$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 07.12.19

Author Topic: Predictions 07.12.19  (Read 2387 times)

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy. and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline gateprop

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Predictions 07.12.19
« on: December 03, 2019, 12:43:29 PM »
A full round of fixtures to choose from (weather permitting). Usual 6 predictions from 7 including your joker.

Halifax Vandals v Wibsey
Leeds Corinthians v Hemsworth
Ossett v Old Otliensians
Rotherham Phoenix v Castleford
Sheffield Medicals v Aireborough
Skipton v Harrogate Pythons
Knottingley v Baildon

Offline Quality 2

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions 07.12.19
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 01:00:20 PM »
Vandals; Orcs to beat Fog Monsters by about 7
Corinthians; even allowing for Hemsworth good show last week, i suspect this could be by 20+ & JOKER
Phoenix; close, but could be a classic forward fest! 7pt win to RP
Meds; kids to run riot before term time finishes by 20+
Pythons; no idea where the team that showed up vs OO’s has gone but Skipton do not have the fire power in the backs. HP by 14
Knottingley; Baildon were a different team vs OO in the cup last week compared to the league game where they dominated. Baildon backs looked fairly lifeless & the forwards got a lesson in scrummaging. Knottingley by 10

Ossett vs OO’s; no prediction but OO’s starved Baildon of ball last week & if that happens again the OO’s backs to enjoy themselves

Offline Too old too slow

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 02:24:07 PM »
Corinthians to win easily against a bang average Hemsworth (J)
If the ossett farmers field isn't too muddy and the weather not too cold the OO's will win if they have got rid of the tears out of their eyes from the Wibsey defeat, don't be too rough with them ossett they don't like it
Battle of the fat packs with the weight of the Ca$$ brown envelopes getting them a win.
The great unwashed to get the win giving the aireborough boys the run around on the big pitch
Battle of the farmers, surly the Harrogate boys will be too good.
Knottingley win even though missing about 15-20 first teamers even the big baildon kicking game isn't bigger than the knottingley egos, the baildon backs should be aware the ball is the egg shaped thing you 10 hoofs away because ya can't catch his passes

Offline Water Boy

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 03:16:40 PM »
Leeds Corinthians v Hemsworth - Leeds by 20. Far too strong - JOKER
Ossett v Old Otliensians - Could be close. Will go OO's, but only by a score.
Rotherham Phoenix v Castleford - Disappointing season for both so far. Taking Roth with home advantage
Sheffield Medicals v Aireborough - Students by a couple of scores at least
Skipton v Harrogate Pythons - Which Skipton will turn up?? Pythons by 20
Knottingley v Baildon - Game of the week, but if last week is anything to go by, i will take the Knottingley forwards to bully the Baildon pack.

Offline gateprop

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 04:12:56 PM »
Halifax Vandals v Wibsey - Vandals been a tough team to beat this year especially at home.
Leeds Corinthians (J) v Hemsworth - should be a cormfortable home win.
Ossett v Old Otliensians - if Ensians didn’t enjoy Wibsey’s pitch they aren’t going to like Ossett’s either.
Rotherham Phoenix v Castleford - tough one to call this but Cas haven’t been travelling well so will go with a home win.
Sheffield Medicals v Aireborough - good to see Aire get a win last time out but think the students will be too strong for them here.
Skipton v Harrogate Pythons - always a tough game away here so will have to play well to come away with anything here.
Knottingley v Baildon - Knottingley to bounce back from cup disappointment with a win here.

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 10:40:50 PM »
Halifax Vandals v Wibsey - Missed last match against Phoenix lads. Looking forward to a tough one on the slopes of Mt Doom.
Leeds Corinthians v Hemsworth - Leeds to keep marching on in a scrappy one.
Ossett v Old Otliensians - coin toss.
Rotherham Phoenix v Castleford - Cas seem to be waking up a bit. Just fancy them for this.
Skipton v Harrogate Pythons - Cant see a home win for Skip here sorry.
Knottingley v Baildon - Defence vs Attack here. Knottingley are setting the world alight with their scores but ain't letting many passed them.

Offline MrG

• Finding my feet
  • UTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 08:28:03 AM »
Vandals
Leeds C J
Old O
Rotherham
Sheff Meds
Harrogate

Good luck to all :)

Offline Beachy

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 03:26:20 PM »
Halifax Vandals v Wibsey - Vandals are always tough at home especially in this weather. Should be a bruising encounter on mount doom.
Leeds Corinthians J v Hemsworth - Can't see Leeds slipping up here, should be a 5 pointer.
Ossett v Old Otliensians - Closer than I would have thought with recent results but still expect Ensians to get over the line.
Rotherham Phoenix v Castleford - Tough one to call both not doing that well, Cas just.
Sheffield Medicals v Aireborough - I think the students will have too much energy for Aire and just run them ragged.
Skipton v Harrogate Pythons - Skipton being there usual inconsistent selves this year, Gate not firing on all cylinders could be a shock Skipton result, but will go with Gate just.
Knottingley v Baildon - Gutting result last week but got to pick ourselves up with a tough game against Baildon now. Hopefully get back on track this week but Baildon are flying and we're like the walking dead at the moment. Fingers crossed for a win (apart from Seedy's finger)!

