to know how good/bad your teams are, not the supporters.
Have to agree
Trouble is when fiction is peddled by trolls with personal vendettas it cannot be left undefended

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #39 on: November 11, 2019, 09:46:45 AM
Have to agree
Trouble is when fiction is peddled by trolls with personal vendettas it cannot be left undefended

Fight the good fight! DAA is a liability.

just passing by

• One of the boys
Reply #40 on: November 11, 2019, 12:13:17 PM
I reckon it’s time to visit Silver Royd Palace to make a personal judgement and perhaps record the outcome. With a little luck Ducks Harse Advocate and Bummerere will be there to confront each other personally, or NOT.

It’s easy to make allegations from a safe distance but also easy to deny them as well. If something’s up then use substantiated information, and on the other side remember,” where there is smoke there’s usually fire”.
Age is a high price to pay for maturity

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #41 on: November 11, 2019, 12:22:08 PM
You'll be very welcome, as everyone is...even DAA.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #42 on: November 11, 2019, 12:28:49 PM
I reckon it’s time to visit Silver Royd Palace to make a personal judgement and perhaps record the outcome. With a little luck Ducks Harse Advocate and Bummerere will be there to confront each other personally, or NOT.

It’s easy to make allegations from a safe distance but also easy to deny them as well. If something’s up then use substantiated information, and on the other side remember,” where there is smoke there’s usually fire”.
So by your post you have never been to Silver Royd. Well JPB I have, several times, my comments are from personal experience that I have witnessed in person. I have raised my concerns re the crowd behavior on this forum several times  Not because I want to but because I felt I should do.

Scarborough are to be congratulated on many fronts for the fantastic facilities that they have put together and the financial rewards that has brought them.

But because you have got a great ground and facilities doesn't give you right to turn a blind eye to some of the very unsavory antics often delivered from their home support.

Whether they are pushing against the limits of their own code of conduct, to create a hostile environment, or not!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #43 on: November 11, 2019, 02:27:27 PM
Please give details for the spitting incident.

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #44 on: November 11, 2019, 05:15:22 PM
It was the San Siro 1990. A Dutchman, a German with a terrible tash and a big thick greeny.

Resulted in a disagreement and some red cards.