$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 14 Banter

Week 14 Banter

This is a discussion for the topic Week 14 Banter on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Week 14 Banter  (Read 2907 times)

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
on: December 09, 2019, 10:14:00 PM
Here goes for some further speculation:

Not a Wharfedale feeder club v Barn doors: No worries about costly bus trips, or embarrassing drop ins to other clubs, almost Lancashire to rub Brawno’s noses in the sheep s**t. Home hospitality will of course be top notch, especially with Flaggy encouraging coach trips to the max and the current choice of shearlings for post match entertainment. Home win by many.

Poo boys v County Set: North will have no answer to home hospitality for ref, including red carpet to pitch, to ensure home win and current OG prediction ranking leaders. No need for doggy do’s, job done. Oh, OGs will score more points.

Old Cashworthians v Cheesy Whotsits: No rabbit holes for the visitors to hide in here, but maybe some fox s**t to dodge. Either way, this will be a big hello to Y2 contention for the Dalesmen and a cricket score for the hosts.

Farmers v Slimmers World: If ever there was a time to get a decent result against Wetherby, this must be it. Go to go with heart and home advantage.

Pie Men v England: Wath now seasoned professionals at breathing underwater and wading through treacle, will grind WPL into the slop for a close home win.

Yawno v Wheatos: Home roly polies better adapted to conditions than visitors. Expect to see many clouds of rubber granules spraying as the big boys hit the AGP. Home backs will net plenty.

Snoozers v Bog trotters: Another somnambulant victory based on home side just doing something well and the visitors best team all on shifts this weekend. Plus, the complicated journey to the ground will be too much for the Thorne travelers, so home support will be an advantage.

plantpotjim

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 02:02:06 PM
North Ribbed vs Bangaveragesley - Battle of the basement dwellers. Long way to travel for Barnsley and all uphill, cant see anything past a easy 5 point home win for the ribbed lads. Big bald barno prop to be the only player who looks bothered.

Poo Machine vs North - Disappointing loss last week throwing away an easy 5 points. Classic Christmas unavailability setting in now so ill go for a close home win with north dropping like flies to some festive white dog logs strategically placed to stop the rolling maul.

Old RI$H vs The Cheese - Do they have a big enough Christmas budget to retain the top 2 spot till the new year? I think so. easy home win

Ripon vs Wetherby - Greggs annual launch of the festive bake seems to have coincided with Wetherby being unable to get the W. Ripon to grind out the win in a mud bath at the pigsty. Wetherbellys prop to still not admit what he did...

Pie men vs WPL - Game to be called off after 5 mins after the Wath front row start nibbling on the tasty west park 9 after not been allowed 2nd breakfast . Wath awarded the win because WPL being in y3 would be jokes and they have the worst playing kit in history

Yawnbury vs Wheatley hills have eyes - 4g will need re laying after the wheeto puddings have trotted around on it for 80 mins. Their big prop to run one in from 80m like he nearly did against us on sat. Easy win

Zzzzzzzz vs Thawnnn - Roundhegians will probs win again …. somehow. Thorne not used to the cleaner air up here and run out of puff in the 2nd half.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 12:24:35 AM
Ribb v Barnsley I risk disaster by predicting a comfortable win for Ribb. Even got a  hooker back from Wharfedale & player/coach back last week after 15 months out. Hospitality will good as ever, shortage
of Shearlings (Sic) but a couple of Rigwellters will be available.
Win for OGs unless county set forwards improve on last weeks performance.
The Copley villagers to win easily, the cheese men will have difficulty adapting to Calderdale conditions.
Ripon v Wetherby, battle of the racecourses, Ripon flat racers too fast for Wetherby steeplechasers.
Big win for Wath, don't forget your aqua-lungs WPL
 Yawn to win at a cost with Hills ballerinas trashing the 4g pitch. Sea anglers gambit may have to be
used for next home game.
Easy win for Hegians, Thorne may not even arrive in time for in 30 years I have found at least 25 ways to approach the ground. (No Satnav then)
Question - why did I waste an hour doing this?

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 10:46:54 PM by Ribb Exile in Lancs »

ribbrugby

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 07:05:38 PM
Ribb v Barnsley I risk disaster by predicting a comfortable win for Ribb. Even got a prop back from Wharfedale & player/coach back last week after 15 months out.

Player in question played 16 seasons in Ribb 1s and was never a prop, he is a combative hooker/back row accustomed to Y1-Y2 level.

No league rugby is comfortable, looking forward to the usual busy and hard working Barnsley visiting Grove Park
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 07:09:30 PM by ribbrugby »

Ribb Exile in Lancs

Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 12:19:47 AM
OK I may have got that one wrong but as a newcomer please be aware this forum is for banter BETWEEN clubs and not to be pedantic. Over the last five seasons I have been trying to make Ribblesdale news easier to access for ex players and supporters who no longer live in the area. It started well but it is now going backwards. For problems please use email or Facebook.

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 05:54:16 PM
Just imagine what this will be like when Knottingley get promoted! 😂

Ribb Exile in Lancs

Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 06:45:37 PM
Just to clarify after last nights rant, the theme of the recent banter had been Ribb as a Wharfedale feeder club which is anathema to Ribb. The point was that a player had returned to Ribb the position although wrong was irrelevant.