Offline Fat Back

• Finding my feet
  • Let's spice things up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 07:50:24 PM »
Vandals V Wibsey - Vandals to take this with home advantage. Close game!

Corinths V Hemsworth - Easy win for leeds. Could be a cricket score. Hemsworth up there with Aire as worst team in league and will not relish the trip across to downtown Syria. The gypsie camp next to the pitch is enough to scare any away team.

Ossett V Otley - if Otleys backs can get some ball on the farmers field they should take the win. Ossett are no pushovers though. Otley just for me.

Phoenix V Cas - Does anybody really care who finishes higher up in mid table out of these??

Medics V Aire - Medics with home advantage

Skipton V Gate - Battle of the packs! Harrogate to take the win if their players can be bothered to travel across to Skipton. If not, they'll probably still win. Skipton are poor.

Grotts V Baildon - I'm going to go for an away win here. Knottla lads to be too depressed after being robbed last week and will be struggling with injuries after what I saw last week. Big 8 pulled a hamstring it seemed and the little old 9 snapped his finger. Heard a rumour from my friend at Pontefract that the knottingley coach has resigned. Are the wheels coming off after their National Cup exit??
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 08:03:45 PM by Fat Back »

Online Fenton

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 09:33:01 PM »

Corinths V Hemsworth - Easy win for leeds. Could be a cricket score. Hemsworth up there with Aire as worst team in league and will not relish the trip across to downtown Syria. The gypsie camp next to the pitch is enough to scare any away team.

Ossett V Otley - if Otleys backs can get some ball on the farmers field they should take the win. Ossett are no pushovers though. Otley just for me.

Phoenix V Cas - Does anybody really care who finishes higher up in mid table out of these??

Skipton V Gate - Battle of the packs! Harrogate to take the win if their players can be bothered to travel across to Skipton. If not, they'll probably still win. Skipton are poor.

Grotts V Baildon - I'm going to go for an away win here. Knottla lads to be too depressed after being robbed last week and will be struggling with injuries after what I saw last week. Big 8 pulled a hamstring it seemed and the little old 9 snapped his finger. Heard a rumour from my friend at Pontefract that the knottingley coach has resigned. Are the wheels coming off after their National Cup exit??
fat *wat put your
Money where your mouth is, and it’s a big mouth, rumours are a terrible thing. Wheels on the Bus and all

Offline Oldtwohats

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 06:22:27 AM »
Halifax Vandals v Wibsey. Results show Vandals have been improving recently and home advantage should see them through.
Leeds Corinthians v Hemsworth. Leeds on a high after last week so should take this at a canter.
Ossett v Old Otliensians. Fancy Ossett to do a job on Ensians at home, close one though.
Rotherham Phoenix v Castleford. Phoenix at home, Cas don’t seem to like travelling....anywhere!
Sheffield Medicals v Aireborough. Students should still be at full strength before the Xmas hols.
Skipton v Harrogate Pythons Pythons have too much in every department to overcome struggling Skipton.
Knottingley v Baildon. Injuries and post cup blues for Knotts plus Baildon form this season means this is my ’too close to call’ game this week so no prediction.

Good Luck All.

Offline Fat Back

• Finding my feet
  • Let's spice things up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 06:53:52 AM »

fat *wat put your
Money where your mouth is, and it’s a big mouth, rumours are a terrible thing. Wheels on the Bus and all
Don't shoot the messenger Fonetone, I can only go off what was said to me. But I'm glad you cleared that up quickly that the coach hasn't resigned. A quick note though about how defensive you get when anyone dare make a comment about Grotts, especially as it seems I have been to more knottingley games than you this season

Offline Beachy

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2019, 08:30:28 AM »
especially as it seems I have been to more knottingley games than you this season

Does this mean you're the new Fenton Fat Back?!?

Offline Ossett 9 no more

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2019, 04:12:20 PM »
Halifax Vandals v Wibsey
Leeds Corinthians v Hemsworth  (Joker)
Ossett v Old Otliensians
Rotherham Phoenix v Castleford
Skipton v Harrogate Pythons
Knottingley v Baildon

Offline Fat Back

• Finding my feet
  • Let's spice things up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2019, 04:31:37 PM »
especially as it seems I have been to more knottingley games than you this season

Does this mean you're the new Fenton Fat Back?!?
I can be whoever you want me to be if you'll clear up the rumours surrounding your coaches resignation after the Corinthians defeat