$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 14 Scores

Author Topic: Week 14 Scores  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Locked Out

• Forum old hand
  • One of the boys
    • View Profile
Week 14 Scores
« on: December 14, 2019, 05:59:26 PM »
Ripon 6 - 9 Wetherby: lancashire game in lancashire conditions. Too many penalties in last 10 minutes killed home hopes of at least a draw. Seasons greetings to all and looking forward to better fortunes in the new year.

Offline Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
Re: Week 14 Scores
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 06:38:03 PM »
North Ribblesdale 24 Barnsley 8
Old Grovians 13 Northallerton 20
Old Rishworthians 13 Wensleydale 5
Ripon 6 Wetherby 9
Roundhegians 17 Thornensians 0
Wath-upon-Dearne 34 West Park Leeds 0
Yarnbury 15 Wheatley Hills 22

Offline Johnsman

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 10:01:52 AM »
OG 13 North 20
Poor game in very wet/windy conditions. Condition suited North 10 man rugby. OG hampered by two injuries to the backs in first 25 minutes with no back replacement (only 3 subs in Div 2 is a joke - when you have to have 2 front row replacements).  Game at 13-15 when ref gives try to North when clearly tackled into touch well short of line - linesman still in North end of field. Surely you cant give what you cant see? This was typical of a very poor standard of referring in which eight Northallerton penalties 10 metres from line (through out the game) and tacklers not releasing still resulted in no yellow card.
All credit to North who played the condition and the referee to their advantage.

Offline Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 10:24:31 AM »
You dont have 2 have 2 front row on the bench! Cant blame the laws when you dont appear to know them.

Offline Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 10:45:38 AM »
Solid performance from Ribb following on from last weeks excellent win at Northallerton. We started brightly sporing early on with a converted try. Our forwards were on top in miserable conditions and we scored again after 20 mins. A penalty from Barno was their only reward in the first half.
We scored two further tries to Barnsleys one in the second half to give us a well deserved bonus point win. A special mention must go to the big Barnsley number 3 who concentrated more on his boxing skills off the ball than he did on his rugby. He should stick to rugby, but it appears he is challenged on both skill sets.
Merry xmas to all.

Offline North Coach

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 11:08:22 AM »
Johnsman I have to say I must disagree. I was playing 13 and made the pass in which our player scored in the corner which out of everyone there I probably had the best view and you got lucky that it wasn’t a plenty try with your player hanging around his neck as he scored. Also the ref said it was a try but wanted to double check with the touch judge but ultimately the ref made his decision and the right one in my opinion.

I feel the ref was really good and equally balanced throughout the game giving plenties for similar things from both sides.

As for 10 man rugby there was a try from myself out wide at 13 and a try from our left winger so I feel your opinion is pretty harsh. I wish the lads that picked up injuries all the best and a speedy recovery.

My one suggestion would be to work on scrummaging and your front row on the loosehead side to try a stop collapsing scrums would have saved you an injury and a few plenties.

Thank you for the hospitality and the players seemed like a really nice bunch of lads.
All the best with the rest of the season

Offline Fireman Sam

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 12:37:58 PM »
A special mention must go to the big Barnsley number 3 who concentrated more on his boxing skills off the ball than he did on his rugby. He should stick to rugby, but it appears he is challenged on both skill sets.
Merry xmas to all.
Presumably you are referring to 'Baggy' who has never thrown a punch in his life. Or if he has, someone else must have seriously rattled his cage! He has however a superb hand off, which I'm sure many will testify as to its effectiveness. He has never been blown up for the use of this hand off, so don't know where the accusation of a 'boxing skills' comes from. As to his skill set a bit unfair to say he is challenged, although will accept he could be a bit fitter! No statistics here but I doubt there is a prop in Y2 who has scored more tries than him in recent seasons; even with Barnsley's poor last couple of seasons?

Offline Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 01:55:39 PM »
Mr Sam
            I am sure "having never thrown a punch in his life" he repetitvely has a twitch in his right arm. What could possibly explain this condition other than his body sugar level or lack of respect of his opponents.